Oct. 3, 2007, 11:06 AM
Do you, by chance, mean Loch Moy? :)

Invested1
Oct. 3, 2007, 11:06 AM
Do you, by chance, mean Loch Moy? :)

hahahahaa--yes!! didn't sleep well last night. :rolleyes: :lol:

mythical84
Oct. 3, 2007, 11:28 AM
I'll be there on Saturday doing my 2nd Training with the Harrymonster. :)

PiedPiper
Oct. 3, 2007, 12:07 PM
I will be there! Hoping for some darn rain!

Invested1
Oct. 3, 2007, 02:53 PM
I will be there! Hoping for some darn rain!

Training?

Tazzie
Oct. 3, 2007, 03:36 PM
I'll be there as a spectator/groom/cheerleader. There is a bunch of people from my barn competing there. I'll be trying to take some photos for them too.

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 3, 2007, 03:51 PM
Good luck, Invested and PP! :D

I wish I could come and spectate, but I'll be coaching two students at DVPC's HT at Foxcroft (one for her *very first outing*! :))

Are you all doing the Short Course Event the following weekend? (I will be at that one..)

Ishi
Oct. 3, 2007, 04:52 PM
I'll be there Saturday watching some friends who are coming out from Wyoming.

I'm wait listed as of right now for Prelim. I really, really, really hope I get in, it'll be my last Prelim before the CCI* I've only done 5 Prelims, so I thought it would be good to get one last one in before the big event :D

PP are you going Training on Hero? I got to see part of your XC at Middleburg, you guys looked great!

drjuliea
Oct. 3, 2007, 05:20 PM
I'm waitlisted, too-this is supposed to be our move up to Novice, so I really hope we get in!

S4zeus
Oct. 3, 2007, 09:10 PM
I will be there doing Training. Now that I got all the craziness out of the way.

yellowbritches
Oct. 3, 2007, 09:35 PM
Well, I thought we'd be there. After dressage and show jumping at Middleburg, the boss has decided to put the rest of the season (what little is left) on hold and to go through with his back surgery sooner than orginally planned. The kiwi will be resting, as well, as we want a niggly little injury to heal up really well before heading south. We've also pulled his shoes to give his feet a chance to get over the NZ to VA crudfest they are going through right now. A BIG bummer, but really the very best for both horse and rider right now. The boss rides his horse well, but he knows he's not riding as well as he should be, and it is all because of pain. :no:

The big fancy grey horse is on the wait list at training, and I am on call to ride as reserve in case his dad's kid's baseball team makes the playoffs. SO, I might actually get to do a horse trial yet. So, our being there is a big ol mystery right now.

I am seriously ready for this season to be over and done with :o

Sonic Boom
Oct. 3, 2007, 10:35 PM
I'll be there with our crew, helping, cheerleading, etc. Looking forward to it.

PiedPiper
Oct. 4, 2007, 06:34 AM
Nope, going Novice but will be doing it at Training speed. Since Katie heard that it might be reworked I wasn't feeling confident about moving up there so throwing in one more Novice.

I did send in my paperwork for VA HT and moving up there. I need to up Hero's fitness so he can handle those hills but I think we will be okay. I am also set for Training at Rubicon as well so will hopefully end on a good note. :D

Ishi- Thanks for the compliment! We have finally really started clicking a few weeks ago and that has made life SO much easier! Knock on wood, I am hoping he will be able to come back to Prelim and I can do my first * on him.

Hubby is excited to see a couple new venues this year. I think the same old is getting a little old for him.

I will be jump judging at Morven so will see your boy going around Advanced! :D

FrittSkritt
Oct. 4, 2007, 10:34 AM
Nope, I'll be riding (well, hopefully -- my friend is trailering me but the timing might be sticky) at DVPC that day.

mythical84
Oct. 4, 2007, 11:05 AM
They've posted an entry status list on their website.

drjuliea ... it looks like you got in. :)

Invested1
Oct. 4, 2007, 11:27 AM
I will be there doing Training. Now that I got all the craziness out of the way.

Yay! What division did they put you in?

drjuliea
Oct. 4, 2007, 12:54 PM
Thanks, mythical! I'm in! Woohoo!!!!

colliemom
Oct. 4, 2007, 02:04 PM
Anyone know the difference in the Entry Stats between "Awaiting Funds" and "Waitlist"? Are the Awaiting Funds people accepted but just haven't paid? Or are they waitlisted, too??

Mr. Colliemom is hoping to get in!

OneDaySoon
Oct. 4, 2007, 02:15 PM
Woo Hoo, I am in TR too! Can't wait to see if they re-worked the course...anyone know?

mythical84
Oct. 4, 2007, 02:24 PM
OneDaySoon ... why do I find it not fair that we're in the same division?? Fritz is just going to embarrass Harry in the dressage arena. :-/

OneDaySoon
Oct. 4, 2007, 02:59 PM
OneDaySoon ... why do I find it not fair that we're in the same division?? Fritz is just going to embarrass Harry in the dressage arena. :-/

....I keep telling you that we need to do this as a Hunter Pair - wouldn't that be a Fun First (sighting) in a HT? Then maybe Fritz can pick up some speed on XC and SJ chasing Harry, and Harry can slooooowww down for the dressage portion and show off his lovely gaits.

I can't wait to get out there - I am completely in withdrawal after the AECs.

mythical84
Oct. 4, 2007, 03:12 PM
As cute as that might be, during my last XC school the other rider and I tried to calmly trot across a field together and that resulted in Harry leaping in the air and trying to kick the other horse. Fritz would probably want to run the other way instead of after Harry!

Mustang51
Oct. 4, 2007, 03:34 PM
Hey Mythical, don't worry. OneDaySoon is trying to convince me that Taylor will get a better dressage score than Fritz the following weekend at NJ! yeah right... Maybe if we were actually able to canter a 10 m circle...

WNT
Oct. 4, 2007, 03:46 PM
Hope you get in Ishi! Who is coming out from Wyoming? I'm always interested if it's someone I know from Area IX coming out this way.

I might try to get out and see a couple friends who are running Intermediate.

GotSpots
Oct. 4, 2007, 04:19 PM
Never fear, the new-man and I will be anchoring the bottom of the scoreboard post-dressage, so all y'all in the training rider section can just feel better knowing that someone else has already claimed Anchorman. Lovely horse, doesn't bend, and the abscess on his back doesn't help matters much.

Dr. J-A, congrats! Hope to see you there - we'll cheer you on!

Invested1
Oct. 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
so all y'all in the training rider section can just feel better knowing that someone else has already claimed Anchorman.

You're lucky you're in TR and not AOT because Tedi and I call Anchorman for AOT! :lol:

OneDaySoon
Oct. 4, 2007, 04:26 PM
Hey Mythical, don't worry. OneDaySoon is trying to convince me that Taylor will get a better dressage score than Fritz the following weekend at NJ! yeah right... Maybe if we were actually able to canter a 10 m circle...

Mustang and Mythical - you guys are great, the way this is going I am going to have to 'retire' Fritz to Dressage at Devon ;):. ....He can gallop:lol::lol::lol:, run, jump :eek::eek: and play....kind of :no:.

Taylor, Harry, and Fritz are a lovely matched trio.

mythical84
Oct. 4, 2007, 08:35 PM
Never fear, the new-man and I will be anchoring the bottom of the scoreboard post-dressage, so all y'all in the training rider section can just feel better knowing that someone else has already claimed Anchorman.

Oooo ... I love that ... "ANCHORMAN." Makes me feel better for all the times the Harrymonster has been last (or close to last) after dressage. Thank you GotSpots.

NeverTime
Oct. 4, 2007, 09:51 PM
Christian Eagles and John Thurman are coming out from Wyoming, en route to Christian taking a crack at Fair Hill.

S4zeus
Oct. 5, 2007, 09:59 PM
You're lucky you're in TR and not AOT because Tedi and I call Anchorman for AOT! :lol:.

Zeus and I call Anchorman for OT. But maybe with the trainer schooling him the week prior we have a small chance of being mid pack. If I can keep my head together.

Invested1
Oct. 5, 2007, 10:04 PM

Zeus and I call Anchorman for OT. But maybe with the trainer schooling him the week prior we have a small chance of being mid pack. If I can keep my head together.

I think that if you and your horse have WON a training division by ending on your dressage score, you are automatically ineligible for anchorman. :winkgrin: :lol:

S4zeus
Oct. 6, 2007, 12:09 AM
That was totally a fluke. Yes, we finish on our dressage score most of the time, but we are normally moving up from the end of the pack the finish 9th more often than not, just out of the ribbons of course!

