PDA

View Full Version : Jingles for Taylor's Mom ... Annikak adopted the colt! Jingles for Taco

mademoiselle
Jul. 15, 2007, 11:33 PM
I'm so crushed. The breeders/owners of my wonderful 4 YO stallion Taylor, offered to give me a foal this year.

I was really looking forward to seing Taylor's little brother or sister.

Well, things didn't go according to plan. Nokomis foaled all by herself in a field 4 weeks before her due date without any warning signs.
She had twins. The filly is not doing too bad, but she is still in critical condition. But the little colt is very weak and so far nobody knows if he is going to make it.

They are currently in ICU at Michigan State.

I will go to see them tomorrow. I hope the little guy makes it. I'm so sad, we all had big hopes for the baby after seing what Taylor can do.:no:

Reds-n-Greys
Jul. 16, 2007, 08:19 AM
Many, many jingles for mama and her babies from PA!

Please keep us posted.

tullyleague
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:18 AM
Sending jingles from Massachusetts.

ChampionMercedes
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:28 AM
Lots of jingles! I hope the little ones pull through. At least we know they are in good hands!

annikak
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:03 PM
ooohhhh... but remember, Priss was a twin- and she made it, albeit a bit smaller then she might have been.
And never forget, Auntie Annika can always have a foal here to take care of!:lol::lol: I can bottle feed with the best of them!

Too bad that was missed on the U/S. But jingles that all will be okay!

mademoiselle
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:28 PM
The filly is doing great. I saw her today and she is a sassy little thing.

The colt is still not out of the woods. He is improving slowly but he is still too weak to get up. He is just the cutest thing I have seen. He is adorable.

The vets are still very garded about the outcome, but he is a fighter, so.

Now, the other bad news is that the care is getting very expensive and the owners don't know if they will be able to afford many more days.

So, keep jingling.

I took some pictures with my phone, but I'm a dork and I don't know how to get them on my computer.

zagafi
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:39 PM
Many jingles for the little guys!

deltawave
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:43 PM
I could probably keep a baby at my place, too. My Shetland would probably even adopt another baby. :)

gr8fulrider
Jul. 16, 2007, 09:48 PM
Whatever a jingle is, you can have all of mine for the critters, the breeder, you, and the mare.

RBA
Jul. 17, 2007, 02:29 PM
Jingles for Taylor's mom!!! you are in our thoughts.

annikak
Jul. 17, 2007, 06:16 PM
jingles cont from my end...for MANY reasons! :-)

Noctis
Jul. 17, 2007, 06:33 PM
many many jingles for those sweet babies! (and the mum..and owners!)

Reds-n-Greys
Jul. 18, 2007, 03:53 PM
jingles, jingles, jingles!!! from PA

frugalannie
Jul. 18, 2007, 06:00 PM
I hope the little ones are doing well. I understand the breeders dilemma: one can spend tons of money on an ill foal, and it will never be right. But I hope they give the little guy a fair chance.

An older, maiden mare I had once gave birth to twins. Together, they weighed 100 lbs at birth: one 60, one 40. The smaller one was too tiny to nurse, so we took all three to the vet hospital where she got colostrum, fluids, and assessment. When they came home, she was still tiny and very ribby despite the mare having plenty of milk and getting extra bottle feedings. A well-meaning passer-by called the animal control officer to complain that we were starving a pony!

Anyway, she had plenty of spunk, and grew like a weed. Both she and her sister were doing very well, last I heard, as lovely show horses.

On another note, we just finished ultrasounding this year's (late) bred mare to rule out twins. Luckily only a single pregnancy, but it's possible to miss them, even with U/S.

I hope you keep us updated, and that they and the mare do well.

mademoiselle
Jul. 18, 2007, 09:47 PM
Well, here is an update!

The mare and the filly were ready to go home today, but the colt is still to weak.
He had to have surgery yesterday because he had a problem with his uraniry system and when they opened they discovered a little hole in his intestine.

The good news is that he was able to stand on his legs (with some help) twice today.

But the biggest news is that he has a new mom. Annikak adopted him !!!!!! He is hers.

She officially owns Taylor's brother. BTW, his name is Two Reasons :yes:

She will post some pictures I took at the vet clinic very soon:D

buschkn
Jul. 18, 2007, 10:04 PM
Annikak rules! Congrats! And continued jingles for the little man...

Whisper
Jul. 18, 2007, 10:14 PM
I hope he bounces back quickly, and that his sister and mom continue to do well. I'm so happy that Annikak was able to take him!

mademoiselle
Jul. 18, 2007, 10:22 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot.

We decided to keep mom and sister at MSU so Two Reasons can still bond with his mommy and get some 'fresh' milk:yes:

It's so weird, Nokomis (the mare) never spent a day in a stall since she was born. She has lived her entire life outside. And she has been cooped in a tiny stall for 4 days and seems fine with it.

She just wants to take care of her babies. When the colt stood up, she sticked her head in his stall and started licking him and talking to him.

Very cute

Go Time
Jul. 18, 2007, 10:42 PM
Best of luck to Mom and the little ones.
Well done Marjory.
Well done Annika.

annikak
Jul. 18, 2007, 10:55 PM
Actually, Ms MME is to be congratulated- as she brought the 2 of us together.

So, for now, Two Reasons is staying at State- and the breeders decided (very kindly) to allow the mare and filly to stay in the stall next to him. As MME said, she stuck her head over and licked him today- and that was all it took for all of us...its worth a shot to see if she will take him on once he is strong enough to stand. It's actually quite unreal to me!

So, I think this link should work- http://picasaweb.google.com/annikasvea/BabyT and then you can see his face.

Yes, he is still weak. Yes, he still needs intensive care. Yes, there are serious risks down the road. But so far his blood work has been quite good, nothing back on culture (day 2...and counting) Liver and kidney function appear to be good. Bowels, while not operating in what we normally call normal, are normal for a premie.

I have spoken to my vet here, my vet in NC, and called friends that "know more" then I do. I have asked 10 zillion questions. So, for now, its all hunky dory, and I am pretty amazed. (where is the fainting icon?) I was stopped by a vet that knows me at MSU, and she said that it's a good risk, and that he should be fine. Knowing her, that is good news for everyone. The breeder is being fantastic- they are picking up the boarding bill for the mare and filly to stay near the colt. So, Reason's mom is there- and how nice is that???? I feel its a win/win for everyone (2 reasons? get it??:cool:)

Excited? Yeah. Nervous? yeah. Better get my foal blankets back! :D

and yes...I do have amazing friends, and the most amazing tolerant husband ever. :sadsmile:

And my god, if...just if.... he turns out anywhere near Taylor? WOW!

