PDA

View Full Version : Region 3 Championships - who is going?

DownYonder
Oct. 12, 2007, 01:55 PM
Who on this forum will be at the Region 3 championships in Ocala next weekend? I will be there to cheer on my trainer and various friends. :D

arnika
Oct. 12, 2007, 05:54 PM
I'll be there, hoping for the same weather we're getting this weekend.

hotspot
Oct. 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
anyone know if the ride times areposted? i can't seem to find them-
Thanks-

Equibrit
Oct. 12, 2007, 07:10 PM
Times http://www.dsdcta.org/

Home Again Farm
Oct. 12, 2007, 08:17 PM
The DSHB finals breed championships will be held there and I am taking my 2004 filly. :yes::D:yes:

hluing
Oct. 13, 2007, 09:20 AM
I will be there showing AA PSG and I-1.
Heather

Marydell
Oct. 13, 2007, 05:38 PM
I will be taking three of our mares for the DSHB along with a couple of foals by DonPrincipe, one that is qualified.
Mary Lou, is Andrea coming?
Hope to see you all there!

Maryanna Haymon
www.marydellfarm.com

Home Again Farm
Oct. 13, 2007, 08:25 PM
I will be taking three of our mares for the DSHB along with a couple of foals by DonPrincipe, one that is qualified.
Mary Lou, is Andrea coming?
Hope to see you all there!

Andrea and I will be there with Wolkenstanza. :D:D:D:D:D

Mariequi
Oct. 14, 2007, 02:33 AM
Be there as USDF rep. GAIG insurance rep at Region 7 this week/weekend says hot/humid in FL right now?

Dirigo
Oct. 14, 2007, 09:18 AM
Any results posted anywhere yet?

Equibrit
Oct. 14, 2007, 09:51 AM
DSDCTA is hosting Region 3 Championships!
October 20 & 21

DownYonder
Oct. 14, 2007, 01:45 PM
Andrea and I will be there with Wolkenstanza. :D:D:D:D:D

ML, I will try to come by the breed show to say hi and see the lovely Wolkenstanza. Good luck, I am sure she will steal the show! :yes:

arnika
Oct. 14, 2007, 03:44 PM
Mariequi, this weekend was lovely until a couple of hours ago. Temps in the upper 50's at night and 85 during the day. Today it is getting cloudy with a few sprinkles, temp of 81.

I'm hoping this moves on and we go back to our normal of less humid and dry for the coming show.

Mary Lou, it will be good to see you. I will keep an eye out for you and Wolkenstanza. I'm also looking forward to seeing the foals by Don Principe.

DownYonder
Oct. 14, 2007, 05:07 PM
Whoops, I didn't see your post, MH. I will stop by and say "hi" at some point. Heather, I will also try to find you! We've got 5 riders in our group, including two in the I-1 championships, two in the PSG Championships, and two in the Fourth Level Championships, so it might be a busy weekend! :)

Home Again Farm
Oct. 14, 2007, 08:15 PM
This show is huge and we will be in the ring for all of five minutes. :eek: I hope we all get to meet up with one another. Nine rings!!! Hope to see you all! I am especially interested in seeing the DP babies, Marydell! :yes: Stanza won't be coming over until the morning of the show. She lives to rub out braids. :winkgrin:

tobruk
Oct. 14, 2007, 10:17 PM
We'll be there with our Rosenthal filly. Arriving late Thursday and leaving Sat after the DSHB classes. Showing under Tobruk Farm.

AllyB
Oct. 14, 2007, 10:45 PM
I'll be there show first level open championships on a homebred Bordeux/Werther gelding. This is a new region for me and I have to say, wow! Nine rings! What fun! Good luck to all!

Dirigo
Oct. 21, 2007, 02:33 AM
Does anyone know if there are results posted anywhere?
Dirigo

Equibrit
Oct. 21, 2007, 10:03 AM
See post #4

good booie
Oct. 21, 2007, 12:07 PM
I can't find any results???

Equibrit
Oct. 21, 2007, 03:41 PM
It's not over yet and the USDF is involved!

Dirigo
Oct. 21, 2007, 03:59 PM
NEDA and Region8 had the scores posted every day during the competition!!

Hazelnut
Oct. 21, 2007, 05:11 PM
Must not be up yet...

Home Again Farm
Oct. 21, 2007, 06:07 PM
The prize list states that results will be up on the Deep South website 3 days after the competition ends.