Invested1
Oct. 8, 2007, 09:53 AM
That was totally a fluke. Yes, we finish on our dressage score most of the time, but we are normally moving up from the end of the pack the finish 9th more often than not, just out of the ribbons of course!

Hummm, I'm still thinking no. :lol:

VAevent
Oct. 8, 2007, 10:16 AM
Last week, the long range predictions called for rain on Tuesday/Wednesday...now they seem to be backing off....does anyone know how bad the conditions are? Probably no worse than they are in Leesburg...but that's bad enough!

Invested1
Oct. 10, 2007, 10:11 AM
Ok, I'm excited.
Ready for times too! Hope it's not too, too early--I am SO not a morning girl. :D

curlykarot
Oct. 10, 2007, 10:43 AM
Last week, the long range predictions called for rain on Tuesday/Wednesday...now they seem to be backing off....does anyone know how bad the conditions are? Probably no worse than they are in Leesburg...but that's bad enough!

It rained here in Adamstown last night - only about 20-30 min and it all probably washed right off and didn't sink in..... but its something, right?

S4zeus
Oct. 10, 2007, 08:12 PM
I am desperate! I was in a car accident on Sunday morning. I am not sure how i am going to get my horse to the event. I am almost sure that my truck is totaled. I have a rental truck, but no towing package. I am scrambling for ideas. Anyone with a free spot in their trailer? Zeus is easy, just big. Anyone in or around The Plains/Middleburg that will come get Zeus?!?! I am showing in Open Training, no times yet, but that gives some ideas. Please!!! Options appreciated!

mythical84
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:01 AM
Times are up!

I'm in TR-A and have late afternoon times.

FrittSkritt
Oct. 11, 2007, 10:10 AM
S4Zeus - if worse comes to worse, Uhaul has v8 F150s that tow pretty well... but I'd only use that as a last possible resort. (Second to last being actually walking him up to Adamstown. ;))

Lori B
Oct. 11, 2007, 10:32 AM
Hey guys, Teddy is going Open Intermediate, and here are his times:

Sat 08:49 amSat 10:30 amSat 10:44 am

Coming to see him entails driving 50 miles at 7 in the morning and begging off of my cabinet painting slavery for a few hours. Totally worth it to see The Pony rock the Intermediate course. :D:D:D

Invested1
Oct. 11, 2007, 10:35 AM
Ok, I'm excited.
Ready for times too! Hope it's not too, too early--I am SO not a morning girl. :D

Oh, I LOFF my times!! Yah, no early morning for me!!

toeknee
Oct. 11, 2007, 10:45 AM
I'm in TR-A with later times. Not sure if I am gonna jump yet though, I guess I will see what the ground is like on Friday. I am praying/rain dancing/wishing for freak storms and rain to soak the ground!!!!!! HAHA YEAH RIGHT!

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 11, 2007, 06:58 PM
Looks like GRC will be doing stadium and XC photos last minute. I'll be there on Saturday.

Ishi
Oct. 11, 2007, 07:12 PM
I did get in! I'm going to have to miss the one star at Midsouth on the other horse I was riding though, total bummer. At least I won't be so sad about Midsouth until after Sunday, I have to concentrate on staying on my bad boy red head at Maryland :D

S4zues, I haven't looked, but is training going on Sunday? If so, and you want to go early, I'm in Upperville and have room on the trailer I think (depends on who I need to ship home but at least it's a start!) I'm going prelim on Sunday and would love to help out if I can. Let me know.

S4zeus
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:02 PM
I did get in! I'm going to have to miss the one star at Midsouth on the other horse I was riding though, total bummer. At least I won't be so sad about Midsouth until after Sunday, I have to concentrate on staying on my bad boy red head at Maryland :D

S4zues, I haven't looked, but is training going on Sunday? If so, and you want to go early, I'm in Upperville and have room on the trailer I think (depends on who I need to ship home but at least it's a start!) I'm going prelim on Sunday and would love to help out if I can. Let me know.

Thanks Ishi but Training is on Saturday. I think I have found a solid for sure ride for Zeus. Now of all things, this has become the week from hell and someone stole my cell phone. I had set it down to pay for something and either walked out without it, or forgot I set it down. When I went back to find it, it is gone and I called it tons of times from a friends phone, got someone to answer once, I heard voices in the background but no one would actually talk, then no one would answer again. I called cingular right away and had the phone shut off. This week is going down hill fast.

octavian_jazz
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:31 PM
I'll be riding prelim on Sunday, but we're going up tomorrow night so that we can watch Teddy Saturday morning! I'm really looking forward to it!

Ishi
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:34 PM
S4zues, That stinks about your phone!!! I am so glad you got a ride Saturday though. I have to work Saturday morning, but I'm going to try to get up there and watch friends if I get home early enough. Good luck at Maryland, I hope you have fun!

yventer
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:46 PM
I am desperate! I was in a car accident on Sunday morning. I am not sure how i am going to get my horse to the event. I am almost sure that my truck is totaled. I have a rental truck, but no towing package. I am scrambling for ideas. Anyone with a free spot in their trailer? Zeus is easy, just big. Anyone in or around The Plains/Middleburg that will come get Zeus?!?! I am showing in Open Training, no times yet, but that gives some ideas. Please!!! Options appreciated!

Contact the (horribly overworked, sleep-deprived, probably grumpy) show secretary and ask her if whe knows of anyone near you competing that day. And be prepared to reward her with whatever goodies she might desire, like chocolate, home-grown produce, or booze (don't know if she drinks - would be amazed if she didn't start ;->!), or *whatever*, if and when you arrive on the show grounds!!

Yvonne

yventer
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
Hey guys, Teddy is going Open Intermediate, and here are his times:

Sat 08:49 amSat 10:30 amSat 10:44 am

Coming to see him entails driving 50 miles at 7 in the morning and begging off of my cabinet painting slavery for a few hours. Totally worth it to see The Pony rock the Intermediate course. :D:D:D

Off I go to see if he's in *my* division. Jeez.

-----------------------------------------

OK, thank you, no!! Not that I don't have enough other stars to compete against!

Y

S4zeus
Oct. 11, 2007, 09:51 PM
Contact the (horribly overworked, sleep-deprived, probably grumpy) show secretary and ask her if whe knows of anyone near you competing that day. And be prepared to reward her with whatever goodies she might desire, like chocolate, home-grown produce, or booze (don't know if she drinks - would be amazed if she didn't start ;->!), or *whatever*, if and when you arrive on the show grounds!!

Yvonne

I would try this, but I already don't think she likes me very much after changing my entry multiple times. I most definately made her grumpy. Not intentionally but I am sure I did.

yventer
Oct. 11, 2007, 11:13 PM
Well, if you're already on her sh*t list, why not go for broke?!? I'm sure she's already heard it all before, and that you're not the *worst* she's ever had to deal with!

(I'm assembling my own "sorry" basket right now, just in case she blames me for encouraging you ;->)

Y

PiedPiper
Oct. 12, 2007, 06:32 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Got to say I agree with that!

Not sure how your saga is turning out but I did talk to my BO in Purcellville and if you need a stall for the night she said you are welcome to one of her's. She doesn't normally allow that but I explained about the awful predicament you are in.

I feel your pain. I was rear ended on my way into work a few weeks back on 66 at Gainesville. Just got the car back from the body shop. I am SO happy they didn't total it and I can still ilk out a few more miles. :)

Definitely feel your pain and PM me if you need any help.

mythical84
Oct. 12, 2007, 07:50 AM
After last night's dressage lesson, I'm not sure I'll be going. The Harrymonster's neck has turned into a 2x4 and while we suspect it's his teeth, there's not much I can do about it because the earliest appointment I could get with the vet/dentist is this coming Wednesday. What's killing me is that he's starting to develop that horrible underneck from all the bracing these past few weeks. My beautifully developed horse is looking more like a welsh cob these days rather than an elegant event horse. :(

Does anyone know what the footing is like up there?? If it's concrete I'm tempted to just save my horse's legs for another day. No point in stressing his neck in dressage and then his feet while jumping. If it isn't I guess I could claim that Anchorman position in TR-A, and just go to jump. Ugh ... I hate making these decisions.