ChampionMercedes
Jul. 19, 2007, 01:00 AM
Aww I'm glad to hear he has an awesome new mommy! I hope you guys keep us plenty updated! Still lots of jingles coming from up north!

PS: mademoiselle -- I sent you a PM, kind of a random one but reply if you have a chance!

goeslikestink
Jul. 19, 2007, 01:06 AM
i will send more jingles that all ar ook dokey and you

BBowen
Jul. 19, 2007, 07:11 AM
Congratulations, Annikak!!! What a little sweetheart he is. Sending jingles and prayers like mad for your colt. It is sure is wonderful that the breeders are doing what is best for the babies. I know it is a comfort for the colt to have mom and sister beside him.

EventingDreams
Jul. 19, 2007, 07:13 AM
I am so glad to hear all of this!! Congrats Annika and MME:) And those pictures are just precious, brought tears to my eyes. Great news that mom and sis are staying close by and that she has started to visit with him.

Sorry I missed the "scoop" phonecall, but I'm glad to hear it's all good news. Temp was just getting to leave MSU to recover from his Tie back surgery when the twins arrived there for their care. Small world to find out who the twins were!

Both of you keep us posted on their progress. Now Reason, Taco, and Temp all need to get healed up for eventing!

PalominoMorgan
Jul. 19, 2007, 08:10 AM
He is SO cute. Big jingles for the little man, his sis, and momma also.

BarbB
Jul. 19, 2007, 10:00 AM
Sounds like everyone is doing better than expected. That's good to hear.

annikak
Jul. 19, 2007, 10:48 AM
They are indeed!:D
Today, the cath is being pulled, the IV line D/c'd, and the O2 being weaned off. He is attempting to stand, and when helped, is up for several minutes- the mattress he is on, I bet, makes it hard for him. It's wobbly!
So, today is a big day for him! the vet said they have made "huge strides" in the past 12 hrs. Did he know he has a new mom????:lol:
I am going to see him this afternoon and will post an update.
Crossing fingers! AND bells on my toes!

Laurel&HollyFarm
Jul. 19, 2007, 11:12 AM
Annika you are the best! Congratulations on the colt. Jingling that he will be ok and be able to come home soon. And come to Tryon soon so I can meet him :D.

bigdreamer
Jul. 19, 2007, 12:07 PM
oh wow, those two 'belong' to you guys!?

I work at the clinic during the school year and my friend is still working there and the other day she got home and is like "WE HAVE TWINS!!!" and was all flabbergasted/excited about it.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!!! :)

frugalannie
Jul. 19, 2007, 07:00 PM
OMGiH!!! This is wonderful news!

Annika, you are the most openhearted person ever. Blessings upon you and your farm.

Mlle, you are also incredible to make this happen. And continued good wishes for teh filly and the mare, with thanks to the breeders.

Continued jingles for little "Two-fer". He clearly likes to snuggle. Who is that in the picture with him?

Reds-n-Greys
Jul. 19, 2007, 07:35 PM
OH WOW...this is the greatest story!!!

Many, many jingles for Two Reasons and his whole extended family:)

deltawave
Jul. 19, 2007, 07:36 PM
Who is that in the picture with him?

That would be AK herself. :)

frugalannie
Jul. 20, 2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks, DW. It's always great putting a face with a friendly COTH poster!

arnika
Jul. 20, 2007, 04:40 PM
Adding some belated jingles for Two Reasons and his new mom! How is he doing today? He is absolutely adorable in the pics. The very best of luck to him and his sister.:yes:

mademoiselle
Jul. 20, 2007, 09:37 PM
Last I heard (about 6:00PM tonight), he is now standing on his own like a big boy. No more IVs or Oxygen.
He has been re-introduced to his mom (the real one), and she seems ready to take him back.
The bad news is that his sister is a spoiled little brat and doesn't want to share 'HER' mama.

There are still some worries about his white cell count so, he still has to fight.

I'm sure Annika will give you more details:yes:

annikak
Jul. 20, 2007, 10:02 PM
So, there are more updated pics on the google web album page.

MME is correct- No O's, and sat-ing at 93% on room air. He has "met" his mom 2 times, and that has gone really really well! They will introduce them more often tomorrow. The vets think he will get the hang of nursing in the next 24 hrs. Then, hopefully by Monday they can share stall time!

Yes, there are still issues- but its really looking brighter. I think its a long road, but, so far, so good!

Scroll down to see the new pics. You can see him mom and sister, too. And yes, his sister does NOT share mom well!

http://picasaweb.google.com/annikasvea/BabyT

frugalannie
Jul. 21, 2007, 10:55 AM
Annika, he looks great! I love the "Mother and Child Reunion" picture.

Continued good luck. I think he looks very strong for a premie, BTW.

deltawave
Jul. 21, 2007, 01:34 PM
Is that big handsome kid NICK? :eek: Holy cow. And the colt is handsome, too, of course. :)

annikak
Jul. 21, 2007, 05:48 PM
He SO wanted to kill me when I posted that pic! But, since he was pretty much in the same state as this foal is when he was born, its a nice contrast! Weak, little, non-thriving little things CAN turn into strapping teenagers!
Last word was all is good on the Mom-Babies front. They have put them together a few more times today- things look good!:yes:

Okay, so this is about the colt and the mom, but I shall hijack for a moment. I am beginning to think that everything happens for reasons, some that we just plain and simple don't understand. I got very bad news on Taco the day that this baby came into my life- and quite simply, I am not sure I could have handled the news unless this guy came along. Even if he were not to be, there is some hope, some brightness that I am so very grateful for. Taco seems to be going blind in his right eye- no real reason, but there is a serious case of uveitis (oh...sp) going on- and this AM the vet noticed it has spread to his left eye. We still have hope, but in talking to a very wonderful ophthalmologist, his prelim career is most likely over, if not worse. So, I am thankful to this guy in so many ways....

