PDA

View Full Version : Removed

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 2, 2007, 04:36 PM

appychik
Aug. 2, 2007, 04:45 PM
She's cute. There's a stretch of video ~ 39 seconds in, where it looks like she's doing one tempi changes. She's not, but she's got that new little skip to her canter.

Gucci Cowgirl
Aug. 2, 2007, 04:55 PM
Half of the video is the filly galloping around with her tail in the air - any horse looks pretty darn fancy when they are higher than a kite!

maybe take a look at her, and another video, when she is relaxed and in a more normal frame of mind. Then you can see her honest gaits, and what they might look like under saddle, since she is only 2.

you can't tell much from galloping!

slc2
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:11 PM
this would be an inappropriate horse for you to buy.

inca
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:16 PM
Agree with Gucci - it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell how this horse really moves. There is not one second of that video where she is relaxed.

If I had to make an assessment based only on this video, it would be that she is one hot tamale and NOT an amateur's horse.

Mozart
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:25 PM
this would be an inappropriate horse for you to buy.
ditto. Not for you or me.

snbess
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:28 PM
Well, she's fast. I sure wouldn't want to get on her or buy her based on this video. She may have great gaits underneath all that spice, but her temperment (if this is it) is not for me.

Sandra

LittleSpotBlog
Halfway through the video I was wondering if there was a reason the video didn't show her trot...and then it appeared for two seconds.

Her canter work is quite nice, but she's not that fancy a mover at the trot. Plus the head and tail straight up in the air aren't good signs unless you're a really patient and well-schooled rider.

NOMIOMI1

hitchinmygetalong
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:37 PM
Well, she seems to think quite highly of herself! :D

That pogo canter is ... interesting.

equistra.com
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:40 PM
Half of the video is the filly galloping around with her tail in the air - any horse looks pretty darn fancy when they are higher than a kite!

maybe take a look at her, and another video, when she is relaxed and in a more normal frame of mind. Then you can see her honest gaits, and what they might look like under saddle, since she is only 2.

you can't tell much from galloping!

dto.. She is a very nice Horse, would love to see her when she´s started u.s. with ~4. The asking price is absolute OK.

yellowbritches
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:41 PM
This is why I hate videos of horses going at liberty (even young ones), and would much rather see the horse go in some type of controlled atmosphere...jogging in hand or a few minutes of proper lungeing. She is so busy stargazing and acting like a dork that you really can't tell ANYTHING about her. She is so tense and jazzed up she is stiff legged all the way around. She's cute to look at but it is very hard to see anything else.

MyReality
Aug. 2, 2007, 05:44 PM
Don't care what her pedigree is. Don't like her one bit. Don't like her temperament, don't like how she moves, trot or canter... she doesn't use her back, she jumps up and down. Flashy looking though... and actually well put together. Asking an untrained young horse to jump around an arena, is NOT the way to present a horse... I would be very surprised if the seller is a professional... remember if you're talking FEI prospect, you are selling to professionals.

~Freedom~
Aug. 2, 2007, 06:24 PM
Badly balanced

rebecca yount
Aug. 2, 2007, 06:26 PM
This is an Arabian, right? I think maybe many dressage professionals would not choose this breed as their future FEI horse. Not saying that some don't make it to FEI, but it's not that easy for many of them because of conformational challenges.

This particular film of her doesn't show anything on which to make much of a judgement about her potential. Hopping around cross cantering mostly. A video of her more relaxed, perhaps in hand on the triangle would be better. Also some conformation shots might be helpful if you really want opinions.

enjoytheride
Aug. 2, 2007, 06:33 PM
I am confused, why are you looking at such different horses? What are your goals then?

You are a very novice rider, try to focus your funds on one well schooled older horse with rideable gaits and lots of lessons which will get you much further in riding.

Pony Fixer
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:02 PM
BOING BOING BOING
Seriously, with that head and tail up so high, can you imagine? I realize she's at liberty, but I would suspect based on this (agreed) small video that she will be difficult to get round and through.
Not an amateurs horse at all, although you state that's not an issue. If I were investing money for someone else to ride I still would say no.

easyrider
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:03 PM
Even if there were things you liked about this horse (I like nothing, myself) and if she were an appropriate choice for you (which I believe she isn't), that horrible lateral canter is reason enough to pass.

class
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:16 PM
This is an Arabian, right? I think maybe many dressage professionals would not choose this breed as their future FEI horse. Not saying that some don't make it to FEI, but it's not that easy for many of them because of conformational challenges.

what part of her makes her look arabian? what do you see as her conformational challenges? it says she is a dutch warmblood.

trailhorse1
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:46 PM
Oh my!, It is absoluteley fanominal how many of you folks have no clue of horses, how they move and act, how they socialize or show themselves off. It amazes me how any of you that responded to this video have NO CLUE. The best way to look at a horse is when they are in their "free state". It tells you everything you need to know, if you would take the time to LOOK AND OBSERVE. So many of you are caught up in what you think a horse should be. You are stuck in your "dressage frame of mind". For the most of u it is about CONTROL, that is why you guys dis-like this mare. Because the most of u could not handle her, or know what to do to make her a nice dressage horse. That is what she could be, a nice dressage prospect. FEI, maybe, maybe not. The price, well, you either have it or u don't. Horses are only worth what someone will pay for them.
This horse is a two year old. She does not track up, why, because she is stiff all thru her back. Why, because her head is stuck up and out. She is stiff thru her whole body because she is a two year old and has no clue what a "dressage" horse should look like. Her hocks move nicely, powerful hind end, she has a nice shoulder, nice short back, needs to stretch out some but she is only two and needs to learn self carriage. Nice pasterns. I would think about it, for sure. Honestly, if you are looking for a prospect, work with your trainer. Stay away from these boards, these people know so very little. :no: Best wishes, she is a nice prospect if you like her. :)

rcloisonne
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:50 PM
what part of her makes her look arabian?
The tail carriage when excited and the boing, boing boing, gaits. :eek: However, her head is very coarse and not at all Arabian-like. I'd like to see this flashy filly as she matures but this ain't no beginner's horse.

