PDA

View Full Version : Jingles please for Gwennie

deltawave
Oct. 8, 2007, 10:27 PM
Can't bear to type it again (it's over on Horse Care) but can my COTH eventing buddies please spare some jingles for my brave, beautiful Gwennie?

Thanks

Jazzy Lady
Oct. 8, 2007, 10:31 PM
*Jingles* *Jingles* and more *Jingles*

and lots of hugs for you!

zagafi
Oct. 8, 2007, 10:46 PM
Jingling like mad for Gwen! I live vicariously through the two of you so I'm jingling for all I'm worth!

oldbutnotdead
Oct. 8, 2007, 10:46 PM
Hugs and jingles for both of you.

Snapdragon
Oct. 8, 2007, 10:58 PM
Deltawave,

I don't post a whole lot but have always loved reading about you and Gwen. Having been through a few trials and tribulations with my gang, I know that they can be amazingly strong even when it seems dire. Keep the faith!Wishing you and your girl (I love those mares!) all the best!

Snap

Tuckertoo
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:02 PM
More jingles!

RunForIt
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:14 PM
Jingles, best thoughts, and prayers for you both, Lynn.

Lynda

AppJumpr08
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:17 PM
I posted on your other thread as well.. but double the posts must mean double the jingles, right??

JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE from the whole gang in New Hampshire... and big hugs to you!!!

west5
jingles for Gwen ...

CookiePony
Jingles from me.. and Banks too! Here's hoping your girl responds right away to the meds.

Carol Ames
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:29 PM
Jingles, prayers and loving thoughts:yes:

slp2
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:35 PM
MAJOR JINGLES comin' your way! From my opinionated mare to yours! I haven't looked at the thread on Horse Care (I'm afraid to) but I hope things turn around quickly! :(

Spark
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:41 PM
jingles from me and the CTBM

eventer4ever
Oct. 8, 2007, 11:48 PM
Jingles from me, my horse, and my mule.

McVillesMom
Oct. 9, 2007, 12:03 AM
I posted on your other thread too...but more well wishes can't hurt!

Peggy
Oct. 9, 2007, 12:06 AM
Sending lots of jingles and good wishes from the left coast.

mademoiselle
Oct. 9, 2007, 05:29 AM
Jingles, jingles, jingles ...

I'm really sorry to hear that.

Keep us posted ...:(

Fallbrook
Oct. 9, 2007, 07:53 AM
jingles!

pegasusmom
Oct. 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
More jingles from the Sandhills!!

elizabeth Callahan
Oct. 9, 2007, 08:02 AM
DW,
Thinking of you and jingling for both you and Gwennie

BigRuss1996
Oct. 9, 2007, 08:21 AM
more jingles for "Gwen"

Lori T
Oct. 9, 2007, 08:23 AM
Sending lots of jingles from Florida.

gully's pilot
Oct. 9, 2007, 08:35 AM
Jingles from Tennessee...

frugalannie
Oct. 9, 2007, 08:52 AM
Jingling for Gwennie, hugs for you.

pwynnnorman
Oct. 9, 2007, 08:56 AM
Endless jingles for Gwennie!

Auburn
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:07 AM
Jingles from Tess and me. Auburn

KBG Eventer
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:08 AM
More jingles from TN!

scubed
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:14 AM
lots of jingles for your special mare.

TheOtherHorse
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
lots of jingles for Gwen!

RiverBendPol
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:32 AM
Awwwwwwwww, DW, I am SO sorry to hear you 2 girls are suffering. I haven't seen your other thread but whatever it is, I hope it goes by fast and your girl is in the pink again soon.

BigMick
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:46 AM
Jingles from me and Mick!!

talkofthetown
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:49 AM
A million jingles from everybody here :sadsmile:

Debbie
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:51 AM
Jingles for Gwen and you, too, Deltawave.

bambam
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:52 AM
Jingling hard for Gwen
It is crystal clear from your posts how special she is.

Hilary
Oct. 9, 2007, 09:54 AM
C'mon Gwen, hang in there (you too Lynn).