LAZ
Jul. 21, 2007, 08:00 PM
Aw, Annika, I am so very sorry about Taco. If it weren't for bad luck he wouldn't have any luck at all.

mbj
Jul. 21, 2007, 08:24 PM
Jingling for Taco and the babies. It is so heartwarming to hear how everyone is working so hard to give the babies a good start.

deltawave
Jul. 21, 2007, 10:52 PM
Oh Annika, sweetie, I'm so sorry Taco's road seems to be getting rougher still. :( He (and all you've accomplished together) is one of the things I admire most about YOU, and YOU are one of the things I admire most about HIM. Doesn't make sense when I type it, but there you go.

And jeez, I had forgotten how very, very *pertinent* that picture of "little" :lol: Nick and the colt sitting together is. That colt BELONGS WITH YOU. A touch of destiny there, perhaps? :)

mademoiselle
Jul. 21, 2007, 11:59 PM
Hey Annika, Dr Kobe just left (Chance is pretty sick, we don't know what is wrong)and we were talking about Taco, she seemed optimistic :yes: I hope the new treatment will work better and that he will be fine.

I got some news from the colt by Kathy (she got a call from MSU) and it seems that everybody is doing well up there.

I'm thinking about you.

Jingle, Jingle ...

kookicat
Jul. 22, 2007, 07:12 AM
Jingles for both your boys Annika!!

And more jingles for Mom and little girl! (does she have a name yet?)

Laurel&HollyFarm
Jul. 22, 2007, 11:55 PM
Annika I am so sorry to hear about Taco. Dr. McDaniel in Campobello has some experience with uvietus (sp) because of our guy Mt Mitchell. Ironic as I understand Dr. McDaniel is having some problems with his sight at the monent. The University of North Carolina has actually developed an inplant (because of Mitchell) that will help reduce the pain. I am so sorry. We have blinkers around here some where that will help limit the light that he gets. Whatever we can do to help we will be more than willing to do. Uvietus sucks but Taco has you and together you might be able to overcome it.

I am so sorry.

Terry

Home Again Farm
Jul. 23, 2007, 03:48 PM
Hi guys, I am no eventer (but I have timed, jump judged and scored at events ;)). I am just posting to send jingles to the babies and kudos to all involved in saving them. The pics are wonderful and my money is on the little colt thriving and growing up to be something very special. :yes::D:yes:

arnika
Jul. 23, 2007, 04:51 PM
I'm so sad to hear the not-so-good news about Taco. Jingling for him too. The pics of the colt and his sister are soo cute. He's shaping up nicely. And good for mom for letting him nurse.:yes:

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 24, 2007, 10:35 AM
so sorry about Taco...sending lots of positive thoughts for him and the babies. The photos are great...too cute.

mademoiselle
Jul. 24, 2007, 11:06 AM
I saw the babies yesterday and they are doing great.

Reason is now spending 100% of his time with his mom and 'Hope' his sister. He is still slow on the nursing, he can't figure it out. He thinks he blongs with humans. He is ok with his mom, but thinks his real mom is Annika;).
The vets are still working on teaching him to nurse. If not, he will have to learn to drink the milk out of a bucket.

It's seems that his bloodwork is better and so, overall everything looks much better for his future:yes:

Keep jingling for Taco and if you have more energy, send a little jingle to Chance. He is my 'prelim' horse (he belongs to NMS on this board, but she is nice enough to let me play with him).
Well Chance, got Potomac Fever last week and he is currently in intensive care at Michigan State. The vets are very worried about him. Right now there is 30% chance for him to survive. He is not responding very well to the treatments and everybody fears that he will have laminitis.
I'm still on shock. It's hard to believe how fast things can go with horses.

I will go the MSU this afternoon. I will try to take pictures of the twins and keep everybody posted.

BBowen
Jul. 24, 2007, 11:39 AM
Adding Taco to the prayers and jingles. What a roller coaster. Just love the pictures of the Two Reasons, his mom and sister. Hugs.

bornfreenowexpensive
Jul. 24, 2007, 12:05 PM
Adding Chance to my thoughts as well. That just really sucks.

frugalannie
Jul. 24, 2007, 06:31 PM
Jingling like mad for Chance, Taco and the little ones.

TheOtherHorse
Jul. 24, 2007, 08:58 PM
more jingles for Taco, Reason, and Chance :(

mademoiselle
Jul. 24, 2007, 09:00 PM
Okay, I know it's going to sound like a bad joke, but my horse Ski broke his jaw today. He is staying at a lady's place to keep company to her horse and she called me because one of his teeth looked funny.

Well, the all bottom of his jaw is fractured and he needs to have surgery tomorrow.

I'm ready to just hang myself

mademoiselle
Jul. 24, 2007, 09:25 PM
Okay, I should give an update to everybody on the different horses :

Reason : he is doing great, he pulled his feed tube 3 times out of his nose last night and the vets decided it was a sign from him to say that he is ready to eat 'normally'.
He still hasn't mastered the nursing skill, but he is drinking out of a bucket (it's very cute to watch him :yes:). They are trying to make him very hungry to see if he will nurse. But he still thinks he is a human and when I went to play with him today he tried to nurse my jeans and was just so happy to finally have a human with him and not just the big brown thing and the little brown thing (his mom and his sister). He is so snob :D

Hope, the sister had to get an injection to help with contracted tendons and today her legs looked good again.

Chance is stable. His bloodwork is looking better and so far he is not showing any signs of diarrhea or laminitis. He is still in critical care but overall it was a positive day.

Ski, well Ski was very good with the vet and we will know better tomorrow after we take X-rays for his jaw. I have been around horses for 20 years and I have never seen anything quite like that :eek: It's really gross and it looks so painfull, Ouch.

deltawave
Jul. 24, 2007, 09:30 PM
Good heavens, bad luck coming in heaps over there! :( Glad to know that mini-Taylor is doing better. We saw some newborn calves being bottle-fed at the state fair today, milk all over their faces. Awwww! There isn't very much cuter than a foal, but a new calf comes pretty close. :)

Sending some NORMAL, HEALTHY vibes over to South Lyon and E. Lansing! :yes:

bigdreamer
Jul. 24, 2007, 10:50 PM
oh wow, jingling like crazy for you guys!

i asked my friend who works the night shifts to spoil your ponies rotten!!

catmchorse
Jul. 25, 2007, 01:04 AM
Well, they say bad luck comes in threes, so with three unlucky horses right now at least you can hope that you're done with the bad luck for awhile!