tempichange
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:55 PM
No. Absolutely not. You need to get a schoolmaster, or schoolmistress who does not suffer fools.

She's a nice filly, big leg mover and is probably full of beans, just not appropriate as of now.

rebecca yount
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:58 PM
I realize this is only a poorly presented, informal video. I missed the part at first (and I really did look a lot, too!) about her being a Dutch horse.

What reminds me of an Arabian: Her head and tail stuck up in the air (I realize she is "at liberty", but reminiscent of an Arabian), her stiff, tight back (as many Arabians have), her lateral canter (which comes from a stiff back) (look at around 41 seconds). All of those things could come from being high as a kite and maybe being chased around in a pen, etc. I don't see how you could tell anything about her pasterns or her conformation. Her pasterns are never still to see them. I wasn't saying that HER conformation is any particular way, since there are no conformation shots. I was saying that many Arabians have conformation (long flat croup, high behind, tight back) and ways of going (holding back tight, not lifting back, hocks coming up behind them instead of forward and through--and I think this horse has some of that hock movement) that make dressage not the easiest thing for them.

This is not how I would go about selling a horse for 20K.

Kathy Johnson
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:27 PM
I like the horse, as much as I can see, but I don't care for the presentation either.

It's hard to see how a horse moves hopped up on adrenaline, tight through the back, hollow and pronging in a Pepe Le Pew canter. She does look like she might have a natural passage.

Even at two, at liberty, I would like to see clean natural changes both directions (she did one change very nicely, but the rest were disunited)

I can't tell a darn thing about her disposition either. She may not be as hot as she looks. Even my normally semi-comatose Friesian will move like that when he is high and being chased.

hpelham1
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:28 PM
I agree (to some extent) with trailrider. That being said, I have seen many two year warmbloods that move much nicer than this filly, and for about the same price. Seeing her at will is a good indication about her natural ability. Yes, she has electricity in her movements (:D) but she is not naturally uphill, she shows no inclination to move through her back, and also shows no natural balance. If this filly was available for about $5-10K, maybe....but for $20K I think the lack of above things should be noticed. The young warmbloods I trained for one of my clients looked like they were doing dressage at will in their pasture. Piaffe, passage, thinking round, forward and balanced....a horse like that I would pay the money for. This horse, though while cute and looks like it could be fun, I wouldn't lay down that kind of change.

Gucci Cowgirl
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:38 PM
Oh my!, It is absoluteley fanominal how many of you folks have no clue of horses, how they move and act, how they socialize or show themselves off. It amazes me how any of you that responded to this video have NO CLUE. The best way to look at a horse is when they are in their "free state". It tells you everything you need to know, if you would take the time to LOOK AND OBSERVE. So many of you are caught up in what you think a horse should be. You are stuck in your "dressage frame of mind".
Stay away from these boards, these people know so very little.

This advice is what gets unexperienced buyers in trouble.

Our 22 year old Hanoverian mare acts like Salinero on crack if you chase her with a whip after being inside for a couple days.

When ridden, she is lazier than a 39 year old appaloosa gelding.

Horses at liberty hardly ever show movement indicitive of what they will look like under saddle.

The way they interact with other horses at liberty, yes, says a lot.

ToN Farm
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:42 PM
That being said, I have seen many two year warmbloods that move much nicer than this filly, and for about the same price.
LOL-Yeah, people always say things like that but usually can't back it up. I'd be interested in seeing a list of these 2-year olds for 20k that move better than this mare. Not that I think this mare is anything super, but she is worth 20k. I

Someone said they didn't think the sellers were presenting the horse in a very professional way (or something like that). I have seen their website, and I was very unimpressed with all the photos and the riding. This isn't a place I'd consider if buying.

SillyHorse
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:58 PM
She is every 12-year-old girl's dream horse.

Aggie4Bar
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:59 PM
No, this is not the type of horse for you. Wrong personality, and I suspect that trot has a significant trampoline factor.

I actually like her, but I like her as an event prospect. And I'd probably hate her immensely working on dressage. She reminds me way too much of a DWB gelding I had - hot, tense, impossible trot. She moves exactly like he did.

hpelham1
Aug. 2, 2007, 10:32 PM
There are better moving horses out there if you are willing to take the time to look. I have had at least 6 warmbloods in for manners training ranging from 1 1/2 to 3 years old, better movers, and all under $20K. So yes, I've had experience with this, and you can find these deals out there. I agree that she might make a pretty eventer.:)

Briggsie
Aug. 2, 2007, 10:41 PM
My honest opinion from the video....