Tazzie
Oct. 12, 2007, 10:11 AM
I have signed up to jump judge on saturday, so if anybody gets a chance then stop and say hello. I'm short with shoulder length brown hair probably pulled into a ponytail, and depending on the weather I may have Evan with me - my brown and white long coat chihuahua to keep me company! :-)

Good luck to everybody showing!

Invested1
Oct. 12, 2007, 12:43 PM
If it isn't I guess I could claim that Anchorman position in TR-A, and just go to jump.

Nice try but I already called it!!! :winkgrin:

mythical84
Oct. 12, 2007, 01:08 PM
Well I'll be making my final decision tonight after I ride Harry. I talked with my trainer and we decided it's not like Harry to be SO resistant to dressage (he's a little worker-bee). Plus I still have Waredaca and Rubicon. I just get so stressed when my little Harrymonster doesn't feel well.

Invested -- While Harry has the potential to be good: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2915316990079438689mePpzp
These moments still outweight the good ones: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2355230680079438689BCHowx :)

Invested1
Oct. 12, 2007, 01:17 PM
Invested -- While Harry has the potential to be good: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2915316990079438689mePpzp
These moments still outweight the good ones: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2355230680079438689BCHowx :)

Yes, but see, you have the potential to be good!!
We are consistently....eh. :sigh:

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
Yes, but see, you have the potential to be good!!
We are consistently....eh. :sigh:

STOP! :lol:

You have had some very nice tests over the past year (if I "recollect" correctly ;)), and you placed well at your last HT...nuff said! :p

OneDaySoon
Oct. 12, 2007, 04:04 PM
Has anyone walked the course yet....how is the ground? Are they aerating...or adjusting OTime?

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 12, 2007, 04:05 PM
Oh, and I saw Zeus today (she was with the vet who stopped by my barn); apparently her truck was totalled (which is good news, since it wasn't her fault; the jerk who hit her will have to foot the bill, Bw Ha Ha ;)), and she has a ride to MD--but her cell phone is still "out there somewhere" (though turned off, so the !@#$&% who stole it can't run up her bill...)

What a week she's had! (It HAS to get better for her--and this weekend is a good time for her luck to change! :D)

mythical84
Oct. 12, 2007, 06:27 PM
Well Harry made my decision making quite easy as when I put him on the lunge to loosen him up he came up lame on his RF with what appears to be an abcess. So we're scratching. Hopefully the farrier can fix the problem on Monday.

Good luck to everyone!

Invested1
Oct. 12, 2007, 08:42 PM
STOP! :lol:

You have had some very nice tests over the past year (if I "recollect" correctly ;)), and you placed well at your last HT...nuff said! :p

Only cause it was Lucy E. :D

Invested1
Oct. 12, 2007, 08:43 PM
Well Harry made my decision making quite easy as when I put him on the lunge to loosen him up he came up lame on his RF with what appears to be an abcess. So we're scratching. Hopefully the farrier can fix the problem on Monday.

Good luck to everyone!

OH NO!!! I was looking forward to competing with you for Anchorman!! Ah well, guess I win! :lol:

Hope Harry is all better ASAP!

Sonic Boom
Oct. 13, 2007, 01:34 AM
Well, I didn't walk the course since I'm not competing (maybe next year!), but my trainer came back today and said the ground was pretty bad. He is scratching his own horse from running XC. Sounds like it's concrete, yuck.

Good luck to everyone, I'll still be hanging around watching! If you see a really short blonde in a bright green fleece following along behind a really tall guy with a REALLY tall horse, that's probably me. ;) Come say hi!

S4zeus
Oct. 13, 2007, 10:04 PM
I don't know about everyone else, but I had a blast.

The dressage warmup ring was a bit chaotic, I heard that the ring steward actually got trampled and had to be taken to the hospital. That being said, the rings ran somewhat smoothly and I had a fairly decent test. I was happy with the score-34.7 but being in an open division, that left me in 10th place.

Stadium- yet again another person had to meet the EMT's and was taken to the hospital. A lot of horses were taking offense to the Liverpool vertical. After a lengthy pause to help a woman who took a nasty spill, they were running a bit behind timewise and were trying to catch up, I guess to avoid dusk. I let the rushing get to me a bit, Zeus and I went in and got a nice gallop, but I never really set him up to any of the fences. We had 2 rails. But I blame them on my lack of riding.

XC was the best part. MDHT did a fabulous job with awful footing. They had laid down dirt and straw and did a great job making the footing better. Zeus was forward right out of the box and I figured rather than fight him, I would let him go and see what kind of pace he wanted to maintain on his own. We jumped nearly everything right out of stride, he was really hoof'n it. The ditch and wall that I was PETRIFIED of while walking, he never even blinked at. Just up and over right out of the same stride as the rest of the course. We came in 54 seconds under optimum. We were flying. But I never once legged him on, he just held the momemtum and kept on rockin'.

So where are everyone else's stories?!?

Dr. Doolittle
Oct. 13, 2007, 10:18 PM
Wow, Zeus, sounds like a *wonderful* day for you and the big guy! :D (And it's about time you had a bit of luck, the 2 rails notwithstanding ;))

Great job, and congrats!

(I hope the "injured parties" weren't too badly injured! Yikes!)

From your report, it sounds like he is *definitely* ready for Prelim :winkgrin:

So good to hear that they did so much with the footing--I hope they do something to prep the other course for the Short Course Event next weekend, though of course that's not nearly as stressful on the horses ;)

heather33
Oct. 13, 2007, 11:21 PM
A woman from my barn got bucked off her horse and the horse took off and hit the steward. Apparently the steward broke her hip. We hope she turns out ok! -Heather

Fred
Oct. 14, 2007, 08:05 AM
Never fear, the new-man and I will be anchoring the bottom of the scoreboard post-dressage, so all y'all in the training rider section can just feel better knowing that someone else has already claimed Anchorman. Lovely horse, doesn't bend, and the abscess on his back doesn't help matters much.

Dr. J-A, congrats! Hope to see you there - we'll cheer you on!

Looks like you lost your Anchorman positition this time GotSpots!
Congratulations!!!

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 14, 2007, 08:07 AM
A woman from my barn got bucked off her horse and the horse took off and hit the steward. Apparently the steward broke her hip. We hope she turns out ok! -Heather

Whoa, talk about a freak accident. I saw the ambulance and saw her getting taken away.

pwynnnorman
Oct. 14, 2007, 09:42 AM
Please take the following inquiry as no more than the curiousity of a sports fan, OK? I'm not looking to pry, just following a leading sports figure's activities.

A while back, I thought I recall Phillip Dutton saying he had decided to cut back on the number of horses he would be competing. I thought I read that he had started finding it more and more unreasonable to do his best with each ride while coping with so many rides. But it looks like his plans have changed, perhaps? I noticed a fair number of riders with six to eight entries this time around, one of which was PD--and I was also surprised to see the number of young horses he was taking on. Then again, this was an event very close to the home base of a lot of riders doing multiple rides. Maybe this was an opportunity to find out a little about some of the babies under their tutelage?

That got me recalling how I think it was Bruce D. who used to leave the babies to the working students until they were ready for Prelim or something like that. Maybe I should start a new thread on this. I'm very curious about the work loads of some of the top riders and how they find ways to get to really know their rides when they have so many. I'd love to hear about those details (having had intriguing converstations with a couple of hunter "catch riders" and heard how they get to know strange horses--for an eventer, it's probably not "strange" horses, but probably "how they get to know so many"--sufficiently, that is).

OneDaySoon
Oct. 14, 2007, 09:43 AM
Zeus - I think you rode just before me...saw you in SJ warm-up....you guys looked great!

Not only was there the unfortunate volunteer injury, but someone fell close to the end of XC and the horse had a pretty wild gallop across the grounds but thank goodness was not seriously injured. He galloped through (ie. not over) the retaining ropes taking them with him...then through the dressage chain link fence...taking them with him. Dropped everything, and we almost cornered him, and then he got triple twisted into rope and chain, along with a brave volunteer catcher...who acted quickly and let him go...or she was going to get dragged into the whole mess. He snapped off 3 T-posts, broke rope, before we finally caught him...and then the steward asked if the rider had sufficient time to finish the course!!!!! I figured it felt like an hour had gone by then :). Saw horse and rider later and everything seemed perfectly fine - I was still having heart palpatations and was so glad the rider didn't see all that transpired with her horse.

Anyway all the volunteers acround XC were so great and it was a gorgeous day. I met Cam'sMom at the water jump.