Goodness, that's just downright unfair. Jingles for all of your horses!

frugalannie
Jul. 25, 2007, 07:10 AM
My only experiences with equine broken jaws is that they seem to heal well on their own. However, they could have been quite different breaks thanSki's.

Jingling for your all your four-legged patients!

ravenclaw
Jul. 25, 2007, 08:49 AM
Okay, I know it's going to sound like a bad joke, but my horse Ski broke his jaw today. He is staying at a lady's place to keep company to her horse and she called me because one of his teeth looked funny.

Well, the all bottom of his jaw is fractured and he needs to have surgery tomorrow.

I'm ready to just hang myself
Have you set up a direct deposit from your bank account to your vet's bank account? ;)

I hope all of the horses will be okay, and that you are finished with bad luck for a while. You have definitely had more than your share!

eventer_mi
Jul. 25, 2007, 11:20 PM
Just tuning in here, and OH MY GOD. Many jingles your way...it HAS to get better soon! You and your babies are definitely in my thoughts and prayers...

bigdreamer
Jul. 26, 2007, 07:10 AM
jingling super hard!

someone tell that baby to stop getting sick!
and taco, and ski for that matter, but that baby is being just rotten! silly silly baby!

mademoiselle
Jul. 26, 2007, 09:34 AM
little update,

Chance is being released today :sadsmile::sadsmile::sadsmile:, He is feeling better and he needs a lot of TLC to come back a 100%. He is so skinny, he really look like a rescue case. I feel ashame to have him on my property:( There are having issues to get him to eat at the vet clinic and they hope that he will start eating more at home.

Ski had a successful surgery yesterday to fix his jaw, now he has braces, screws and wires in his mouth and in 4 weeks he sould have a nice smile again.

The twins have been quarantined yesterday. Reason had some 'bacteria' around his incision and and he could be nasty for the sick horses. They seem to be doing OK, I will try to learn more about them today.

Thank you for the support. It was a tough time for me. A real roller coaster. It seems that things are finally looking brighter:yes:. I can't wait to be done with July (in addition to the horses, my truck's engine died because a mouse lived in it and damaged a bunch of things, I hit a deer with my almost new car and almost totalled it, my daughter had to be rushed 3x to the ER and I got really sick myself ...). I'm done:eek:

Well, now time to keep jingling for reason and Taco. Last I heard Taco is not responding to the drugs as much as expected, but the left eye is now stable.

Laurel&HollyFarm
Jul. 26, 2007, 09:48 AM
You and Annika have really had the worst time. Here is jingling that all of your guys are 100% really soon.

Terry

NMK
Jul. 26, 2007, 10:30 AM
MME, thank you for taking such great care of Chance. You were on top of things from the very beginning and it saved his life, no doubt. Everyone who has ever known him was jingling and we are very grateful. Life has not been very fair to you lately! Is it Ok to jingle for a change of luck for MME? I think so!!

Nancy

mademoiselle
Jul. 29, 2007, 04:39 PM
Little update,

Thanks to the jingles from the COTH, it seems that things are finally looking better around South Lyon.
Chance is doing very well and Ski is slowly recovering from surgery.

BUT, Annikak still needs some help:yes:
Taco injured himself in his stall when she was gone (she is in Kentucky for the PC festival). He had to have staples and stiches put on his right hind (his good leg:() and he has some cuts everywhere. Nobody knows what happened. His eye is stable but no progress which is kind of disappointing because by now he should be better. He might need an other treatment.

The colt is now by himself at MSU. The breeders went to pick up the filly and the mom. The colt doesn't relate to them at all. He still has no clue that he is a horse, he likes humans better.
The colt is sceptic and blood test shows 4 kind of bacteria near the surgery incision. There was a big risk for his mom and his sister to be contaminated, and nobody wanted to take a chance.
He also started to show signs of pneumonia (its pretty common when they suck of a bottle or drink out of bucket and they are still weak and immature). Feeding tube is back on, for a couple of days.

So, there is a set back, but it seems that babies like him can bounce back pretty quickly, so let's just hope that he is going to keep fighting and will be released in a week.

Plan is to have him raised by Annika's 2 donkeys. You need to see those, they are priceless. I can't wait to take a picture of the reunion:D. Annika has some cool Donk' stories for everybody.

Pleassseeee Everybody, Annika needs major Jingles. She is feeling down (been in a her shoes last week and it sucks), so, jingle, jingle, jingle.

FoxChaser
Jul. 29, 2007, 05:25 PM
Come on Taco, enough hurting yourself!!! Please just give yourself a chance to do some healing for a change. Here's jingling for you :) Jingles for little Reason too. Hang in there Annika!!

mbj
Jul. 29, 2007, 05:36 PM
My Lord, Jingling like mad for all of you and your beasties!!!!!!

pegasusmom
Jul. 29, 2007, 06:49 PM
Jingles from NC!!

Sobriska
Jul. 29, 2007, 07:08 PM
Almost never pop in on this section. Sending UBER sized jingles for that little guy.
And jingling for Taco and Chance too.

Home Again Farm
Jul. 29, 2007, 07:09 PM
If it is any consolation, I had a filly that was rejected violently by its surrogate dam at birth (embryo transfer). She then got aspiration pneumonia and one entire lobe of her lung was solid. Next we faced clostridia. Then lactose intolerance. The first 3 months of her life was absolutely unnerving. But today she is three and a half, started under saddle and getting ready for her Hanoveian mare performance test. She is about 16.1, black with chrome, strong, healthy, smart and one would never know that her first few months were so dreadful.

I am jingling non-stop for the colt and for Taco!

deltawave
Jul. 29, 2007, 07:26 PM
Lord have mercy. Enormous healing and "things are looking" up vibes coming your way! :)

McVillesMom
Jul. 30, 2007, 02:59 AM
My thoughts are with you all! Hang in there, everybody - I hope things are looking up very soon!

mademoiselle
Jul. 30, 2007, 04:29 PM
The bad luck doesn't want to go away :mad::no::(

Nokomis (the MOM) and Hope (Reason's twin sister) are on their way to MSU. Hope is showing signs of colic and might need surgery.

I can't take it anymore ...:cry::no:

Jingles for the little one, I haven't spoken to Annika today, so I don't have any updates on Taco and Reason.