Probably not a fair rep. of the horse...Too much cantering

From what I can see...He canter is nice, but flat. Not enough thrust from behind. She does not really use her back much either.

Trot...from what I can see in the video, which was not much,

Nice floaty trot, but again, lacking reach and not tracking up.

Based off the video...I would not dub her an FEI prospect from what I saw in the video.

All in all, she is a lovely and if you want to really see her go, ask for more footage.

LIke someone said above, I have seen nice movers not look so nice, just depends on who is doing the video and what is going on around her while taking the footage.

hottntrottn08
Aug. 2, 2007, 10:54 PM
i know this is a dressage forum, but she looks like she would make a pretty good jumper. hard to tell right now if she would bea good hunter, but she has the right kind of spunk to make a jumper. but then again its still hard to tell.

Kelly in NJ
Aug. 3, 2007, 09:34 AM
Just curious, you are going to buy this horse in the US and then maybe send her to Holland for training? (When you said: She would be promoted here or in Holland here http://www.stalbuitenhuis.nl/indeling%20UK.htm in dressage.)

That's a pricey plan, and I don't think this particular horse has the natural talent to warrant that. That would only be a path to take with a world-class horse. It's hard to tell from this video what this mare will turn out to be, but I don't think she'll be a top international contender. She may end up very nice, but I think it is very hard to tell from this type of video. I agree with above posters who say it is hard to determine temperment from this as well. Agreed that she looks hot here, but I have a mare who thinks that chewing is a lot of effort, and she'd look like this too if she had her knickers in a knot about being chased around by someone doing whatever it takes to make her look purty and flashy.

If you are relatively new to riding as other posters have hinted, I don't think this would be your best investment. Ditto the suggestion to invest this money in a great older schoolmaster.

slc2
Aug. 3, 2007, 10:19 AM
There ain't a thing 'arabian looking' about this horse, LOL, I don't know who said that, or that she has a 'coarse' head, the idea that every breed should have a head like an arabian is pitiful. Y'ain't sittin' on the horse's head when you ride, with a couple noted exceptions, LOL! The shape of the head is hardly as important as most people make it out to be. To be prejudice against an animal because it doesn't happen to have a head and ears shaped just so - well, you are going to pick the wrong horse alot of times if you start with the head and never get past it!

Arabians are not exactly the only horses in the world that boing around or that lift their tails up. I can't say I can name one breed that DOESN'T do that. Someone is cracking a whip, horsey runs around with his tail up. That's pretty normal for all horses.

Too, this is how just about everyone in the world makes videos of young horses not under saddle. It's not like the seller is some unusually crazy person who dreamed up this wierd way of presenting horses all on his own. This is what everyone does.

You CAN tell something about the animal from such videos, if you have seen a million of them the differences start to show up, even through this sort of thing. The horse is a little bit long all over, especially through the back, but to be quite frank, she is not doing such a bad job in there.

I think the horse DOES look nice. And ah, I am not sure how anyone here is qualified to say she won't do well, based on this video, I think that's a stretch.

Having fancy gaits has very little to do with the success of most horses. I've seen quite average horses do well just because they were trainable. To criticize a horse because it won't be an international star, when it is being considered for a rider just starting in dressage and learning to sit...that's outlandish, but this is also the wrong choice for such a rider. No unbroke 2 year olds for this rider.

Leaving her in Holland to be trained is expensive, but the worst part of the plan is it doesn't teach this rider a damned thing, unless she's going to be there in Holland watching and being involved, even if the trainer does most of the work. It's an out-in-left-field move for this rider. The key - the absolutely most important key to not winding up 20 years from now riding training level on an average horse that is poorly trained and not successful in the ring or as being a pleasure to ride - which is what most dressage riders wind up doing, is that YOU PLAN.

have a plan and stick to it. choose steps that MAKE SENSE, not that appeal to the emotions of the day. internet videos and pretty pictures have caused more people to 'fall in love' and buy an inappropriate partner than just about anything else i can think of.

remember the saying - 'If we followed our feelings all the time, we'd be like cats, chasing our tails'. if you want to move along and progress in dressage, you have to have a well conceived plan and goals you stick to NO MATTER WHAT. buying a 2 year old and leaving it in holland to be trained teaches you nothing, is very expensive, and how are you going to supervise what's going on and make sure you're getting what you paid for from here?

Creaghgal
Aug. 3, 2007, 10:33 AM
Just terribly impressed with the trampoline footing in that arena… :)

Red Barn
Aug. 3, 2007, 10:41 AM
I've got to wonder why anybody selling rather pricey horses would send out such a goofy, un-pro video in the first place.

Either A) The sellers are bordering on utter cluelessness, which can't be good.

Or B) The other videos were even worse(!)

Neither possibility bodes very well, IMO. I certainly agree that you could do way better for the same price - unless, of course, the special bunny-hop thing appeals to you for some reason?

slc2
Aug. 3, 2007, 10:46 AM
that's completely out of court. maybe we need another 'wronged third party' to come onto the bb yet this week - like the owner of the horse for sale.

hitchinmygetalong
Aug. 3, 2007, 11:04 AM
The tail carriage when excited and the boing, boing boing, gaits. :eek: However, her head is very coarse and not at all Arabian-like. I'd like to see this flashy filly as she matures but this ain't no beginner's horse.

She's a two-year-old. Not too many 2yo's out there that can be qualified as "beginner's horses".