I had a crappy dressage test garnering my first "4" but the judge was very fair and accurate. Ring 2 had quite a slope in it and was pretty slippery and hard to navigate the extended trot circles etc. Onto XC and it was the same course as last July, so a little disappointing not to jump something new. They had done an awesome job preparing the take-offs and landings though. SJ took a toll but was an interesting ride, where we pulled our standard rail.

Anyway, to the scoreboard, and low and behold my 'crappy' dressage test had us in first place. The rail dropped us to second. The woman who won, was on a her new horse and it was their first outing - what a wonderful thing to win an event on a horse you just bought! She was so thrilled.

I hope everyone enjoys Sunday's competition - the Prelim and Novice courses looked great and really doable. Good luck to all!

Invested1
Oct. 14, 2007, 10:28 AM
I know it could be worse, but we really aren't doing well this year at all! :no:

Tedi was being a pill on Friday, which is fine, he generally has a 'tude about once a month, but his attitude continued into our dressage warmup on Saturday. I knew it was going to be bad. The judge let me decide if I wanted to wait for a bit (as the ambulance was there for the steward) but I didn't think it was going to make a difference (I was also in ring 2).

I absolutely could have murdered Tedi, he was being SUCH AN A$$!! Every time I turned away from the judge, I was calling him names (yes, I'm sure that didn't help). He wanted to canter EVERYWHERE. I literally halted him during our canter circle (I thought that wouldn't hurt my score any more than his sideways canter--no kidding!!) and at that point, I was so angry, I just didn't care.

For the first time in 2.5 years of eventing, I actually apologized to the judge after my test. There were times I honestly expected to hear the whistle and for her to tell me we were done.

After my test, a friend (who has seen Ted in much better states) offered me a nickel for him and I told him I would get him change. :D

Had to get away from the pony for awhile, so I went and walked my xc course again. Looked fun! They had a good bunch of combinations and with Ted's size and......lack of grace, some of those turns looked pretty tough for us. And, like Zeus, I was worried about the ditch/brush combo, and the corner jump (which was an option but I decided to take it--what the hell...)

Warmup for stadium was YUCK! Ted was grabbing the bit and racing the fences. My blood pressure was raising and I was very, very close to just calling it a day.
My friends who were with me (bless their hearts!) convinced me to just start stadium and if it was awful, withdraw and if not, just go for it.

And ah, the legendary liverpool---the only jump Ted has ever dropped me at. Great. And it didn't help that like Zeus, I was there for the girl taken in the ambulance and another girl who got dumped at the liverpool.

I started out and Ted actually felt like his normal self. Of course, the liverpool was jump 8, and I couldn't think of anything else other than that until I got there. I remember thinking, "sit up, leg on, sit up, leg on" and I said, "GET UP TED!" and OMG, HE DID!!!! :eek: I remember thinking it, but apparently said it out loud, but we landed and I said, "YAY!!!" Well, I had been so preoccupied with the liverpool that I forgot to keep riding. Next was a triple--we got the one stride and I absolutely was no longer riding, so Ted ran out on the 2 stride. We took a big circle (didn't care about time at that point) and reattacked and all was fine.

After stadium, I was still a little pissy (at myself this time) that I hadn't been more in the game. :sigh:

Ah well, xc, that's always fun. I figured that I was likely still in the bottom of the pack so I didn't care about time (though apparently we came in under optimum), I just wanted to have an enjoyable part of the day.

Ted clocked around that course and we had a BLAST!! He wiggled at a couple things but after a little encouragement, went each time. That includes the corner (yay!), the trakhener, and the brush wall! yay! And, after pair of jumps that had a fairly sharp turn that Ted took WONDERFULLY, I apparently, again in my outside voice, said, "GOOD TURN!!!" heh.

Anyway, we ended on a good note. Not a good day overall but we did have a couple highlights.

Hopefully Rubicon will be better......

Dressage62
Oct. 14, 2007, 10:44 AM
Kick On!
At Burghley one of the dressage rides consistently of the horse doing piaffe and passage, then a lot of rearing.....amazingly enough, he got a score, I thought he might get eliminated for continued resistance. A photo of the rearing horse appears on the Burghley website.
Zara Phillips could have won the European Championships in eventing but she crashed a fence in stadium.
It happens to everyone....like you said, you have to keep riding.
Best of luck at Rubicon!

S4zeus
Oct. 14, 2007, 11:22 AM
I know they won't be posted until mid week, but I think GRC was the photographer was anyone else there? I know hoofclix did the spring HT's?

GotSpots
Oct. 14, 2007, 11:30 AM
Thanks Fred - the new one is a lovely horse and I'm very lucky to have the ride on such a good egg. Tru is quite a different ride from Ti, but is a very genuine beast and took awful good care of me. Tiamo was wonderful for our pro and is growing up beautifully - we're really thrilled with how he's going.

It was our first time at Maryland and I thought it was a super show - so nice to park right up by the rings which made it all very easy. Courses were well built and fun to gallop (though I did keep having to make sure I was pointed at the right fence), and the ground was better than I had thought it was going to be. Any updates on the folks who were injured?

toeknee
Oct. 14, 2007, 11:46 AM
I had a pretty good day. Everytime I go to MDHT they are always improving something, pretty nice venue! It was my guy's first time out since May so I was ready for him to be wired. I also was warming up during all the injuries(never encouraging!) so it def. pushed some of the times back, especially show jumping. Decent dressage, except for a minor explosion! towards the end. I think he had seen one too many other horses galloping by on xc that he just said "I AM DONE":winkgrin:leaving us with our first 3 ever! I thought they did a great job with the footing. You could tell they had def put some major work into it, which made me happy b/c I was very worried about it. I decided to show jump, see what he felt like and then if all was well go onto xc and take one jump at a time. He was feeling pretty good with himself and drugg me around show jumping in fine form(mental note:need to play around with different bits!:)) We had a rail at the skinny but I was pretty pleased as we both get ourselves pretty worked up over sj. Cross County was great, I felt a little lost at times but the score boards says I didn't miss anything so that's good! He was happy to be out again and like sj pulled me around the whole course, clean. I think we ended up in 5th. Pretty cool considering our dressage test! We couldn't have asked for better eventing weather. Now off to Waredaca at Prelim!

Zeus and Invested- I think I was standing by you guys in SJ warmup while we were waiting for the fall? I was on the bloody bay. I didn't see Zeus go, but Invested sailed over everything with that unlucky run out at 9c:( bummer.

Fred
Oct. 14, 2007, 04:26 PM
Thanks Fred - the new one is a lovely horse and I'm very lucky to have the ride on such a good egg. Tru is quite a different ride from Ti, but is a very genuine beast and took awful good care of me. Tiamo was wonderful for our pro and is growing up beautifully - we're really thrilled with how he's going.

That's great that the new boy is working out so well. I'm also really happy to hear that you and Allison are pleased with Tiamo. Did you see Cupid go?

OneDaySoon
Oct. 14, 2007, 07:23 PM
That's great that the new boy is working out so well. I'm also really happy to hear that you and Allison are pleased with Tiamo. Did you see Cupid go?

Got Spots is being far too humble - she won our division!!! Glad we met in person Got Spots and you took home the lovely blue ribbon on your new boy!

Invested1
Oct. 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
So today I went out to the barn to say hi to Ted. The winter schedule just started today so they were all out in the field. I had walked about 1/3 of the way to the horses when I saw my boy and yelled, "TED!!" What do you know that that horse yanked his head up, nickered and came speed walking toward me (away from the entire herd)!! :eek: He NEVER does that! In fact, I started thinking he had a hearing problem (or was just a typical male :lol:) because he never pays me a lick of attention until I'm about 10 feet away from him.

So I gave him an apple and he ate it and just stood licking my hands. One of his friends even walked over and Ted pinned his ears at him (he never does that either!!)--guess he wanted his mom time. And to apologize for yesterday. :D

I told him not to worry, that I love him again today. :D

Just interesting. Makes you wonder....

OneDaySoon
Oct. 14, 2007, 07:26 PM
Got Spots is being far too humble - she won our division!!! Glad we met in person Got Spots and you took home the lovely blue ribbon on your new boy!