FoxChaser
Jul. 30, 2007, 06:38 PM
Between you all and Pegasusmom, there has been a whole lot to jingle for lately. Here's jingles for mom!! I hope the ride over to MSU takes care of the colic and that all is well. Keep us posted.

spacely
Jul. 30, 2007, 06:49 PM
Jingling in CA!:cry:

Home Again Farm
Jul. 30, 2007, 06:53 PM
Jingling like mad for all!!!!!!! :sadsmile::yes::sadsmile:

Lori T
Jul. 30, 2007, 08:02 PM
Oh my goodness! So much happening! Sending jingles like crazy from Florida!!

eks
Jul. 30, 2007, 08:23 PM
Sending jingles and positive thoughts to all of you from Florida.

I hope everyone is doing well tonight.

mbj
Jul. 30, 2007, 09:38 PM
JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE JINGLE!!!!!
And big hugs to the two footed! Sending serious healing vibes to all.

mademoiselle
Jul. 30, 2007, 11:00 PM
Last update on the filly (Hope) are not very good. They still don't understand what is wrong (blood test and ultrasound are good), but her condition is getting worse by the hour. She is not pooping but they have no idea why.

That's getting really scary.

On a good note, Reason is stable and they are talking about trying again to remove the feeding tube on Wednesday. The vets were very happy with him today.

What a roller coaster ride :(

FoxChaser
Jul. 31, 2007, 09:17 AM
Ugh!! Hang in there Mademoiselle! More jingles for Hope......

FatPalomino
Jul. 31, 2007, 12:12 PM
wow.
Jingles for the babies!!! How is Taco doing?

Laurel&HollyFarm
Jul. 31, 2007, 01:17 PM
Still jingling in South Carolina for Hope, Two Reasons and especially Taco! Hope they can stabilize that eye.

annikak
Jul. 31, 2007, 09:53 PM
was not too sure I even wanted to come home. I tell you what- bad news after bad news.

SO! What I know is this.

HOPE: Colic resolved very nicely. BUT- she has hock issues- as their joints had not mineralized. She will be a very nice brood mare and since not one bit of this is genetic, this is good news. At the same time, however, Sad for the breeders. They have been super the whole time.

Why I know this is- the vet called me today and asked me what I want to do (Here is where I am asking for opinions here...please. 9 days of camping and waking at 6 and falling asleep no earlier then 11 and then sleeping VERY poorly makes for poor decision making)

Reason will NOT eat. Period. They will challenge him tomorrow by skipping feedings- but he is still not that strong. First time he ate well, and when he got sick, it was fast and furious and so they want to avoid that. So, they have tried and he has flat out said NO.

Why this is an issue is this- the issue the filly had is one he will have too possibly. Shoud this happen, he will be a pet- and that is it. No riding- as the hocks just collapse/crush as they are not "hard" yet. They looked at him today, and he still looks okay, probably because he has been so weak and has not spent a great deal of time standing. Obvious is the need for X-rays- but...its not a final answer.

BUT- If he does not eat, Houston, We have a problem. I mean eventually we will feed him grain and all, but that is months away. At 70.00 a day min, (many days this adds up to be much more!) its adding up!. THEN, if the joints crush, this is one expensive little pasture guy. I KNOW I took a risk, and was prepared to spend the amount of money that the vets told me to expect, and added (much like building a house) another 1/3 onto that,;) but we have exceeded that already- the drugs are expensive to say the least. If entritis sets in...colic...well, any number of NORMAL horse nasties can occur.

So, what to do? The plan right now is to try the bucket tomorrow and I will be there for this- to bucket feed him, and get to know the precautions they are using (gloves, mask, gown, booties for at least a month once he is home.) I will discuss this tomorrow with the vets and come to a plan hopefully.

MME stated what she knows about Taco- and for the most part, she got it right!. :eek:No idea how he did it, but...he knocked out the entire outside barn door. Metal, in with 6 inch bolts- sheared the ends right off of 5 of them- and the entire frame was outside his stall. He must have gotten cast or something- as he got his "OTHER" leg- not nearly as bad, but got his stifle, too- and hip. Staples in his leg-and worse yet, my beautiful barn ain't so pretty no more- its missing a tooth! He did cut his face, but under his eye- so thank god on that one. Close enough to cause hearts to flutter. Yup- 2 vets on the farm in ONE day- Thank you VERY much.:(

As she said, his eye is stable- no real improvement- but not worse. MEds every 4-6 hrs- or as close as we can get them- Doxy, and Banamine. Still appears to sense light, and therefore is somewhat dangerous as if someone comes to his bad side and is not VERY vocal about it- a Taco moment occurs. Not so great.

My heart just hurts for him. Yet, I also want to throttle him. As my Marine dad said often....Shape Up or Ship Out! (I just cannot do that, I may sound fierce, but really am just not so much any of that!) Poor Poor Taco- my true once-in-a-lifetime horse. :cry::cry::cry: The entire thing just scares me. What is he trying to do?????

(as i read this over, I was thinking...what an idiot... for one who hates drama-trauma, taco is filled with it. then to add the colt? *I* did that, choose it, and put myself in this position. Taco has just been the Drama King of the horse sense for year. But what an amazing event horse he is...amazing. Oh to jump him again would be to have wings! Goodness! A bit much, eh?)

And have to add I am GLAD Chance is better and GLAD that Ski has a new, improved look! Plastic Surgery horse style!

annikak
Jul. 31, 2007, 10:01 PM
jingling super hard!

someone tell that baby to stop getting sick!
and taco, and ski for that matter, but that baby is being just rotten! silly silly baby!

INDEED!!!! Who is your friend??? Maybe she has some magic fairy dust????

slp2
Jul. 31, 2007, 10:17 PM
Oh Annika!! I thought I was having a terrible summer horse health-wise --but it is nothing compared to your situation. I don't have any advice on what you should do (I have never dealt with a foal--but it is just heartbreaking to see a youngster struggling like that). I just wish all of them would get better for you. Ugh. I'm so sorry. Jingling for ALL of them. :(

mbj
Jul. 31, 2007, 11:25 PM
Oh I am so sorry you have to make such a hard decision. Heartbreaking. Hugs and jingles.

Sobriska
Aug. 1, 2007, 12:01 PM
Jingling like mad for all of them

buschkn
Aug. 1, 2007, 12:23 PM
I am so heartbroken over what you are all going through. Just one tragedy after the next, I am so sorry. Jingling for everyone!