The OP just wanted feedback on her movement. She never said she was thinking of purchasing the horse (unless I missed it). I would imagine the OP spends some time browsing around the 'net looking at videos and this one caught her eye, that's all.

Such a tempest in a teapot!

OnTucsonTime
Aug. 3, 2007, 12:28 PM
The video is so cut up. There should be longer sequences. It looks like whoever made the video is just trying to show her "showing off" and playing.

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 3, 2007, 12:56 PM

retrofit
Aug. 3, 2007, 01:01 PM
Horses at liberty hardly ever show movement indicitive of what they will look like under saddle.

True, especially when they are this excited and their entire topline is stiff due to high tail carriage. But you would get a much better idea of watching her plunk around quietly in a roundpen or indoor.

BUT you can get an idea of temperament, and this horse isn't even trying to calm down. Yes I realize she is being chased but still. When I bought my horse as a 2 year old, one thing I really liked about him on video is that when asked, he would move out - and when the asking stopped, he started nosing around, looking for any grass that might have come up through the arena footing. And that's EXACTLY how he is - sensible. (And completely food-oriented, LOL.) Even if something gets him rattled (which is rare), as soon as it stops he takes a deep breath & goes back to Good Boy mode. And THAT is exactly why I've been able to ride & train him.

This horse doesn't strike me as an amateur's horse. Go get the 1st mare vetted already.

mp
Aug. 3, 2007, 03:13 PM
BUT you can get an idea of temperament, and this horse isn't even trying to calm down.

:lol: I don't know why, but this struck me as very funny.

The video looks very herky jerky on my computer, so I can't really tell much about her. But she doesn't look any sillier than most 2 y.o. fillies would be when they're being "encouraged" to move. But I don't think this is a very good video for marketing a young dressage prospect. In-hand would be much better to show her off. But you have to work with a horse to do that. I guess if you don't want to do that, you just turn 'er loose and let 'er rip. ;)

And to be fair, she may be a little goofy now, but that doesn't necessarily mean she'll be that way when she's started under saddle. When one of my fillies was 2, she got so hot we had to stop the photo shoot because we were afraid she'd try to jump a 5' fence. And we weren't doing much of anything to get her excited.

Fast forward 2 years. Same horse started under saddle is doing great. She's sensitive, but not silly. If something worries her, she doesn't panic. Just give her a little time to think about it and she gets over it. You never know ...

Tamlain
Aug. 3, 2007, 03:36 PM
Forget Dressage with this little lady - go Eventing! LOL I can so easily see her sailing down the field and flying through the air!

Seriously though.....I think she has potential if schooled. She has a very nice glide at the end of the video that makes me think she has serious potential, and all of her other antics just tell me that she has range.

What I don't know is what kind of brain she has in that pretty little head and how well she'll train.

If I were looking at her, I'd probably go back with my trainer, and another friend that is a trainer and have them look at her without me butting in an giggling at all that personality.

She's probably going to be a great mount for someone, but my initial response is that it won't be as a dressage horse.

dq for life
Aug. 6, 2007, 03:09 PM
The only thing I like about this horse is its colouring.
I would not buy this horse as it moves like a deer, not a dressage prospect.
The fact that is is lateral, disunited, does not show a decent moment of movement... I would have to ask, what are you thinking if you are thinking of purchasing it. Let alone 20k? Gimme a break!

J Lav
Aug. 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
I don't like this horse either. I would not buy a 2 year old that had such a natural tendancy to canter disunited!!

I've seen hundreds of young horses presented like this and would rather have one that, even when hyped up, remained true in the canter and showed more natural range and suppleness in the trot. There are plenty of them out there especially at that price!!

purplnurpl
Aug. 6, 2007, 05:33 PM
she runs fast with her head in the air...
did you guys see her jump that standard? super fast. lol.

this is an interesting comment:
You are stuck in your "dressage frame of mind".

last time I looked my brouser read Chronicle Forums>Discussion Forums> DRESSAGE

and as for her coloring. I'm a freakazoid.
I don't like how she has one hind without color. whites on the hind make them look sometimes more engaged than they are. one hind brown and three other whites can look funny to the eye.

the worst is two whites on one side. makes them look totally lame. lol.

alliekat
Aug. 6, 2007, 06:22 PM
I had a similar experience although in person, not in a video.
I went to go look at a OTTB prospect for dressage. When we got to their farm, there was a 40 acre pasture with about 12 horses in it. The farm employes asked if we wanted to see the horse move. I thought he ment bring her to a round pen. No he started to chase them. Of course they all ran around with their heads and tails pointed straight towards the sky. But then this other little mare came noising over. I put a lead rope on her and was leading he around. The group of horses came back around and without warning took off again. This little mare went to run and as soon as she got to the end of the lead rope and felt the tension she stoped. Even when the rest of the horses were where she couldn't see them. I bought her on the spot. She never made it as my dressage horse, but she packs my eleven year old around like a champ and is only 5 years old.
As far as the video goes. Yes I have to admit the mare caught my eye...."go ahead and flmae me now":eek:, but I would also never buy a horse based on a one minute(and not even a good one at that) video or picture without going to see it in person first, or came from a VERY VERY reputable breeder. I would want to meet her in person before I would want to say one way or another if she is the right horse for me.
But I can say that I would recommend against getting a 2 year old for a begginer. Good luck in what ever you chose.

cheekyhorse
Aug. 7, 2007, 01:53 PM
nice mare, but moves like a jumper prospect not dressage.

mbm
Aug. 7, 2007, 02:06 PM
what a strange thread :)

the OP says she is looking for a horse to send to holland from the us be trained by some bnt. this in itself is beyond belief. then the OP is asking this board what they think of this horse when the OP says she has bnt helping find a horse....

it sounds to me like op is a beginner (maybe not but that is how it sounds) and this horse is so not what a beginner needs.

plus the sellers vids are so not pro - very ammatuer persentation and riding/handling.