PMJ
Oct. 22, 2007, 10:15 AM
Considering the fact that competitors couldn't get the posted results for the noon award yesterday although we had people waiting for over 45 minutes for the last 9 scores, with horses waiting I'm not surprised. And considering that on more than on occasion while I was waiting, the office official made such a huge deal to competitors about making sure that they would loose their ribbon, must be on time, yada yada.

DownYonder
Oct. 22, 2007, 01:19 PM
I agree, the way the awards ceremonies were handled was a big fuster cluck. My trainer qualified two horses for the Open PSG awards ceremony, but never got to appear in the ceremony because the office didn’t post the results until AFTER the ceremony was finished. :confused: She had gone back to the barn (at the opposite end of the ENORMOUS show grounds) after her second ride in Open PSG so she could tack up the first horse again in case he made it into the awards ceremony. Meanwhile, we had people standing at the scoreboard waiting and waiting and waiting for the results to be posted so we could call and tell her which horse to bring over (if either). All they had posted were scores from the first four rides in the class, but no scores from the rest of the class, or placings. We even asked in the office several times, but couldn’t get an answer.

I finally got the results from the awards ceremony ring steward as the PSG ceremony was concluding – I just happened to walk over there to watch another one of my trainer’s students go in for her ceremony and hear someone say the Open PSG ceremony was finishing up. I think there were only 3 or 4 people who showed up for it, so apparently there were other people who got caught by the same snafu.

To add insult to injury, they repeatedly announced throughout the show that if you didn’t show up dressed and mounted for the awards ceremony, you forfeited your placing. So then the office tried to tell my trainer she was SOL and couldn’t claim her ribbons, etc. :mad: I guess someone had a little talk with the TD, because they relented and gave her one of her ribbons, but they had apparently given the other one to someone else so they were going to have to mail a ribbon to her. The whole thing really sucked - both of my trainer’s PSG horses are owned by her clients and it would have been so wonderful if we could have gotten a nice photo of them in the awards ceremony, esp. since one owner couldn’t be at the show due to a serious illness with a close family member.

Another thing that was a PIA was there were NO LIGHTS on the showgrounds at night. People coming in after dark had to first try to figure out where their barns were, and then had to fumble around in the pitch black trying to find light switches in their barns. And, of course, no one could work their horses after dark, which also caused problems for those arriving late. :no:

And then there were all the problems with the breed show championships – starting with not having handler releases or armbands, or an announcer, or a ring steward, etc., etc. Thank heaven for the breed show competitors and their friends, who stepped in at the last minute to make sure the show went on.

I understand that the Region 3 championships are going to be at the same place in 2009 – I sure hope they figure out a better way to do things.

SerenaGinger
Oct. 22, 2007, 02:30 PM
To add insult to injury, they repeatedly announced throughout the show that if you didn’t show up dressed and mounted for the awards ceremony, you forfeited your placing.

I understand that the Region 3 championships are going to be at the same place next year – I sure hope they figure out a better way to do things.

Yup, someone three stalls down from us lost their reserve champion because they thought they didn't place, how sad!

I am SHOCKED they will use this facility again. Ocala is a great location, but this place is so spread out and has too many issues with the size. Maybe HITS will put in some regular toilets, arena lights, complete sound system, ect over next summer?

good booie
Oct. 22, 2007, 02:57 PM
Next year they are going to held at Poplar Place.

austin
Oct. 22, 2007, 03:26 PM
Well I for one think they did a great job. 900 rides to schedule and my experience with my 3 rides was that everyting ran on time.

the awards were difficult, I almost lost a ribbon myself cause I was last to ride in a class with about 30 horses and did not finish till after 12. I then needed to hose off and water my hot horse.

but they were doing the best they could. they needed to do the awards and then get those rings going again.

People would have been upset if they had to wait till everything was over.

I was at one regionals where we were out there after dark.

If you have done a better job yourself and have solutions then offer them.

remember that many of the people gave up their weekends for no pay to be there to put on the show.

remember to say "thank you" to volunteers, be gracious, grateful, humble, ...

PMJ
Oct. 22, 2007, 04:36 PM
You know, I wouldn't have had so much a problem if they hadn't copped such an attitude about it. There were people doing WHAT THEY WERE TOLD, yet the office screwed it up. It was disorganized during many parts, and yes, things happen and that happens, and maybe my show group has gotten very spoiled with our shows and the other Championships we have attended but in comparison this was not the best run. HOWEVER, had the office had the attitude, it would have been a whole lot better.