Got Spots - you also met Folk Lore's half-brother "Fly Me Home" - finally!

octavian_jazz
Oct. 14, 2007, 07:58 PM
I was very dissapointed to find that Teddy was not there. Does anyone know what happened? My guess is it probably had to do with the ground. We just hung around Saturday and watched. Saturday night I took my guy out and schooled and he wasn't bad. It's ashame he didn't feel the same Sunday morning. We had a horrible dressage test and were braced against each other the whole time. During shoulder in he threw a fit giving us a '3'. :o Funny how he waited until we were riding our test, why couldn't he throw a fit while warming up? Anyway, I didn't even go and look at my dressage score until we were completely done because I just wanted to focus. We were clear stadium, had a sticky moment at 9B, but recovered. He was amazing cross country, didn't have any hesitation anywhere and it felt fantastic! We ended up with 14 time penalties, but those are my fault for not cutting off time. I was so happy at the end of cross country. :D It's our first clear round at a "real" prelim (not schooling shows). My dressage score was a 50.0, so I ended up 13th at the end of the day.

Did anyone else witness Phillip Dutton going off course? With one of his intermediate rides he took the last fence first. I guess it really does happen to everyone.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2007, 07:35 AM
I know they won't be posted until mid week, but I think GRC was the photographer was anyone else there? I know hoofclix did the spring HT's?

Yes, were were there. We were spread pretty thin this weekend doing Radnor and Dominion Valley HT's, but we had three people on XC and I did stadium on Sat. Someone else did it on Sunday while I was at DV.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2007, 07:38 AM
Did anyone else witness Phillip Dutton going off course? With one of his intermediate rides he took the last fence first. I guess it really does happen to everyone.

I heard about that! Also, a guy in stadium started his course by jumping fence # 2 backwards! He immediately realized, but really, jumping an oxer on a hill backwards at training level? The stadium judge was quite worried and I heard some mumbling about dangerous riding, but I don't know what ever happened.

mythical84
Oct. 15, 2007, 07:53 AM
Were the courses really the exact same as this summer?

PiedPiper
Oct. 15, 2007, 08:27 AM
Yep the exact same. My trainer had been told that they would be changed so I held off moving up to Training so a little disappointing to realize that we could have without any real surprises. Oh well, will school everything again on Wednesday and get ready for VA.

Well MDHT was our last Novice and ended on a wondefully boring note. We would have been in 2nd place if it wasn't for my speed faults as I was suppose to be doing Novice at Training speed.

Dressage was okay, warm up was a little crapped but okay. I wasn't happy with my ride but it looked like the judge nailed us on Hero's issues more than me. Definitely improving but the horse still likes to curl some and get heavy. Oh well it is improving each week.

Stadium warmed up great though the dust was unbelievable. Stadium rode really well even though I ate it at jump 5 and jumped ahead. I went out of the ring yelling to Katie "I know I know!" :lol:

Cross country was great, had a really great forward stride and really just rocked and rolled. Poor Hero thought it was a great warm up but where are the real jumps. :lol: I still need to work on down hill jumps not softening too much so I can help him out some.

But other than that things went well, ground was better than I expected, and had a good time. It was a interesting experience walking the course Sat and Sun when people were riding. With everyone just in that one big field there was a lot of ducking and weaving and saw quite a few falls.

Saw one Training rider take the Prelim ditch and brush I think b/c of a couple that were in her way. She circled around and took the Training one. Saw a girl fall in Stadium warm up when her horse slipped and she popped off. And a few other odd isses which I am not sure if it was due to the cooler temps or what.

Anyway had a good time and can't wait for VA!:D

mythical84
Oct. 15, 2007, 08:30 AM
Hmm ... I would think that it would be simple enough to change the course around a bit. I've been to several venues on multiple occassions and never have jumped the same course twice. I wonder what the reasoning is behind this.

CapturinYerRide
Oct. 15, 2007, 08:37 AM
Hoofclix and Equivu apparently backed out last minute, so GRC to the rescue!

Mark from HoofClix here.. I can't speak for Equivu, but just so we are clear, I did not back out on this event. There was apparently a big scheduling miscommunication. I never had this October event on my schedule, understanding that it would be covered by another. I recommended GRC and Red Line because I know their work is appreciated up there. Looks like they came through.

GotSpots
Oct. 15, 2007, 12:38 PM
Goodness - ODS - you should have introduced yourself! I confess I was far too busy being giddy over what a super brain and kind soul the new fellow is, and Ti's good day to put the pieces together. D'oh. What a gorgeous boy your pony is! Super fancy, all the way around - I was ogling him all day. Congrats!

Fred - I did see Cupid go. He's got a fantastic hind end when he jumps, and an amazing amount of confidence. Just loped around the course beautifully and very much like a grownup.

Redline Guy
Oct. 15, 2007, 02:00 PM
Mark from HoofClix here.. I can't speak for Equivu, but just so we are clear, I did not back out on this event. There was apparently a big scheduling miscommunication. I never had this October event on my schedule, understanding that it would be covered by another. I recommended GRC and Red Line because I know their work is appreciated up there. Looks like they came through.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for throwing our name in there! While we were not contacted, we were already booked elsewhere. It'd be nice if people would check their facts before they spread rumor and conjecture that could potentially damage a business' reputation.

Hope all is well, in SC

Tazzie
Oct. 15, 2007, 02:39 PM
I was there all weekend.

Saturday I volunteered as cross-country warm-up Steward. It's fun volunteering at MDHT b/c almost no matter where you are stationed you can see most of the course! I personally saw Phillip Dutton jump the wrong fence and the training level rider who got thrown off over the last fence. As for Phillip - it was very odd to me b/c I sent him down to the start box, turned around and saw him jump the last fence on course, so for a second I'm very confused, then I see him turn right and jump fence 2, and of course at that point I realized that he jumped the wrong fence. It certainly reminds you that even the best are capable of making mistakes! The poor girl who was thrown off at the last fence got a short (but very sweet) lecture from TD Brian Ross. For any of that have ever met Brian - not only does he know his stuff, but he is very VERY nice and has a great sense of humour! He was very nice to the rider but took a moment to talk about pushing a horse to make the time and causing a strung out disasterous jump.

All in all saturday was very relaxing and smooth. I heard a lot of good comments about the footing. Yes it was hard, but it was also obvious that the show management had done as much as possible to soften up the ground.

Sunday my farm had 7 horses competing and I spent a lot of time running from Stadium to out near the water complex on cross-county to take photos.

Both days had decent weather, and the show seemed to run pretty smooth.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2007, 06:04 PM

My apologies, that was how it was put to me in an email.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 15, 2007, 06:05 PM
Hi Mark,

Thanks for throwing our name in there! While we were not contacted, we were already booked elsewhere. It'd be nice if people would check their facts before they spread rumor and conjecture that could potentially damage a business' reputation.

Hope all is well, in SC

I assume you're talking about me. Again, apologies, that is how it was stated to me.

CapturinYerRide
Oct. 15, 2007, 06:53 PM
No apology necessary. We just do what we can when we get the opportunity, and sometimes wires get crossed...

My apologies, that was how it was put to me in an email.

bambam
Oct. 16, 2007, 11:40 AM
Yay GotSpots!! so glad you are having fun with the new boy!

Ishi
Oct. 16, 2007, 01:04 PM
We were there Sunday in Prelim. I was in Ring 2 and the slope was pretty bad. That's about the worst of it for the HT though, I thought it was (as always) well run, and everyone is so nice there. I really like this horse trial!

The dressage ring had little to do with our disappointing score, we had a nice, consistent, mediocre test, which put us straight in the middle after dressage. Ah well, at least I wasn't bucked off :lol:

Stadium was good, clean, which was nice, we are normally good for 2 rails. My horse can be a little up and I was trying out his new Herm Springer hackamore at a HT for the first time. I kinda like it! He jumped well and I was happy.

Cross country was great, I really liked the course. I *thought* my horse would look hard at the ditch and brush, so I was a little worried about that one. So, what do I do? Of course I rode backwards and 2 strides out, I tipped forward so I could look down into the ditch. Duh! He was a good boy, ignored the monkey riding him and jumped it anyway. We had time faults, but I think that only a few made time at Prelim. I'm normally too fast, so time faults is a new change, but he was listening and I was really happy. One more Prelim to go and then the (hopefully!) but move up to Intermediate!

If anyone saw a red chestnut horse going around Sunday, with a hackamore on, and roars extremely loud, that would have been us :D

All in all the weather was perfect, the people were great, and even with the detour, it's an easy drive. We had a great time there!

PP, I was there briefly on Saturday to walk the course and I saw you on XC. You guys looked great, congrats!

drjuliea
Oct. 16, 2007, 04:19 PM
Tex was really good! He loved the XC (except for #7, surprised the heck out of him, stopped with all 4 feet at the same time at the top! the second time was the charm, popped over it like he'd done it his whole life!) and was super in Dressage. Stadium is still a work in progress; he's not at all about efficiency of jumping-everything is a puissance wall to him! We got over everything (including scary stone wall #10!), but it wasn't pretty.