???

if you have the $$ why not send your bnt to holland to pick a TRAINED horse for you?? the selection will be oh so much better..

cuatx55
Aug. 7, 2007, 03:59 PM
Would I spend 20K on this horse? No, I want a trained horse. Should you buy this horse? I can't tell you that. Is this a good dressage horse? Who knows...I doubt it, but i have not had a young horse. This is stragne since you already have a nice arabian, looked at an older WB mare, and now a young horse. Either you are keeping a very open mind, you don't know what you want, or you are just window shopping. Personally I'd keep your arabian, he sounds like a nice horse. He has quite a bit more to learn about things so I doubt he would be "boring".

angel
Aug. 7, 2007, 05:07 PM
If I were to try to make a decision on this filly, based on this video, I probably would pass. The reason is that she lands close behind within the canter stride. This is going to make her fairly stiff to ride, and unless the rider is really secure in the seat, the filly will be rather difficult to sit. I, frankly hate, trying to judge a horse at this age. If I were spending that kind of money, I'd be looking at three year olds, or older.

I think someone else mentioned a jumping career for her. She does have very good balance, and I like the way she is as catty with her changes as she is. If you are going to jump eventually, or do three-day, then maybe she would be worth an inspection in person.

Lancaster9
Aug. 7, 2007, 05:54 PM
Sorry but I simply can't see what would make this mare worth 20k as a dressage prospect... unless I've been seriously undervaluing my 4k mares all this time - hey at least they have a true three beat canter when chased. Still, I'm not one to deliberately spoil someon else's fantasy. Maybe there's something more to the story than this video reveals. Have fun.

Mudpie
Aug. 7, 2007, 07:37 PM
Shes a nice looking mare but I would like to see more trot video of her. Its hard to tell how she really moves just cantering around. Looks like she may be hocky, but that might be acceptable in your discipline. Usually the trot is the gait you want to see them at, it really shows their extension and tracking. Good luck.
As per the jumping the young horse...it looked like she jumped the cone at liberty, but I'll have to go back and check. I don't think it was meant to be a free jumping video.

CentreEquestre
Aug. 7, 2007, 10:50 PM
By first impression of this video I wouldnt even bother. A serious seller who is wanting 20 grand for a horse and actually expecting someone to take them seriously should have a video that is much better than the one posted.

WindsongEq
Aug. 7, 2007, 11:19 PM
She is lovely. I ride Dutch horses, I find young Dutch horses for students. Most of them move like this when being chased around at first. Tail up over their back and broink around like a deer. They eventally relax a bit and can show some more relaxed canter strides and trot strides. I would liked to have seen the more relaxed movement shown for a better idea of the actual movement. (Have none of you ever been to a Dutch Keuring?) I would also want to see on a video the horse being led to show the walk, how much overtrack and reach, and would also like to see the horse being led to and away from the video, close in front, wide behind etc. I would like to see the horse at halt from the side view to better see the conformation. What is the breeding? That will give us a general idea of how hot the horse will be. How far have the full and half siblings gone? If she has 6 brothers and 8 sisters showing FEI, she will probably be able to do it too! As far as the flying changes when a young horse does this on their own, flying changes are much easier to train. Looked like a normal young 2 yo dutch prospect to me.
I have purchased comparable 2 year olds for less $$ from good breeders here in California.

baymareseven
Aug. 7, 2007, 11:29 PM
I believe that there is not enough info to make a decision based on the video. The last post had some valid points about confirmation and freedom of movement. However, if you are prepared to assume the risk and expense of this prospect then you are prepared for the possibliity of good results with good training or maybe not what you bargained for in this investment. It can be a "crap shoot" as they say in the horse biz. Not for me, but maybe good for you!

Valentina_32926
Aug. 9, 2007, 11:54 AM
When my Dutch WB mare was two she'd "pop" around the pasture this way (but no lateral canter). She DOES have an AA personality - I broke her and have done most of her training.

But as others have stated - it IS hard to tell from a video. When you get on my mare (no matter how "hot" she is) she LISTENS to the rider - and always has. Very smart mare and never wants to hurt her rider.

I would not discount her from the video - go look at her in person and handle her from the ground to get a better idea of her temperment.

gr8fulrider
Aug. 9, 2007, 12:36 PM
1) This is a terrible sales video, and not because of film quality. It doesn't show anything you'd want to see. Trot? Two seconds, from the front. That's it. Walk? Nope. Stand her up for a view of conformation? Canter? Not really. There's over a minute of something in the general family of "canter" but it consists mostly of running flat out away from something and bouncing back. Bouncing up and down with tension does not equal talent for tempis. From the video I really can't see what her true canter is like. I can tell that she's tense and that her sellers don't know how to present her, which makes me wonder how much they knew about handling her until this point.