Yes, there were some wonderful volunteers and they did try very hard, but to pay that kind of money and to be treated the way we were for management to be rude on several occasions is inexcuseable. Riders should not be put in the position of losing their ribbons when it is their fault. Perhaps if they had a speaker system that would carry in all barns, this would not have been a problem. There was absolutely none. Our barn did not have working electricity to all stalls for our fans which were needed this weekend. Our barn did have lights as we were at an upper barn, but my friend was at one of the very far barns and it was really bad. Our barn flooded right as another friend was leaving and the bottom fell out, and thank goodness it didn't do that over the weekend--mud everyplace, including the stalls.

I have to say, for the money I spent, the time, the drive, it the show wasn't worth it, even for a Championship, or rather ESPECIALLY for a Championship, which is basically what I put in my show evaluation.

Luckily, we ran into the Stegmans from Poplar Place who are hosting the Championships at Poplar Place next year, and they were interested in talking to people about what worked, what didn't. It is such a great place in the first place, and they really pay attention to detail, so it should be a great place to have the 2008 Championships.

TeddyRocks
Oct. 22, 2007, 05:32 PM
Does anyone that was there have any of the results from the championship classes???
I'm especially interested in the

Training Level Open Championship,

PSG Open Championship,

and 2nd and 3rd level AA Championships.

Thanks!!!

I don't want to wait for posted results... :-)

Dirigo
Oct. 22, 2007, 06:35 PM
I wasn't at Region 3 Championships, but I'm dying to know the results.
We live there in the wintertime.

I think it's important to remember, that the Ocala showgrounds is still building....
IT is going to be a phenomenal place in the future, with already fantastic footing and usually a super atmosphere.
I do have to say, though, that when a place is not finished, and it's not YET working (like speakers and lights in stabeling) , you can't tighten the screws on something like awards ceremonys.... like not giving people their awards if they don't show up.
That is WRONG and needs to be reconsidered.

That said, I think Ocala has a really bright future in it's horse park!

PS where is poplar place???

DownYonder
Oct. 22, 2007, 06:36 PM
Next year they are going to held at Poplar Place.

Oops, thanks! I knew that. :o

I meant to say the Region 3 Championships were going to be back in Ocala in 2009. I have corrected my earlier post.

DownYonder
Oct. 22, 2007, 06:40 PM
Well I for one think they did a great job. 900 rides to schedule and my experience with my 3 rides was that everyting ran on time.

the awards were difficult, I almost lost a ribbon myself cause I was last to ride in a class with about 30 horses and did not finish till after 12. I then needed to hose off and water my hot horse.

but they were doing the best they could. they needed to do the awards and then get those rings going again.

People would have been upset if they had to wait till everything was over.

I was at one regionals where we were out there after dark.

If you have done a better job yourself and have solutions then offer them.

remember that many of the people gave up their weekends for no pay to be there to put on the show.

remember to say "thank you" to volunteers, be gracious, grateful, humble, ...

I agree, there were many volunteers who went above and beyond the call of duty, and I thank them. I have volunteered at many, many shows over the years, and I know first hand how tough it is to run a show. HOWEVER - don't DEMAND that people participate in awards ceremonies if you can't even post the danged results in a timely fashion!

CTM
Oct. 22, 2007, 07:07 PM
Dirigo - I think you are thinking of the Ocala Horse park which is still in the making. This show was at the HITS Post Time facility which hosts several weeks of H/J shows in the winter.

I was at the show this past weekend and have competed at the same facility in the winter back in my hunter days. One observation from having the perspective of both disciplines is that when a show gets that big charging more money and having professional show management with paid staff would be a plus. The H/J show manages to accomodate many more horses. Dressage shows are still a fraction of what it costs to show a hunter (and you know what time you show!) but I foresee them becoming more expensive as the shows get bigger and getting sufficient volunteers becomes problematic.

I was also wondering about the '08 Championships at Poplar Place. Do they have the ring space? They usually set up 3 competition rings and there's the warm up area; that takes up the current space. Has anyone heard any plans to expand?

Another question is the possibility of going to a longer show, like the H/J shows, where the pros ride during the week and the AA's and JR's ride on the weekend when there is such a a big show. Some of the winter dressage shows start on Friday in Florida; perhaps stretching it out over more days would make things smoother. Just thought and observations...