Rubicon novice here we come!!!

Pross
Oct. 17, 2007, 09:33 AM
He was very nice to the rider but took a moment to talk about pushing a horse to make the time and causing a strung out disasterous jump.

Thank you very much for the compliment. I don't know if you noticed that this rider spent 45 seconds between the last two jumps trotting circles and maybe even walking a few steps, then proceeded to have the disastrous last jump. Most officials are really concerned with the riders that do this as inevitably it leads to a poor finish to what was otherwise a very smooth and fluid ride.

B.Ross

Tazzie
Oct. 17, 2007, 11:26 AM
Thank you very much for the compliment. I don't know if you noticed that this rider spent 45 seconds between the last two jumps trotting circles and maybe even walking a few steps, then proceeded to have the disastrous last jump. Most officials are really concerned with the riders that do this as inevitably it leads to a poor finish to what was otherwise a very smooth and fluid ride.

Brian - I didn't see her do the circling. So was she circling b/c she was coming in too fast for the time so the circles would suck up some of that time, and then do the last jump? If so that seems to be very unsportsmanlike, though I have heard of others doing that. In any case, I was very impressed by how you handled her. But then again, I am always impressed by you! :winkgrin: You are a fun TD to work with. You get the job done and you expect a certain level of professionalism, however you also try to make us volunteers not only confident of the job we are doing but that we also enjoy doing the job! Cheers!

Invested1
Oct. 17, 2007, 12:28 PM
Brian - I didn't see her do the circling. So was she circling b/c she was coming in too fast for the time so the circles would suck up some of that time, and then do the last jump? If so that seems to be very unsportsmanlike,

Out of curiosity, why do you find her circling "unsportsmanlike"?

Classic Melody
Oct. 17, 2007, 04:15 PM

I'm not the person who made the original comment, but I can see his/her point. It's against the rules to circle or stall between the last fence and the finish line. Since the competitor stalled before jumping the last fence, you could argue that she violated the rule in spirit if not in fact.

S4zeus
Oct. 17, 2007, 10:44 PM
I am going to be obnoxious. I really want to see pictures. I was just on GRC's website. They already have jog photos up from Fair Hill, but nothing from MDHT. I am just impatient, but I am looking forward to buying a bunch of photos. Or a disc if they are offering that.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 18, 2007, 06:48 AM
I am going to be obnoxious. I really want to see pictures. I was just on GRC's website. They already have jog photos up from Fair Hill, but nothing from MDHT. I am just impatient, but I am looking forward to buying a bunch of photos. Or a disc if they are offering that.

Be patient. We were doing three shows this weekend.

Invested1
Oct. 18, 2007, 08:09 AM
I'm not the person who made the original comment, but I can see his/her point. It's against the rules to circle or stall between the last fence and the finish line. Since the competitor stalled before jumping the last fence, you could argue that she violated the rule in spirit if not in fact.

Oh, I don't agree at all. In fact, I give the rider kudos--that was smart thinking. :yes:

Tazzie
Oct. 18, 2007, 08:46 AM

Invested - I'm just now getting around to answering your question but Classic Melody already answered for me. So basically I say ditto to her post.

S4zeus
Oct. 18, 2007, 08:40 PM
I am trying to be patient. I just can't wait. I love seeing pictures. And I am hoping to buy a bunch this time. The jumps sure felt photo worthy!

OneDaySoon
Oct. 18, 2007, 09:15 PM
I am trying to be patient. I just can't wait. I love seeing pictures. And I am hoping to buy a bunch this time. The jumps sure felt photo worthy!

Me too. I PMed PP, but she must busy getting our photos ready. I am too old to be patient - I'm ready to start a revolution.

Alas, we must be grateful and patient since GRC stepped in at the last minute. :yes:

I am going to say a Photo Waiting Mantra. :sadsmile:

OMMMMMM.....Waiting to see photos.....OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....Waiting to see photos.....OMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :o:o:o:o

OneDaySoon
Oct. 19, 2007, 11:38 PM
Me too. I PMed PP, but she must busy getting our photos ready. I am too old to be patient - I'm ready to start a revolution.

Alas, we must be grateful and patient since GRC stepped in at the last minute. :yes:

I am going to say a Photo Waiting Mantra. :sadsmile:

OMMMMMM.....Waiting to see photos.....OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM....Waiting to see photos.....OMMMMMMMMMMMMMM :o:o:o:o

PP...I cannot hold my breath any longer - and meditating continuously for more than 24 hours is contrary to success in the sport of eventing. Could you please ask Gary to pull an all-nighter and help out all of us from MDHT who are waiting sooooo patiently for our photos?

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 20, 2007, 06:58 AM
PP...I cannot hold my breath any longer - and meditating continuously for more than 24 hours is contrary to success in the sport of eventing. Could you please ask Gary to pull an all-nighter and help out all of us from MDHT who are waiting sooooo patiently for our photos?

I'll ask him today. We're up at Fair Hill trying to get photos up the day of each phase since we are the official photogs. I know he said yesterday that DVPC HT was up.

S4zeus
Oct. 20, 2007, 10:00 AM
I am seeing the pictures from Fair Hill. They are awesome pictures. Makes me even more excited for the MDHT ones. I am waiting patiently. I hope all at Fair Hill is going well. That is a big show. There were some great "action" shots of the very very fit horses not wanting to do the dressage. Those were very fun to see.

Invested1
Oct. 20, 2007, 12:43 PM
PP--
Just an FYI--some of the dressage pictures for Fair Hill are under the wrong riders (e.g., the dressage pix for Allison Springer are not Allison....)

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 20, 2007, 06:49 PM
PP--
Just an FYI--some of the dressage pictures for Fair Hill are under the wrong riders (e.g., the dressage pix for Allison Springer are not Allison....)

Thanks. Sometimes there are mix ups with sorting, I'll tell Gary. So, as far as MDHT pics, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Gary said they probably won't be up until Monday. I assume it's because we don't have a convenient fast internet connection. He decided not to upload today's photos, but last night we used the internet in my hotel room.

horsesarelikepotatochips
Oct. 21, 2007, 03:51 PM
I have to say, waiting for pictures this long is truly disappointing. My friend competed training on Saturday and tried to get her photos at the trailer on Sunday. She was told the photos weren't available in the trailer and that they would be online on Wednesday.

Seems like the photos should be posted in the order that they're taken. The only photos that are up from Fair Hill so far are the first jog and dressage. So it seems like the photos for MDHT aren't even going to be up by Monday.

I don't understand what the hold up is. Redline always has their photos up right away. By the next day at the latest. Even the small photographers have their photos up quicker than this.

octavian_jazz
Oct. 21, 2007, 08:45 PM
I don't think we should be complaining. Uploading that many photos can't be easy, and I love how GRC photography takes so many pictures. So to everyone involved in taking and uploading the pictures - thank you!

That being said, I am trying to be patient, but it's hard! I'm checking everyday (sometimes more than once) hoping to see the pictures.

PiedPiper
Oct. 21, 2007, 08:58 PM
Jeez people chill out. As stated there was a total snafu and GRC was stretched tight with multiple bookings so yes there is a delay in uploading. Usually they are pretty prompt so have a little patience! I competed Sunday and am waiting like the rest. Shoot go over to H/J to see how long you could have to wait for pics!

Redline Guy
Oct. 21, 2007, 09:47 PM
Shoot go over to H/J to see how long you could have to wait for pics!

Hmm, I dunno. The H/J show we shot yesterday was posted by 8PM last night. The pics from today's show were posted by 7:30PM. Every event we shoot is posted that evening or by noon the following day, whether it's H/J or a H/T.

Thanks for noticing Chips!

S4zeus
Oct. 22, 2007, 12:04 AM
I know it is hard to be patient. I am sorry I complained in the first place. GRC's photos are worth the wait. I am just so excited. I am sure we won't be disappointed.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 22, 2007, 08:15 AM
I have to say, waiting for pictures this long is truly disappointing. My friend competed training on Saturday and tried to get her photos at the trailer on Sunday. She was told the photos weren't available in the trailer and that they would be online on Wednesday.

Seems like the photos should be posted in the order that they're taken. The only photos that are up from Fair Hill so far are the first jog and dressage. So it seems like the photos for MDHT aren't even going to be up by Monday.