2) Who decided that any horse that seems too hot for dressage ought to event? Ask eventers and they'll disagree. Eventers can be calm. What they need to be able to do is gallop. In that small area it's impossible to know whether that horse can gallop. What we do know is that at least when tense, she bounces up rather than rolling forward. I don't know anything about jumpers-- maybe they like a bounce.

3) It's true that at 2 you can't tell whether a horse will eventually be an amateur ride at 7 or 10. I think you can tell whether she'll be that rare horse that an amateur can safely ride and bring along at 3 and 4. There's no indication that she is, and every indication that she's not.

4) What exactly is so good about this horse? She has a pretty head and nice color. I've seen a million well-bred warmbloods that are as pretty/prettier and have good gaits and a laid-back attitude. It's a buyer's market. What's so good about this one? How can you even tell?

Have fun. Try to have fun on another horse, if at all possible.

OnTucsonTime
Aug. 10, 2007, 10:13 AM
This was not intended as a sale video. I'm not the seller, but I know who is. Thank you for all the constructive criticism, it will be kept in mind for future videos.

AnotherRound
Aug. 10, 2007, 02:59 PM
This was not intended as a sale video. I'm not the seller, but I know who is. Thank you for all the constructive criticism, it will be kept in mind for future videos.

That's probably a good idea. If I had a horse for sale, I'd clean up whatever I had hanging around on the internet about it. Now a whole lot of people in the horse community - the owner's possible future clients or people who know them - have seen the video and the horse with few good things to say about it.

I wish folks well with the horse.

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 10, 2007, 04:30 PM

class
Aug. 10, 2007, 04:54 PM
why and what exactly were you asking for when you started this thread anyway?

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 10, 2007, 05:14 PM

Dalfan
Aug. 10, 2007, 05:19 PM
It seemed that this was a horse you were considering purchasing. I could be wrong, though.

Coreene
Aug. 10, 2007, 05:35 PM
Why on earth would anyone buy a two year old Dutch horse in the US and send it to Holland, when you could - for much less $$ - buy a horse that is much, much nicer than this one and that is already there? WTF?

enjoytheride
Aug. 10, 2007, 05:39 PM
I believe the OP is very young and is not entirely sure what she wants right now. If you think the horse is pretty say so, but if you don't have the means of purchasing a horse don't lead people on.

WBLover
Aug. 10, 2007, 05:47 PM
Usually, when you say you are thinking of buying a horse and show a video of that horse, we assume it's a sale video! Of course now you edited your header, but at one time it did say it was a horse you were looking at to buy.....

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 10, 2007, 05:49 PM

enjoytheride
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:02 PM
but if you are a total beginner rider why do you need an unbroken 2yo? And why do you want to send it from the US to Holland and then back? Your last video of another sales horse was a totally different type of horse and also a bit uinsuitable for you in this stage in your riding.

There are many more suitable horses out there. Perhaps you can discuss with your trainer where you are at as a rider and what kind of horse would be best for you, then show us those horses when you are actually looking at buying.

Dalfan
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:10 PM
but if you are a total beginner rider why do you need an unbroken 2yo? And why do you want to send it from the US to Holland and then back? Your last video of another sales horse was a totally different type of horse and also a bit uinsuitable for you in this stage in your riding.

Now, now. We shouldn't go "dampening" her spirit, as someone suggested on this thread. I mean, her BNT just got back into town and should be able to help her on the some of the issues from the multitude of threads she has started. Good for her!!:cool:;)

She reminds me somewhat of another poster - RoyalMerlin. :yes:

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
Romans 2:1

Dalfan

enjoytheride
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:46 PM
I had to google that.

Picking a suitable horse is the most important thing you can do. Don't pick a horse because it's pretty, is too hot for you, is too green, or is beyond your abilities (like having movement you can't stay balanced on).

Speak with a trainer and look at serious prospects that are suitable to you and to you current goals. If you progress beyond the horse you can always sell and purchase a new one.

Equibrit
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:47 PM
Koran 43:54&55

snoopy
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:48 PM
For those who may not know what the poster is refering to:

Romans 2:1 You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.

Bogey2
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:49 PM
Romans 2:1 (New International Version)
New International Version (NIV)
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984 by International Bible Society

Romans 2
God's Righteous Judgment
1You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things

snoopy
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:49 PM
well if this keeps up there is no need for church on sunday!!!!:eek:;)

enjoytheride
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:51 PM
I believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster

Bogey2
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:51 PM
:lol: you can take the Koran one Snoop!:eek:

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:55 PM
Koran posted is

43:54 Thus did he make fools of his people, and they obeyed him: truly were they a people rebellious (against Allah).

43:55 When at length they provoked Us, We exacted retribution from them, and We drowned them all.

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:55 PM
Koran 43:54&55

wow

dalpal
Aug. 10, 2007, 06:57 PM
Hey, if you are going to start a thread...how about leaving your posts...it's ridiculous when you start deleting everything.

I'm on another message board and people get banned for crap like this.

slc2
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:06 PM
I'm not sure i really blame her.

i think that everyone from time to time falls in love with a horse with a photo or video on the internet, regardless if it's appropriate mount or not. it's not like others don't do so. and as far as the truthfulness of the kid having a bnt and all that...i don't know how anyone here would know one way or the other. youngsters often come to internet bb's and claim such things, but it can also be true.

class
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:28 PM
as long as we are going to be quoting the bible nomi, i am going to have to go with luke 24:11 myself.

i'll save you the search: "But these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them"

Coreene
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:38 PM
Van Halen 1

Sister Margarita
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:47 PM
Maroon 5

Coreene
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:53 PM
KISS Alive

Sister Margarita
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:57 PM
Grateful Dead :D

dalpal
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:00 PM
:lol:LOL..you guys are so funny. :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I just get really annoyed when people start something, then delete their posts.