Dirigo
Oct. 22, 2007, 08:21 PM
Thank you CTM for clarifying.
For some rason I had the impression that it was at the horse park.
Is there any way Region 3 Championships will move to the horse park someday??

Hits is pretty enormous, I wonder why lights and speakers wheren't in better shape!!

hluing
Oct. 22, 2007, 08:23 PM
I agree the show had some major problems...the awards issues were pretty bad. The place is sooo spread out and our barn was about the farthest away...so a ton of time was spent just trying to get back and forth. I will say that the footing was very nice and there was plenty of warmup space...which is great. Hopefully they make some improvements for 2009!

CTM
Oct. 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
Dirigo - The show was originally scheduled for the Ocala Horse park but apparently there was some question as to everything being ready by then. In January of this year at our awards banquet for our local Georgia association the USDF representative announced the change of venue to the HITS facility.

The HITS facility doesn't have lights; I'm not sure if Wellington does either as they bring in big temporary lights when they have night classes on the Grand Prix field. My personal vote is that they have the show at the Georgia Int'l Horse Park every year. It can accomodate the number of horses and rings, the footing is good, there are lights in the covered and Grand Prix field, speaker system throughout, enough permanent stabling for everyone, more permanent bathrooms, etc.

PS - Poplar Place Farm - www.poplarplacefarm.com - near Columbus, GA

DownYonder
Oct. 22, 2007, 09:36 PM
I was also wondering about the '08 Championships at Poplar Place. Do they have the ring space? They usually set up 3 competition rings and there's the warm up area; that takes up the current space. Has anyone heard any plans to expand?

Poplar Place can also set up several rings near the road, as well as up by the main barn. I am wondering though if it would be better to just offer championship classes and skip trying to hold an open show at the same time. I guess that is where Ocala got in trouble - they were also running an open show and had classes running concurrently in NINE rings! :eek:

CTM
Oct. 22, 2007, 10:43 PM
Oops! - I did forget that there are a couple of other rings by the driveway at Poplar Place. The idea of just having the Championship classes is a thought; it was fun to have such a big show though.

austin
Oct. 23, 2007, 09:10 AM
so what is the best way to run the awards ceremonies? I was glad they did the before lunch group and then they others at the end of the day. but it was tough if you were in a class that ran till noon.

The rule was to be there or let them know why you could not be there. Of course you might not even know if you needed to be there until the scores were posted, which they did fairly quickly for dealing with all the rings (9).

I was involved in a controversy over my ribbon on Sunday (being last in my class (at 11:56) I took my hot horse back the barn and bathed him and watered him and toweled him off and got down to the ring just as my group was going in),

and I found the ladies that dealt with me to be very reasonable, esp for it being Sunday afternoon and they had been working all weekend. Of course I tried to be very polite to them.

SerenaGinger
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:44 AM
Does anyone that was there have any of the results from the championship classes???
I'm especially interested in the

Training Level Open Championship,

PSG Open Championship,

and 2nd and 3rd level AA Championships.

Thanks!!!

I don't want to wait for posted results... :-)

3rd level AA (according to my scribble)
1st - Heather Houck, Tacolando Triple R 66.8%
(original 2nd place forfeited due to not showing up at awards ceremony)
2nd - Holly Hains, Royal Dream 60.46%
3rd - Marianne Rutherford, Locero 60.23%

I have some other scores (of the rides we saw, there were 18 in the class) but not any more placings. PM me if you want to see if I wrote down a specific score.

That's the only class for which I wrote scores down that you were interested in.

lorilu
Oct. 23, 2007, 12:52 PM
Right now the Horse Park only has 3 "footed" arenas. the others would have to be on grass; here in Fl, in the morning, it can be wet with dew.....
And the barns are all tents (except for some limited wood barns).
Maybe in the future; they have big plans for the facility.
Our local club held a show there in September and the footing is REALLY nice. Looked similar to the stuff out at HITS.
L

austin
Oct. 23, 2007, 01:52 PM
Marianne Rutherford !!! Woo Hoo !!!

TeddyRocks
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:00 AM
Where are they?

This is Wednesday!

I would think if anything they would put up Champion and Reserve winners of the Championship classes if they don't have the whole show ready. :no:

Anyone have the results?