Jingles from the old retired group in NH

asterix
Oct. 9, 2007, 10:49 AM
more jingles from your fan club. Times like this make me wish we weren't a virtual community -- we'd all be in your barn giving you a hug.

fooler
Oct. 9, 2007, 11:16 AM
Jingles for Gwen & loads of hugs for DW

Fred
Oct. 9, 2007, 11:24 AM
Lynn, sending you and your beautiful Gwen jingles, prayers, and all my most healing thoughts.
I know how much you love her, and how very, very special she is to you.
She is very special to us all too.

Hang on beautiful, brave girl. we love you.

xo Gail

Reds-n-Greys
Oct. 9, 2007, 11:27 AM
More jingles form PA for Gwennie and you DW

Hony
Oct. 9, 2007, 11:42 AM
Jingling

frugalannie
Oct. 9, 2007, 11:56 AM
Lynn, saw the picture of you and Gwen on the other thread. The two of you are the epitome of what eventers aspire to: happy rider, happy horse. It's just beautiful.

I was glad to read that she's no worse this morning, and that she wants her food.

Many more jingles!

cyriz's mom
Oct. 9, 2007, 12:05 PM
Jingles for a fast and complete recovery!

BarnBrat
Oct. 9, 2007, 12:45 PM
Jingling like crazy for you and Gwen! I've looked at your pictures of you and her many times and she is such a wonderful girl!

Hannahsmom
Oct. 9, 2007, 01:06 PM
FWIW, there sounds like there have been good outcomes from EPM if that's what it is so keep the faith!

bornfreenowexpensive
Oct. 9, 2007, 02:39 PM
Sending tons of jingles....and crossing what ever can be crossed!

Whisper
Oct. 9, 2007, 02:55 PM
Oh, my! I hope she has a speedy, complete recovery!

barbaraG
Oct. 9, 2007, 04:49 PM
Here come lots of Jingles and Hugs from the Area I Great Warrior Volunteer! :yes: Hope our girl is better soon!! :yes:

BarbaraG
GWV/ norfolk

LLDM
Oct. 9, 2007, 06:03 PM
Adding jingles from Virginia! Hoping it is much better than it looks. Sometimes we get luck like that. :yes: In any case, I am sure she is comforted that you are with her and knows how hard you are fighting for her.

SCFarm

fanfayre
Oct. 9, 2007, 06:35 PM
Oh, dear DW;
So sorry to hear this, and wishing the quickest of recoveries for our dear Gwennie
From the three of us: me, the real Fanfayre, and her little Fredlet

izzy
Oct. 9, 2007, 10:07 PM
Jingles from SW Colorado, I'm much more of a lurker than a poster but wanted to let you know I'm watching and hoping as well.

MissFit
Oct. 9, 2007, 10:51 PM
More Jingles! Thinking of you.

Bensmom
Oct. 10, 2007, 11:51 AM
Hugs, Lynn. I know how scary that must be -- will be jingling down her for Miss Gwen!

libby

Fred
Oct. 10, 2007, 02:38 PM
just checking in, still jingling for our Gwennie.

FlightCheck
Oct. 10, 2007, 04:19 PM
good thoughts and prayers for you and Ms Gwen

3horsemom
Oct. 10, 2007, 10:55 PM
y'all will be in my prayers. i do not post ofter but check the bb everyday for updates.

shea'smom
Oct. 11, 2007, 08:13 AM
I couldn't find the other thread? How is Gwennie?

Bearx2
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:11 AM
jingles from va.

Fred
Oct. 11, 2007, 12:54 PM
continuing to jingle for our Gwen.

vineyridge
Oct. 12, 2007, 12:26 PM
Lots of jingles for Gwennie and hugs for DW.

Could be West Nile. Human friend of mine suddenly came down with acute flaccid paralysis from West Nile and has very much the same symptoms as polio. Paralyzed from the waist down and one very weak arm. She was my trainer and an eventer.

West Nile is such a terror here because neither North American horses nor humans have a history of immunity.