And Annikak, talk to the vets and be realistic about the colt. I know it would be awful to let him go, but to continue spending so much money and investing so much emotion and energy may not be in your best interests if he is going to have even more problems. I can't imagine he will have a very comfortable or fruitful life if he has crushed joints, but again I don't know much about it.

I guess what I am saying is that I hope things continue to look up, but don't beat yourself up to much if you get to a point where you have to call "uncle". You have been a saint and have given that baby many more chances in life than probably any other horse in the same situation would have been given. So sorry about all that you and Mademoiselle are going through. :(

tpup
Aug. 1, 2007, 12:28 PM
Just want to say I am praying for all of you...you are an amazing lady and Mommy. Jingles, jingles and more jingles and prayers from my whole family here for you. Hang in there.

olympicprincess
Aug. 1, 2007, 01:11 PM
My thoughts:
What buschkn said.

Sorry to hear about your Taco's struggles. Jingles.

bornfreenowexpensive
Aug. 1, 2007, 01:11 PM
I'm so sorry you have to make this decision...it is a hard one (with both horses). In many ways, I think the colt will make the decision for you. You have given him a great shot at life but I agree with buschkn....sometimes there are worse things then humanly putting a horse (or foal down). You will know what decision to make and do not second guess yourself or feel guilty....the guilt may hit later even when you have clearly made the right choice (it is human nature). Taco to me is the much harder horse....hopefully he will stop trying to kill himself and have a good quality of life.

moonriverfarm
Aug. 1, 2007, 01:26 PM
All I can say is I send prayers out to all of you, human and equine!

FatPalomino
Aug. 1, 2007, 05:25 PM
I hope Reason helps you make the decision.

I've pushed on with many expensive/ not guaranteed vet procedures, but only when the dog/horse was fighting too.
When we recently and finally lost our dog, after many comebacks, we just needed to hear from the vet that it was ok not to try again. I knew it was the right decision, because the dog just couldn't fight anymore, but I just *needed* to hear it.

mbj
Aug. 1, 2007, 07:25 PM
I am still paying off a $15000 bill for a horse who got colic the day I picked him up. We got lucky. Another OTTB got sick from who knows what and we finally euthanized him and I wish like crazy I had had the guts to put him down the minute he looked really bad, and saved him the last hours of pain. I have a 27 year old horse I will probably put down before he loses weight over the winter, while he is happy. That too will be very hard. Making the kind decision on a baby is doubly hard because they haven't yet had a full life. But if you decide to euthanize Reason, please know you gave him love and connection and care for the time he does have here, and that is perhaps the most important thing for all mammals. I doubt you can spare yourself the pain of loss of a loved one, because it sounds like you have bonded already. That is a good and very hard love. If his quality of life is pretty sketchy, or even if YOU are spread too thin to save everyone, please know you have already done a mitzvah (sp) and a miracle of love that cannot be undone whatever happens later. It is okay, tho very hard, to say, "Enough.
Sending support and jingles to you and yours.

frugalannie
Aug. 1, 2007, 10:45 PM
Oh no, Annika. You have the biggest heart in the world, and you just don't want to give up on any creature, large or small. But sometimes, the decision to let them go is doing the brave thing: it isn't giving up but releasing.

We all know that twins are a risky business in horses. In nature they don't survive. You have given Reason a chance: his own cellular makeup wil determine if he survives. I really hate to say it, but if he won't eat, his body is saying something loud and clear.

Hugs to you. And don't regret anything you have done or will do with Taco or Reason. Only you know the right answers, and what ever you decide, we've "got your back", as another thread put it.

mademoiselle
Aug. 1, 2007, 11:40 PM
Quick update on things (Annika is very, very tired), so I will keep everybody posted.

Reason is doing better today:yes::yes::yes:
I talked to Annika this morning and we tried to think about everything we could to come up with a solution.
A couple of phone calls later, I was on my way to the breeder's place and I took my first lesson on how to milk a mare :lol::lol::lol: YEP ... It was indeed a comical sight :D:D:D

We put the precious bottle in a cooler and off we went to meet with Annika at MSU. She spent a lot of time with the vets and the baby was ready to leave when we arrived. She gave me the update and we took over (with the breeder). He had drunk a little bit of replacement milk earlier, but was still being picky and didn't really like it.

The staff mixed his mom's milk with the replacement milk ... Et VoilĂ  :winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin: He drank the whole thing and took a big nap. Everybody was cheering, the vet, the techs and us.

It seems that his X-Rays are looking better than his sister's because he still spends a lot of time lying down. So, at least there is one good aspect about him being weak.

So now, we need to get the milk factory going (we have 10 broodmares to milk) to ship some milk to MSU. Is anybody bored on the BB ? We have a ton of cute babies to play with at the breeder. If anybody wants to improve their milking skills feel free to contact us:lol::lol::lol:

Reason is still sick, but if he eats his future is looking brighter.

And to add to the good note, Taco's eye looked slightly better today.

Everybody needs to keep jingling, it's working :yes:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We are going to stay in touch with MSU to try a new treatment on the filly. It might work and if it does, she might be rideable.

mbj
Aug. 1, 2007, 11:51 PM
Great news. Jinngeling for all!

ChampionMercedes
Aug. 1, 2007, 11:54 PM
You two could have a reality show on horse ownership! I'm glad things are starting to look a bit better. I can't believe the roller coaster you have been on! Still jingling for the twins, Chance, Ski & Taco!

FoxChaser
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:35 AM
Yay!!! Hang in there babies! Good luck with the milking and may the mares all be cooperative. Jingle, jingle, jingle!!!

annikak
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:35 AM
quickest of updates-

Last night went well- he drank the milk replacer all by himself- with a small amount of mares milk added. Seems the taste of the mares milk did the trick- neurons kicked in, and drink he did! Now the waiting begins to see if his pneumonia gets worse or what happens. Why he got sick before was because he aspirated his milk- hence not bottle feeding him. The xrays looked the same, but I am told there is a lag time on x-rays to catch up with clinical findings. He sounds better...thats good!

He is getting a wedge on his left hind as there is some malformation of his bones- BUT- it might not be the case as his bone have not mineralized totally yet. So, yes, its looking brighter today.

The decision we have come to is this. IF he carries his own, eats, does the normal horse/preemie/foal things, then he is good. IF he colics or gets sick as he did last weekend, we will just stop at that point in time, as its just too much for him.