DownYonder
Oct. 24, 2007, 12:02 PM
Maybe they are still trying to sort out the final placings. Does anyone know what the rulebook says about forfeiting your placing if you don't show up at the awards ceremony? I suspect there are some very po'd people out there that got caught up in this mess. It would really suck to have to tell a client that their horse placed 1st or 2nd in the regional championships, but was disqualified because you missed the award ceremony.

pcwertb
Oct. 24, 2007, 12:27 PM
At some of the bigger shows, the prize list states that awards ceremonies are mandatory or you forfeit. Whether the prize list for this show states such, I am not sure. At WEF, the dressage shows state awards presentations are mandatory and Klaus enforces that rule.

DownYonder
Oct. 24, 2007, 12:56 PM
At some of the bigger shows, the prize list states that awards ceremonies are mandatory or you forfeit. Whether the prize list for this show states such, I am not sure. At WEF, the dressage shows state awards presentations are mandatory and Klaus enforces that rule.

Well, there you go. I haven't looked at the prize list, but I would assume that it did state the awards were mandatory. I wonder what happens if a rider didn't show up because the ceremony was held before results were posted? Does the rider have any recourse? Guess they would have to file a formal protest with USEF, right?

Dirigo
Oct. 24, 2007, 01:29 PM
It generally states, that the awards ceremony is mandatory.
In Region 8, when you look at your ride times, the Awards ceremonys for each level are clearly stated in their own time slots, and you know a week before when they will take place (yes with little leeway fifteen minutes here and there).
I didn't see that posted anywhere on that website for Region 3, and that's faulty.
I emailed the lady who does the website yesterday, and she emailed back, saying that she hadn't gotten the results in yet, and would post them the second she would.
At least she's trying!!!

mjhco
Oct. 24, 2007, 04:36 PM
Well, there you go. I haven't looked at the prize list, but I would assume that it did state the awards were mandatory. I wonder what happens if a rider didn't show up because the ceremony was held before results were posted? Does the rider have any recourse? Guess they would have to file a formal protest with USEF, right?

When we have been in the situation of an impending mandatory awards ceremony and not knowing the placings we have had horses and riders dressed and ready to go at the ring just in case.

CTM
Oct. 24, 2007, 04:53 PM
Our group got dressed and went up to be ready if they placed since the showgrounds were so spread out and the results were not posted and there were no speakers back at the barn. It seemed the best way to handle the situation.

luckles
Oct. 24, 2007, 11:14 PM
There were too many problems to mention at HITS. A pretty, yet very badly set up show grounds. Problems:

* too spread out...I felt sorry for the people in the barns far away
* Not enough electrical or water outlets in barns (ours #5...had only 3 electrical outlets for about 20-30 stalls..one at each end and one in the middle) Everyone had to run extension cords off these few outlets for fans...can you say fire hazard??!!
* No lighted arenas
* Not enough "real" bathrooms....nothing like going in a dark port-a-potty!
* Timing of scoring and awards ceremonies
* Insufficient sound system...not able to be heard at barns

Many of these problems are not the fault of DSDCTA, BUT please DON"T have it at that facility again!

And...Still no results posted.

Donna Stegman of Poplar Place is the type of person that she will do everything she can to make things run smoothly. I would imagine that from now until next year she will be making many improvements. It should be a good one.

Also, I do hear that the Jacksonville facility is finished (unlike when they had regionals and could be a better option than HITS again.

DownYonder
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:37 AM
Our group got dressed and went up to be ready if they placed since the showgrounds were so spread out and the results were not posted and there were no speakers back at the barn. It seemed the best way to handle the situation.

Yeah, in retrospect we should have stayed near the ring after finishing with the second PSG ride. My trainer went back to the barn though to get her first PSG horse tacked up again in case he qualified for the awards. I guess it didn't matter which horse she took into the awards, but since both horses are owned by her clients, if only one qualified, she wanted to go in on that one to get photos for the client. We just never dreamed they would hold the awards ceremony without first posting the results!

Classical DQ
Oct. 25, 2007, 09:22 AM
Has anyone found the results posted on the internet? If so, could you include the link? Thanks

CTM
Oct. 25, 2007, 10:23 AM
[QUOTE=luckles;2758728]There were too many problems to mention at HITS. A pretty, yet very badly set up show grounds.