The test for West Nile is an iG something, but it only shows antibodies, not necessarily an active infection.

deltawave
Oct. 12, 2007, 02:21 PM
Thanks, updating here today instead of on the HC thread. :uhoh:

The same today. My fertile imagination wants to imagine her better because she was ALL the way on the other side of the 1/2 acre paddock today and came motoring in for breakfast, but that was a straight line...she still can't turn for beans. :(

She and the whole herd are vaccinated for WNV but of course that isn't 100%. The mosquitos have surely been awful lately, but my vet doesn't think there have been any local cases lately. I think you mean IgG titers, viney...those indicate antibodies/exposure/vaccination whereas IgM indicates active infection. :)

Seven
Oct. 12, 2007, 04:14 PM
More Jingles for Gwen and Lynn from NY!

Sorry to read she's still struggling. Are you suspecting WNV more than EPM now?

deltawave
Oct. 12, 2007, 04:23 PM
No, still fairly textbook for EPM and no fever or encephalitis-type signs or symptoms. Just trying to keep the differential open. :)

Gunnar
Oct. 12, 2007, 05:30 PM
Still jingling for the mighty Gwen! I can only hope that she gets better! Please keep us posted as to her every move as we are truly interested and we really do care!

Hugs to you!:sadsmile:

vineyridge
Oct. 12, 2007, 06:54 PM
This is from the American Academy of Family Physicians site:

Patients with West Nile poliomyelitis­like syndrome have acute onset of asymmetric weakness and diminished or absent deep tendon reflexes in the absence of pain or other sensory symptoms. Electrodiagnostic studies generally show lower motor neuron involvement with preserved sensory potentials.23,24 In patients presenting with flaccid paralysis, appropriate diagnostic tests, including cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) examination and electrodiagnostic studies, should be performed before treatments are considered for other conditions, such as Guillain-Barré syndrome, stroke, or myopathy. The poliomyelitis-like syndrome may be present in the absence of fever, meningismus, or other symptoms that raise suspicion for West Nile virus infection.25

So if the Marquis doesn't help, WNV is still a possibility--horses and humans seem to react the same way.

Pub Med abstract--

1: Equine Vet J. (javascript:AL_get(this, 'jour', 'Equine Vet J.');) 2000 Jan;32(1):31-5.Related Articles (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=pubmed&DbFrom=PubMed&Cmd=Link&LinkName=pubmed_pubmed&LinkReadableName=Related%20Articles&IdsFromResult=10661382&ordinalpos=1&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVCitation), Links (javascript:PopUpMenu2_Set(Menu10661382);)
Clinical and neuropathological features of West Nile virus equine encephalomyelitis in Italy.

Cantile C (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Cantile%20C%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVCitation), Di Guardo G (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Di%20Guardo%20G%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVCitation), Eleni C (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Eleni%20C%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVCitation), Arispici M (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entrez?Db=PubMed&Cmd=Search&Term=%22Arispici%20M%22%5BAuthor%5D&itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsP anel.Pubmed_RVCitation).

Dipartimento di Patologia Animale, Facoltà di Medicina Veterinaria, Università degli Studi di Pisa, Italy.

West Nile (WN) virus infection is a mosquito-borne flavivirosis endemic in Africa and Asia. Clinical disease is usually rare and mild and only in a few cases the infection causes encephalomyelitis in horses, fever and meningoencephalitis in man. We report here the clinical and pathological findings in an epidemic of the disease involving 14 horses from Tuscany, Italy. All cases were observed from August to October 1998. Affected horses showed ataxia, weakness paresis of the hindlimbs and, in 6 cases, there was paraparesis progressing to tetraplegia and recumbency within 2 to 9 days. Eight animals recovered without any important consequences. Serological investigations revealed positivity to WN virus in all the 14 horses and the agent was isolated from the cerebellum and spinal cord of an affected horse. Postmortem examination was carried out on 6 horses. The neuropathological pattern was that of a mild to moderate, nonsuppurative polioencephalomyelitis with constant involvement of the ventral horns of the thoracic and lumbar spinal cord, where focal gliosis and haemorrhage were also apparent in some cases. Differential diagnoses with other equine viral encephalomyelitides are discussed. Climatological and environmental characteristics of the geographic area in which the outbreaks occurred suggest the existence of suitable conditions for the development of the disease. This is the first report of WN virus equine encephalomyelitis in Italy.