That being said, he scampered to me yesterday, butted me, talked to me and yawned a lot! (I saw the back of his throat...kid you not!) We do have to establish some horse behavior rules soon- he may weigh 77 lbs, but he will get bigger and then...wow! So, his eyes are bright, happy and overall looks good. Of course I was in my sauna suit- double booties, gloves, gown, mask and hat...in 90+ weather in the barn which must remain closed due to MRSA precautions, but have to say it was worth it!

and as someone said, Taco is the harder, more complicated issue. I do believe the colt will tell us, or his future at least will indicate what to do, but Taco? God Knows.

Thanks everyone! You are the best--:sadsmile:

annikak
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:18 PM
;)Update- things are looking great!

Colt- He is drinking the replacer very well- AND got his new "shoe" on today. IF things go well, and he does not aspirate again, we are more then good to go! Oh such a happy baby moment. I did not spend time in his stall today- he was very tired after having his feet fussed with, so let him be.

TACO:D IF this works, it will be great. I guess I caught it really early- and even with the meds had developed small cataracts on both eyes. Since it was only the right eye that was involved for the most part, that was a surprise to me. Also that the cataracts devoloped even on the meds- well, this is serious. MSU has done this procedure only 2 times before, so Taco is the 3rd and the first that they are hoping will return to almost full vision (Happy dance anyone???)

SO- tomorrow afternoon he gets into surgery- they will inject a mix of a long, slow-release steroid, as well as an antibiotic. They know it can work for as long as 4 months, and quite possibly longer. He will need a note for any USEA/FEI competitions- but should be able to head back into work soon (even with his banged up back end- the one thing I know about him is keeping him in work and a program is key to keeping him sound and healthy. Time off is his devil)

At the mention of this, you can all imagine that I just sat there and cried. Right into his sweet face- as I just think I have been holding back everything just because is was just too much. For the first time, I have HOPE! Real honest hope. And quite honestly, I have not had much.

So, he comes home Sat, and should all go well with Reason (who I am calling Twist for many reasons!) might be coming home as early as Sunday!

So, all great news right now- and I am so happy!! Thanks for all the jingles everyone- they indeed are working

(and FA, I am SO not feeling frugle right now its making me sick!;))

RunForIt
Aug. 2, 2007, 08:27 PM
:) Annika, I'm hoping and praying for both of your boys; more so for you! :)

Sobriska
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:10 PM
Happy Tears right along with you.
Continued jingles.

FoxChaser
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:35 PM
:D Go boys, go!!!

eks
Aug. 2, 2007, 09:38 PM
Great news!

I have been thinking about you guys often. I'm glad the prayers and jingles are working!

CookiePony
Aug. 2, 2007, 11:37 PM
It's so great to read a hopeful update here. Keep up the healing, boys!

Laurel&HollyFarm
Aug. 3, 2007, 08:55 AM
Fantastic :yes: Here's jingling that things continue to go so well for the boys.

Terry

frugalannie
Aug. 3, 2007, 09:24 AM
Jingling for continued great news, Annika.

Frugal doesn't mean being cheap, BTW, it means allocating your resources to best effect, and not wasting. You are clearly doing that! You are getting positive results, and even if it doesn't work out in the long run, you have been making educated, wise decisions.

Good for you!

bornfreenowexpensive
Aug. 3, 2007, 10:18 AM
woohooo....crossing everthing that crosses for you and both ponies.

annikak
Aug. 3, 2007, 04:43 PM
ooookkkkkk....Taco out of surgery, pressures were a bit high at first, but all seems good now- will know more tomorrow AM.

The colt may be coming home tomorrow !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (said in a whisper to not jinx it!)

Wow!

Janet
Aug. 3, 2007, 05:11 PM
Good!

mbj
Aug. 3, 2007, 05:19 PM
Quiet little sneaky happy dance going with the jingles here in Unionville. JINGLE! JINGLE!

Prieta
Aug. 3, 2007, 08:35 PM
:eek::eek::D:lol::D:lol:

What an amazing thread! Congratulations on both of you! Mademoisselle and Annikak are terrific about horses! :D

Ohhh, I cannot wait to see Two Reasons soon! Where will Hope be? I truly hope that those babies will get turn for the better!

Hugs and Jingles from here in Wisconsin! :D

RunForIt
Aug. 3, 2007, 09:58 PM
:)...I am whispering this ...WOW!!!!!! :lol::yes::winkgrin: :cool:

annikak
Aug. 4, 2007, 06:15 PM
Everyone is at home, 2 trips so as not to pass along any sort of MRSA issues to Taco, and the baby hauled as well as can be expected! I rode in the back with him- Brenderups are a lot nicer to be in then the last trailer I rode in back was!
So, here are a few pics. Reason (twist) was not thrilled about leaving and just laid down. We had to carry him. So, now to make sure he eats and does all the important horse things!
Jingles carry the power!

RunForIt
Aug. 4, 2007, 06:25 PM
:) Annika, this is a COTH baby - I am so attached to him!

HOWEVER, please give Taco some carrots for me...so happy to hear that he's home with you - do hope to hear that his eyes are doing fine re: treatment. How's that damned ol' leg coming along? Have to say that your current horse "opportunities" have put my saddle frustrations into perspective. :yes: :cool: Go get some wine!

eventer4ever
Aug. 4, 2007, 07:06 PM
Jingling like mad from Michigan...I just moved here in April!

Sobriska
Aug. 4, 2007, 08:56 PM
Don't want this thread to get buried. Must keep up with the progress:)
Lots and lots of jingles~

frugalannie
Aug. 5, 2007, 07:51 AM
Congrats Annika and Mademoiselle. It is great to see how much Reason has grown already!

mbj
Aug. 5, 2007, 09:04 AM
He is such a handsome young man! Jingeling for all. Hope Annika gets some sleep!

FatPalomino
Aug. 5, 2007, 09:11 AM
the baby looks so good. Is it my imagination or has he gained weight since those first pics were taken! Good work!

Prieta
Aug. 5, 2007, 09:22 AM
The baby looks so cute! When I saw the picture of him laying down, I wanted to go down there and carry him to the trailer. So Cute! I cannot wait to see how he has grown and compare this picture to when he is bigger. :D

Jingles jingles!

annikak
Aug. 5, 2007, 10:37 AM
NOW i remember having a baby that nursed 'round the clock!:lol:

First night down- created charts to keep track of everything. So far, so good- he is looking better and better if you ask me! More quiet this AM then he was at 1 this AM, but I think its because we finally have rain. Was telling him how LUCKY I am to have his rain-making powers at home. So, far so good.