The HITS facility was originally a race training facility adapted to a show grounds. They manage 5 weeks of very big H/J show every winter with many more horses and lots of tent stabling and everyone seems to manage OK. I think the size of the show was overwhelming to a volunteer run management and that's where problems crept in. Wellington (Stadium Jumping) is very spread out too and it works out OK. I think as dressage gets more popular and the shows get bigger and require larger showgrounds professional show management is going to be the answer. I also don't understand why they don't just hold Regionals at the Conyers facility every year; the structure is already in place to host a show of that size.

dressagedevon
Oct. 25, 2007, 10:35 AM
I don't think it's fair to hold it in one place every year, with it in different locations more people can attend. It is hard for alot of amatures to travel long distances to show, and moving regionals around helps to alleviate this problem. Also there are alot of other good show facilities to choose from, the jackasonville show grounds are nice, and I always thought canterbury was okay, plus perry Ga, pine mountain (I think thats what it's called) anyways tons of good places to choose from.

CTM
Oct. 25, 2007, 11:26 AM
Canterbury has very questionable footing and is no longer big enough to accomadate a show that big. Perry, GA cannot accomadate a show that big. You speak of fairness to the competitors as far as driving around - what about fairness to the horses of having a decent facility with good footing and stabling.

arnika
Oct. 25, 2007, 11:40 AM
CTM, You're right the showgrounds is a prior racing stable. The lack of electrical outlets isn't as much of an issue in the winter, no fans to keep running. The lack of permanent bathrooms is a problem however and I hope that HITS steps up and and adds better bathroom facilities soon. The port-a-potties are the smallest economy models they can get. They get pretty disgusting quickly. Not to mention, no handwashing areas at all.

The area is large and spread out and is hard to walk around in due to the racetrack that runs through the center. There are no straight through paths to go anywhere. At HITS in the winter, everyone either rides to and from the barns or takes golfcarts/scooters. If you need to walk it's a major pain.

hluing
Oct. 25, 2007, 03:26 PM
I agree that rotating Regionals is the way to go. It makes it much more fair for the entire region. Although the HITs show was frustrating...I think with better management it could be significantly improved. The footing was excellent, the stalls were roomy and comfortable. I was in the farthest barn away (I think) and although a pain...it was do able. I think the biggest problem was lack of organization by the staff, the awards ceramony issues and the attitude some noted by the staff. All correctable!

DownYonder
Oct. 25, 2007, 06:30 PM
I agree that Conyers is already well set up to host regionals, and it is more centrally located for the entire region. I am not sure though that GDCTA would want to host regionals on a yearly basis.

I actually like moving the regionals around. We already see Conyers plenty enough, so having regionals in other areas gives us a chance to see other venues. They do need to be up to the task though - with good stabling, good footing, good management, lighting, bathrooms, parking, food, nearby hotels, etc.

CTM
Oct. 25, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'm all for moving Regionals around as long as the facility is sufficient. I was fine with the Ocala showgrounds but I also had prior experience being there for the winter H/J series so nothing was a surprise. Just taking into consideration what people want in a showground Conyers already has it all.

Char0308
Oct. 26, 2007, 09:46 AM
I think Conyers is great but I am also really looking forward to see how Poplar Place does at handling the Championships as they already do such a fabulous job with there advanced horse trials that draw many BNT every year, so I hope they can start to do the same for dressage. It would be great to have several QUALITY and well run places in GA & FL to alternate the championships through each year.

Char0308
Oct. 26, 2007, 09:47 AM
P.S. Any news on Scores being posted soon?

TeddyRocks
Oct. 26, 2007, 02:49 PM
P.S. Any news on Scores being posted soon?

what could be taking so long?
thanks...

PMJ
Oct. 27, 2007, 03:10 PM
Part of the problem with the Florida locations have been that the Jacksonville location, while it may be finished now, was perfectly HORRIBLE when they hosted the Championships. We were in a cesspool with no electrical etc, when it was hosted there. HITS was better, but again, to spend the time, money, and all to go it is very frustrating when comparing it to the Championships hosted at Conyers.

Mariequi
Nov. 3, 2007, 10:40 AM
I spoke with the HITS fellow. Ordinarily, they bring everything down from HITS in NY in January and start the season. Thus, no sound in the barns. He promised me they would put permanent sound in all barns and add electrical outlets. I think if they put the championships over 3-4 days and used less arenas, less officials, less scorers, less volunteers are needed. Enough management level personnel to make sure there are warmup stewards, parking and greeting help, etc. Lots of improvements obviously, but I felt the facilities was okay and that the owners are willing to listen to areas for improvement.