OH and
Areosmith ROCKS :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

cuatx55
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:13 PM
Well, despite the weird ending, I've learned a lot about this process.. I hope Naomi can take these posts to heart. She seems enthusiastic and i think everyone here was very helpful. And next time it would help to be more honest about things, I was a little suspicious but let it go. No harm done, but I may not respond to her. I've spent a lot of time writing in regards to her arabian gelding, but she seems to be focused on other horses at this time. I can't keep putting the effort when I don't know what to believe now.

DressageGeek "Ribbon Ho"
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
Is it too late to add:

Pat Boone in a Metal Mood?

Coreene
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:24 PM
Welcome To The Jungle

Sister Margarita
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:28 PM
Pass me a coconut.

Coreene
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:36 PM
Lady Marmalade

dalpal
Aug. 10, 2007, 08:55 PM
Hey I heard an old rock song on the radio the other day....
I always thought they were singing.."Do the funky lady":eek: but the host came on and said...that was "Dude looks like a Lady" :eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm 36 and just figured this out. :lol:

Dalfan
Aug. 10, 2007, 09:10 PM
and as far as the truthfulness of the kid having a bnt and all that...i don't know how anyone here would know one way or the other. youngsters often come to internet bb's and claim such things, but it can also be true.

It could very well be true, but do we need to know when she comes back from the crapper as well? :lol::lol:

I'm just saying - some of her posts/threads are very inconsistent at times.

43:55 When at length they provoked Us, We exacted retribution from them, and We drowned them all.

I like this one - fits well with my personality. :)

Sister Margarita
Aug. 10, 2007, 09:11 PM
[QUOTE=dalpal;2618223]Hey I heard an old rock song on the radio the other day....
I always thought they were singing.."Do the funky lady":eek: but the host came on and said...that was "Dude looks like a Lady" :eek::eek::eek::lol::lol::lol::lol: I'm 36 and just figured this out. :lol:[/QUOTE

You would not know then that Do The Funky Lady was a disco hit in the 70's. You were a mere tot. I however was the reining Disco Champion of Astoria, Queens, and I did my best moves to Do The Funky Lady. In fact, I was one.

Dalfan
Aug. 10, 2007, 09:12 PM
but the host came on and said...that was "Dude looks like a Lady"

The Aerosmith song. Not so old, what 25 years? What was old is new again.

BarbB
Aug. 10, 2007, 09:44 PM
I haven't read every single post.....what the heck happened?
Who was bad or mean or both?
You guys gotta learn...if you run everybody off this board, there will come a time when there is NO FRESH MEAT.

sheeeeesh

Looks like she did a thorough job of deleting :eek:
Isn't that the same poster who posted a video of her trying out a big WB mare?
That one went ok.....:confused:

Heart River
Aug. 10, 2007, 10:00 PM
I'll play -- I always thought that the Michael Jackson song said, "but Chad is not my son." That was the only part I (thought) I understood. My daughter just told me it's "but the kid is not my son."

I'm so old that I listened to all these songs on the radio of a 1966 VW Beetle. The quality was .. not so good. You kind of made up the words yourself, because who knew what they really were?

Sorry - this interrupts the discussion of whether Naomi is really thinking about buying a wacky-looking two-year-old to send to Holland to be trained. I do derive enormous enjoyment from make-believe.

egontoast
Aug. 10, 2007, 10:01 PM
Romans 125.30 (1)(a) (iii) Part IV:

She who, by the way, doth not even own a steed and hath not satteth upon a firey or non-firey steed for many many moons but clearly thinketh she Knoweth all and who excuseth her sundry and tawdry meanspirited and unfunny offerings

(here and elsewhere whilst trolling under various unimaginative usernames, rolleth eyes here, knees bloodied from kithing the hem of the craven idol's garment)

by claiming she is smiting bullies on the internet ,

is, (and so it is once again demonstrateth herein), the most gawdawful nastiest bully of all. :no:

And so sayeth the scripture so don't blame me for the run on sentence.:sadsmile: .

BarbB
Aug. 10, 2007, 10:06 PM
I'm so old that I listened to all these songs on the radio of a 1966 VW Beetle. The quality was .. not so good. You kind of made up the words yourself, because who knew what they really were?

:yes::yes:

Sister Margarita
Aug. 10, 2007, 10:12 PM
Romans 125.30 (1)(a) (iii) Part IV:

She who, by the way, doth not even own a steed and hath not satteth upon a firey or non-firey steed for many many moons but clearly thinketh she Knoweth all and who excuseth her sundry and tawdry meanspirited and unfunny offerings

(here and elsewhere whilst trolling under various unimaginative usernames, rolleth eyes here, knees bloodied from kithing the hem of the craven idol's garment)

by claiming she is smiting bullies on the internet ,

is, (and so it is once again demonstrateth herein), the most gawdawful nastiest bully of all. :no:

And so sayeth the scripture so don't blame me for the run on sentence.:sadsmile: .

say what?:lol:

Erin
Aug. 10, 2007, 10:23 PM
How about getting back on topic, please?

hitchinmygetalong
Aug. 10, 2007, 11:12 PM
Well, it's kind of hard to tell what exactly the topic is since the original post and all following post by the OP have been deleted! :winkgrin:

Suggestion: When one wishes to post a link to a video of a horse, perhaps one might save an immense amount of confusion by detailing exactly what one wishes to hear. That might save the rest of us a lot of unnecessary typing.