I don't understand what the hold up is. Redline always has their photos up right away. By the next day at the latest. Even the small photographers have their photos up quicker than this.

Like I said, we didn't have stable internet connection up at Fair Hill this weekend, Fair Hill photos were top priority. Also, getting a cd made for the Fair Hill organizers for press releases was a priority. There was so much going on this weekend, we were constantly busy. If you look at past shows, you will know that we get them up the Mon or Tues afterwards. I don't know how you wouldn't understand when I've explained it already, but they will be up.

OneDaySoon
Oct. 22, 2007, 09:10 AM
Here is a great way to let people know the status of the photos. It was posted on the photographer's web site the evening of the event. Incidentally, I love Redline guy's photos as well, and I fully appreciate that GRC took on this role at the last minute, however I guess we are all feeling not only impatient with the delay, but pretty second and third rate to the H/J show and FHI events which got posted prior to anything from MHT. Something, anything would have been better than nothing or the reminders that we need to be patient. The reality is not that we are impatience but that other events are higher priority. Meanwhile I will be enjoying and buying the photos from this weekend's event - tonight!

ESDCTA 2007

October 20, & 21, 2007
Hello every one,

It is now Sunday night, I just started downloading the image files to my mac.

I expect to have over five thousand images when they are all in. Obviously this is quite a lot for a web-site. What I will do is post a couple images from each ride. If you are interested in seeing more, just e-mail me, and I will post more for you to see.

The images will be up on Monday evening (Oct. 22, 2007).

Please check out some of the other stuff in the meantime.

This site is in the process of some changes.

Any questions, comments, suggestions just “drop me a line”.

Thank You

horsesarelikepotatochips
Oct. 22, 2007, 02:05 PM
A little bit of marketing 101… the longer you make a customer wait, the less urgency the customer feels, the less likely they are to buy. When you tell a customer that their product isn’t going to be ready when promised because someone else is more important, you’re also depressing your response rate.

Photographers at events are not doing riders a favor. They are making a living. The pictures that they take are not for free. It’s a business and should be run professionally as one. When pictures are promised on a certain day and are not posted on that day, it’s bad customer service, especially when everyone’s money is green and some of those people are being told that their business isn’t as good as someone else’s.

I hope Redline is at my next event. The pictures are awesome and they are posted in a timely manner.

flyingchange
Oct. 22, 2007, 05:39 PM
Wow, I can think of a lot of things to complain about, but having to wait a little over a week (or two, or three) for online photo proofs from an event to be posted sure ain't one of them. Jeez...

CapturinYerRide
Oct. 22, 2007, 08:35 PM
I feel that I need to say something here, especially as it is I who had the scheduling error that prevented me from coming to photograph this horse trial. GRC was asked to come in on very short notice on a weekend that was already booked very heavily for them. They could have easily passed and forgone the hassle, but they didn't, somehow managing to find some folks to go over to Loch Moy. Compound that with the fact that they are on the move, probably away from home and without the fastest of internet connections, and you get what is happening. It takes a lot of work to come off of a horse trial. I myself am working hard to get one weekend processed before going off to the next. Imagine having that work load for several shows. I'm sure the delay is no indication of your importance, or of the venue's importance.

So I ask you to be just a little bit more patient!:cool::yes:

Mark
HoofClix.com

ZEBE
Oct. 22, 2007, 10:25 PM
Does anyone remember when you had to wait weeks before you received proofs from a competition-- I do... I guess I'm that old. Thank you GRC and all photographers that come to our events. I'm just happy that we even get photos taken. Let's be a little more patient.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 23, 2007, 06:35 AM
A little bit of marketing 101… the longer you make a customer wait, the less urgency the customer feels, the less likely they are to buy. When you tell a customer that their product isn’t going to be ready when promised because someone else is more important, you’re also depressing your response rate.

Photographers at events are not doing riders a favor. They are making a living. The pictures that they take are not for free. It’s a business and should be run professionally as one. When pictures are promised on a certain day and are not posted on that day, it’s bad customer service, especially when everyone’s money is green and some of those people are being told that their business isn’t as good as someone else’s.

I hope Redline is at my next event. The pictures are awesome and they are posted in a timely manner.

I don't recall anyone promising pictures on a certain day (unless they told you something in the trailer at the show), but anyways, I've given up trying to explain everything. I'm sorry you're unhappy. We're doing the best we can.

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 23, 2007, 06:38 AM
Here is a great way to let people know the status of the photos. It was posted on the photographer's web site the evening of the event. Incidentally, I love Redline guy's photos as well, and I fully appreciate that GRC took on this role at the last minute, however I guess we are all feeling not only impatient with the delay, but pretty second and third rate to the H/J show and FHI events which got posted prior to anything from MHT. Something, anything would have been better than nothing or the reminders that we need to be patient. The reality is not that we are impatience but that other events are higher priority. Meanwhile I will be enjoying and buying the photos from this weekend's event - tonight!

You should mention this to Gary if you see him at a show or send him an email. I agree as a rider and competitor myself. Before I worked with GRC, I was waiting a week or more to get proofs in the mail when they used to do it that way.

PiedPiper
Oct. 23, 2007, 07:11 AM
I agree as well. I wish my life was so stress free that waiting a week for pictures ranked up there as one of my biggest stress inducers. :lol: It really wasn't that long ago that you did have to wait for proofs in the mail on top of this being a last minute scheduling recovery for GRC I really don't think I am going to hold it against them.

Shoot the way some are carrying on it looks like for the future it would be in GRC's and other vendors best interest NOT to step up and help a venue out of a jam as you will get lambasted for it.

I guess just another example of a society of instant gratification.

Fred
Oct. 23, 2007, 07:52 AM
Goodness - ODS - you should have introduced yourself! I confess I was far too busy being giddy over what a super brain and kind soul the new fellow is, and Ti's good day to put the pieces together. D'oh. What a gorgeous boy your pony is! Super fancy, all the way around - I was ogling him all day. Congrats!

Fred - I did see Cupid go. He's got a fantastic hind end when he jumps, and an amazing amount of confidence. Just loped around the course beautifully and very much like a grownup.

Thank you GotSpots. I was pleased to see he had a decent dressage, and went clear in both stadium and X.
Good to see the Fred boys in such good hands!!
Congrats again to you!!!

ps Cupid is Risque Romance, and this was his first outing in his new home.

Redline Guy
Oct. 23, 2007, 08:18 AM
Shoot the way some are carrying on it looks like for the future it would be in GRC's and other vendors best interest NOT to step up and help a venue out of a jam as you will get lambasted for it.

Agreed. We filled in at an event earlier this season, with 2 days notice, and got lots of complaints that we didn't shoot this, that, or the other thing.

We did appreciate those who were understanding and thankful to have any photos from the event at all.

OneDaySoon
Oct. 23, 2007, 09:42 AM
Photos are up and they are great!

Invested1
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:09 AM
Photos are up and they are great!

Do you know up to what number they have posted? (I'm on a crackberry and can't look for myself!)

drjuliea
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:15 AM
but where are the photos? I went to grcphoto.com and no luck. There's a very good chance I just missed them, but are they at another place?

Thanks in advance!

colliemom
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:23 AM
but where are the photos? I went to grcphoto.com and no luck. There's a very good chance I just missed them, but are they at another place?

Thanks in advance!

Dr. Julie,

Go to www.photoreflect.com, then put GRC in the photographer search field, and you can get to them that way.

Looks like it's just up to number 95 so far, but I'm sure more are coming.

There is a note on the Maryland HT page estimating that photos would be posted by Wednesday 10/25, and to please be patient, so there has been some communication. I agree with everyone else -- we used to have to wait weeks for proofs in the mail, and then get maybe 3 or 5 tops. So, you have to wait 10 days to get TONS of photos. I think it's a fair trade-off, personally :-)

toeknee
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:25 AM
they have up to #95 posted.

here is the link to them http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/thumbpage.aspx?e=3219694

toeknee
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:28 AM
opps posted at the same time...

there looks like there are lots of pictures, I wasn't expecting as much since they picked it up last minute. excited for mine to be posted. remember good things are worth the wait:)

drjuliea
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:28 AM
I'm #312, so I'll look back later on! I just want to see the stadium pics-apparently he was clearing the novice fences by several feet so they should be good for a laugh!