Commentatum.

dalpal
Aug. 10, 2007, 11:51 PM
Well, it's kind of hard to tell what exactly the topic is since the original post and all following post by the OP have been deleted! :winkgrin:

Suggestion: When one wishes to post a link to a video of a horse, perhaps one might save an immense amount of confusion by detailing exactly what one wishes to hear. That might save the rest of us a lot of unnecessary typing.

Commentatum.

No kidding, I don't even have a clue as to what the topic was about. People really shouldn't ruin threads by doing this just because they don't like something....think before you start the thread.

Dalfan
Aug. 10, 2007, 11:52 PM
say what?

I think she is getting this board mixed up with the "other" board she frequents. That's where the genuine nasties/meanies are.:lol::cool:

I am confused as well as to what the OP was looking for.

dalpal
Aug. 10, 2007, 11:54 PM
say what?:lol:

BAHAHAHAHAHA...my words exactly...Ego, care to explain that one. :lol:

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 11, 2007, 12:41 AM
I'm not sure i really blame her.

i think that everyone from time to time falls in love with a horse with a photo or video on the internet, regardless if it's appropriate mount or not. it's not like others don't do so. and as far as the truthfulness of the kid having a bnt and all that...i don't know how anyone here would know one way or the other. youngsters often come to internet bb's and claim such things, but it can also be true.

Moving right along I felt uncomfortable keeping this on here since the video was taken by a friend and I really should have asked before posting anyway. The filly amber is quite amazing! I thank those who truly are trying to help.

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 11, 2007, 12:42 AM
as long as we are going to be quoting the bible nomi, i am going to have to go with luke 24:11 myself.

i'll save you the search: "But these words appeared to them as nonsense, and they would not believe them"

Does that stand for Classy. It should very nice and thanks!

NOMIOMI1
Aug. 11, 2007, 12:43 AM
Well, despite the weird ending, I've learned a lot about this process.. I hope Naomi can take these posts to heart. She seems enthusiastic and i think everyone here was very helpful. And next time it would help to be more honest about things, I was a little suspicious but let it go. No harm done, but I may not respond to her. I've spent a lot of time writing in regards to her arabian gelding, but she seems to be focused on other horses at this time. I can't keep putting the effort when I don't know what to believe now.

My gelding is coming along great and thank you for your help.

Lancaster9
Aug. 11, 2007, 05:57 AM
Oh ye of little faith.... or possibly too much based on all those citations! Seriously, NOMIOMI, you need to understand that none of us were able to figure out what was "amazing" about this filly. If you want to be taken seriously (and I still think you deserve to be) you need to tell us a lot more. WHY do you think so highly of 'Amber'? What is it precisely that you like? Conformation points, temperament, particular gaits - what? Help us help you, help us help you!! And at this point it might help to give us an honest assessment of your riding background - how long have you been in dressage training yourself for instance? What level do you ride at? What are your biggest equestrian accomplishments? What are you NOT comfortable with? How old are you? What are your goals, both short-term and long-term? If you answer these questions than I think you'll find the board prepared to take you more seriously. Otherwise it just seems as though you are fishing for compliments. You see most of us think sending a horse to Holland and back for training is, well, extravagant to say the least. If you want a serious opinion about this horse's suitability, you need to tell us about the other half of the proposed partnership! So help us understand and don't just take offense and delete everything you've already said (though admittedly there are some sharks here waiting to make threads into Jaws-like entertainment for the masses).

Sister Margarita
Aug. 11, 2007, 10:26 AM
I would love to get back on topic, but it got removed.
I would love to see the video, but it is, alas, gone.
NOMIOMI:
I can only go on what I read in the replies, since you removed any opportunity for me to give you an assessment of your horse through your video.

One international young horse judge that I have looked at many young horses with will not look at a horse with its tail over its back, since those gaits are not reflective of the horse's real gaits. Instead, this judge waits for the horse to calm down to see how the back biomechanics are, and assess tension-free gaits, since that is what is real, what you want when you ride the horse. Reviewing the pedigree also gives some insight into the horse's family, their aptitude for training and competing, rideability, etc.

There is lots of information that could help you in your selection that would good for anyone you are asking for advice to know.

Yes, lots of posters are waiting to pounce and pontificate, but much of this advice I am reading is right on the mark. There are lots of people who sincerely wish to give you good advice. Removing your posts during that advice left those wishing to help in the dark, at best; and wondering if they were wasting their time, at worst. No one wants to waste their time.

Fallbrook
Aug. 12, 2007, 06:22 PM
:

OH and Areosmith ROCKS :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Are they still alive? ......as I sit here dreading the 11 hours of "Projekt Revolution" I'll be sitting through tomorrow. I promised to take my daughter......what was I thinking?

hundredacres
Aug. 12, 2007, 06:46 PM
How about getting back on topic, please?

LOL....where is the topic? It disappeared!