Invested1
Oct. 23, 2007, 10:38 AM
Would someone please do me a HUGE favor and post back when they're up to the mid-100s (150ish)??? THANKS!!!! :)

GotSpots
Oct. 23, 2007, 11:47 AM
They have a ton of pictures! Kudos to Gary and PP and their whole team for getting so many shots (and for pressing whatever magic knees-to-ears button to make the New-man jump so cute).

Invested1
Oct. 24, 2007, 10:43 AM
Hey Lindsay--
Looks like GRC has been stuck on #95 for a couple days now--you guys having computer problemos?

I had such a bad day at Loch Moy (by NO fault of the event) that I'm hoping we were able to look decent for the camera just once. ;)

Catalina
Oct. 24, 2007, 12:10 PM
Could somebody please tell me what rider number Its The Luck Of The Irish was? He was in Novice Rider. I would love to see some pictures of him because I believe that he is my ISH's sire :).

Onawhim
Oct. 24, 2007, 05:12 PM
Catalina --

If you go to http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?id=82 and put in the horse's name, you'll get info on the horse, including the event record. Looks like you might be right about the horse.

S4zeus
Oct. 24, 2007, 06:29 PM
Ditto Invested. They have been stuck at 95 for a couple days. I am trying to be patient, but I am about to burst at the seams!

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 25, 2007, 06:49 AM
Hey Lindsay--
Looks like GRC has been stuck on #95 for a couple days now--you guys having computer problemos?

I had such a bad day at Loch Moy (by NO fault of the event) that I'm hoping we were able to look decent for the camera just once. ;)

I haven't talked to Gary in a few days. I'll be going over there on Friday, I'll see what's up.

Invested1
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:49 AM
I haven't talked to Gary in a few days. I'll be going over there on Friday, I'll see what's up.

That'd be great thanks!
Especially since they've already put up CDCTA....(from 10/21) ;)

Catalina
Oct. 25, 2007, 09:37 AM
Catalina --

If you go to http://www.useventing.com/competitions.php?id=82 and put in the horse's name, you'll get info on the horse, including the event record. Looks like you might be right about the horse.

Cool, it does look like it could be him. Since GRC just puts the rider numbers up on their site, though, I need to know what he is number is so I can see some pictures of him :D. Does anyone have a program still that has the rider numbers?

GotSpots
Oct. 25, 2007, 09:49 AM
That's actually a really good point. PP - if you happen to talk to Gary, one thing that would be fantastic, particularly if my horse is competing and I'm not, is if you could take a photograph of the program with the numbers in it and post it with the photos, so it's easier to figure out who is who. Particularly as we tend to order photos at the end of the year, it's awfully hard to remember who was what number, and it's not always available in the results. Thanks for all you guys do!

Onawhim
Oct. 25, 2007, 02:53 PM
They are posting more photos, they are now up to #111! They really did a super job getting a lot of different shots.

S4zeus
Oct. 25, 2007, 06:02 PM
Up to #150 now! Just 10 more until me! Can't wait much longer!

Invested1
Oct. 25, 2007, 06:15 PM
Heh, I don't even remember my number!! 151? 155? Guess I'll know once the pix are posted. :lol:

Invested1
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:00 PM
Zeus--you're up--I LOFF your pix #5!!

My pix told me 2 things--
1: I need to go on a diet.
2. I MUST work on my jumping position (I just wrote my trainer an email about that!)--I am mortified by my pix and even more mortified that my sweet pony does me so well when I don't return the favor. :sigh:

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:03 PM
That'd be great thanks!
Especially since they've already put up CDCTA....(from 10/21) ;)

You could also email him and ask what's going on. He responds quickly.

Invested1
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:06 PM
You could also email him and ask what's going on. He responds quickly.

Great minds--I did, he did--was having computer problemos. :)

Though, as always, the pix are fantastic! Thanks!!

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:07 PM
That's actually a really good point. PP - if you happen to talk to Gary, one thing that would be fantastic, particularly if my horse is competing and I'm not, is if you could take a photograph of the program with the numbers in it and post it with the photos, so it's easier to figure out who is who. Particularly as we tend to order photos at the end of the year, it's awfully hard to remember who was what number, and it's not always available in the results. Thanks for all you guys do!

Email him your ideas! He'll probably appreciate it more coming from the customer than me.

S4zeus
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:24 PM
I absolutely adore my horse in this picture! http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3J0051&po=24&c=

and in this one, his far leg is up over his head just about!
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3J0033&po=6&c=

snsmith
Oct. 25, 2007, 07:50 PM
I absolutely adore my horse in this picture! http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3J0051&po=24&c=

and in this one, his far leg is up over his head just about!
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3J0033&po=6&c=

Your horse is SERIOUSLY cute!! And you guys look great together.

Invested1
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:05 PM
My pix told me 2 things--
1: I need to go on a diet.
2. I MUST work on my jumping position (I just wrote my trainer an email about that!)--I am mortified by my pix and even more mortified that my sweet pony does me so well when I don't return the favor. :sigh:

Ok, I do like these:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3C0057&po=27&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3C0044&po=14&c=

And is it wrong to like one of the butt shots? It's just....artistic... :D (though no fussing at me re: hairnets---GotSpots already got me. :lol:)
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3C0053&po=23&c=

:)

LexInVA
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:40 PM
Ok, I do like these:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3C0057&po=27&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3C0044&po=14&c=

And is it wrong to like one of the butt shots? It's just....artistic... :D (though no fussing at me re: hairnets---GotSpots already got me. :lol:)
http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G3C0053&po=23&c=

:)

All three of those links brought up the same photo. Looks like you could have used some sunglasses. At any rate, you have quite a nice grin on your face. It's too bad the only decent shot of your rear in there hardly qualifies as a butt shot. ;)

Invested1
Oct. 25, 2007, 08:46 PM
All three of those links brought up the same photo. Looks like you could have used some sunglasses. At any rate, you have quite a nice grin on your face. It's too bad the only decent shot of your rear in there hardly qualifies as a butt shot. ;)

Really? Weird. I just clicked them and they brought up the 3 images.
Anyway, they're 15 (of 30), 28 (of 30) and 24 (of 30). :D

octavian_jazz
Oct. 25, 2007, 09:02 PM
I love all of the pictures, it seems like they were taken at the perfect time and capture the moment perfectly.

Just a few of my favorites:

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G440083&po=24&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G440077&po=18&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G440095&po=36&c= (I do believe I'm smiling)

LexInVA
Oct. 25, 2007, 10:18 PM
Really? Weird. I just clicked them and they brought up the 3 images.
Anyway, they're 15 (of 30), 28 (of 30) and 24 (of 30). :D

Ah. It actually brought up someone else's (155) images too when I clicked on them through Firefox yet it brings up yours when I click on the links in Internet Explorer. Never thought I'd see the day when IE worked and Firefox didn't. I guess it's screwy from browsing the galleries earlier today. Time to clear the cache I suppose. :lol: Anyway, you've got an interesting look on your face in 15. Not sure what it is but it's not familiar to me. 28 looks good but I'd get it cropped and enlarged. I think that butt shot was okay though the one right before it was better. If the sun hadn't been reflecting off your derriere, making your pants look snow white, it would have been perfect. :cry:

drjuliea
Oct. 27, 2007, 04:32 AM
Great job, GRC, I love my pics!

Dig this: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G740062&po=0

This was his first novice! He loves XC, stadium not so much-a work in progress.

drjuliea
Oct. 27, 2007, 04:34 AM
Here goes: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G740109&po=47

piaffeprincess98
Oct. 27, 2007, 08:05 AM
Here goes: http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage.aspx?pi=0EBK006G740109&po=47

Wow, he is overjumping everything by 3 feet! Good for you for staying with him. He looks so confident over that trakehner. Was is a real one or faux? That's a big question for novice.

Putter
Oct. 27, 2007, 10:24 PM
Drjuliea...I LOVE those pictures of Tex!!!!

I was excited to see the pictures that were up...unfortunately for me, number 337 got posted twice - once in my spot (#327). (Easy mistake-the numbers are quite similar). I have already emailed Gary to see if there are pictures of me and my girl around somewhere...In the meantime, if anyone is browsing through other numbers and sees rider 327 (generic bay horse, rider with beige pants, navy vest and dark shirt) please let me know.

drjuliea
Oct. 30, 2007, 01:14 PM
It was the faux trakhener, and it was big! It looked bigger when I walked my course the second time (ugh!), but he couldn't have cared less. He was having such a good time, just running and jumping.

Putter, let me know when they post your pics; Miss Mary and I looked all over the place to find you even knowing you were #327. Can't wait!