Run- I gave Taco carrots just from you. He nickered right back at'cha. Leg looks...well...as good as it can. the good news is that I will start riding him next week- which will help his brain. He has been Numbero Uno in the Barn and there are a few interlopers that are shaking his world. Need to reassure him that his place on the pole has not changed. When Reason (maybe Twisted Reason??? hahaha) got home, he had to go past Taco's stall (I have them at opposite ends of the barn for obvious reasons) and Taco made his Raptor Noise... Art just looked at him and said (under his breath of course) "Idiot." Yup. Taco is on fire! He can see...and its getting better by the hour!

Will post more pics soon- and thanks!

RunForIt
Aug. 5, 2007, 11:28 AM
:D I will send you pictures of MY leg (in 2000, a horse went over backwards with me - several times - and then did a dance on the inside of my right thigh - after all the surgery its just lovely - ha! - the damn thing is downright SCARY) - Taco's will seem fine then! :winkgrin: Remember its not how it looks, its about what the leg can DO! :cool: More carrots to Taco please. I DO love that baby horse- reason enough to come over to FENCE to school sometime soon. :lol: (once we get "the saddle" :( :yes:) Happier times are coming!

TheOtherHorse
Aug. 5, 2007, 11:35 AM
Congrats on the good news! Twist/Reason is too cute! :D

BarnBrat
Aug. 5, 2007, 01:48 PM
I'm so glad things are looking up! I've been following this from the beginning and I've been jingling like crazy! More jingles are headed your way!

Prieta
Aug. 6, 2007, 08:24 AM
:lol::D:winkgrin:

Send Taco more carrots from us! He is still the King.

Twist is a little darling who can use a lot of pampering from you. :)

ravenclaw
Aug. 6, 2007, 11:10 AM
GREAT news!!! :):):)

Reason/Twist has definitely grown and gained weight since the first pictures. I love the annoyed look and cocked back ears he has in one of the pictures. Looks like he might have a bit of an attitude! :winkgrin:

I hope all ponies continue to do well. Thanks for all the updates!

monstrpony
Aug. 6, 2007, 11:19 AM
OMGiH, what a little character!! So glad things are looking up in your world. I hope it stays that way! Continued jingles for Twist and Taco!

AppJumpr08
Aug. 6, 2007, 11:41 AM
Oh all very good news!!!
And what a handsome little man he is!! :D

Continuing to jingle up here in New Hampshire!

mademoiselle
Aug. 6, 2007, 12:00 PM
Yes, both babies are really sassy. I saw the filly 2 days ago and she is full of it.
She is running around her stall, bucking and just full of life and energy.

It is so nice to see that with a lot of hard work (and money) these two are going strong.

And yes, Reason is a very, very handsome boy. I can't wait to go to see him this week.

annikak
Aug. 6, 2007, 03:24 PM

more pics of him at home, and a small video, I think...should work. the young man in the pic is my son, who is 5' 8"ish to get an idea how big the colt is.
And no, we do not encourage him playing like that- but he is still learning. He LOVES the giggly-ball! The barn is a mess, but its funny when I am trying to clean and I hear it. When he hears me someplace else, he has this silly sounding nicker. We are putting up mesh door for him tomorrow so he can see out. THen, we are building a 1/2 wall for the stall so he can begin to socialize with the Donkeys.
What is REALLY funny is Doc, my new CANTER horse, who was an orphan from day 2, is scared to death of him. Not sure if its the smell or what ever, but its true horse-terror. Maybe the smell of the milk replacer brings back memories???
Taco looks good today- and has 2 3 lb Carrot bags that are given with COTH good wishes!:)

Prieta
Aug. 6, 2007, 09:59 PM
The video looks so FUN! The colt looks so vibrant and alive that I cannot help but laugh with sheer joy of him bouncing around. :)

Keep posting...please I'm hanging in there.

annikak
Aug. 9, 2007, 07:57 AM
Hi there!

So far, things have gone fine. He is a bright and bubbly guy. Still MSRA, its gloves etc. But he is drinking just fine, and his nickname at the hospital was Jaws, and it fits. For the most part I have caught him before, with great drama on his part (he is a comedian...loves an audience) but he has gotten my butt. In case anyone wonders, 4 baby teeth can hurt! I don't think its going to be an issue- as he is smart and gets that mom does NOT like that at all. As soon as the "all clear" happens, we will allow him to spend quality Donkey Time. It will be good for him. people do not make good playmates. And he wants playmates.

There is still some issues that are being addressed, such as his legs and there is still significant discharge from his abdominal wound. Will keep you posted on that, too.

I am just tired! But small term aggravation for long term benefits!

EventingJ
Aug. 9, 2007, 08:14 AM
How cute is he! so glad he is doing so well, he looks so spunky!

eks
Aug. 9, 2007, 03:12 PM
He looks amazing! What a huge change in such a short time...

He is a lucky boy to have you as his Mom. I'm also glad to hear that Taco is doing better.

annikak
Aug. 9, 2007, 08:07 PM
Sometimes I should keep my mouth (hands???) shut!

A quick trip to state today- the wound did need looking at- and caught it early before things got really bad, which means I got to bring him home. He is on more antibiotics- IM this time- at least 6 days. recheck in 6 days with more blood-work to check and see if he needs more. I did catch it early (Oh, I am finally listening to that inner voice!). Blood work looked GOOD- U/S showed some pathology in his lungs- knew that was probable- but the abdominal one showed that the infection is not into the abdominal cavity. This is good, very good. The not-so-good part was that the area has spread...but is contained. Does that make sense?

So, off of straw (I *hate* straw)- onto shavings- belly band, shots in his poor little gluts, but again, lucky guy. He is still MSRA positive. (Ugh).

They were SO happy with how he looked- honestly were. It was just wonderful to hear. Imagine that one week ago I was there with Taco!

Taco-Who is loving his COTH carrots, was checked 2 days ago and looks good. Not totally clear, but clearer then he had been. (Cartwheel icon???)

I am just profoundly grateful.

RunForIt
Aug. 9, 2007, 08:14 PM
I am just profoundly grateful.

we all are...:cool:

FoxChaser
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:48 AM
Nicely put RFI :) We'll all keep jingling for all we're worth!

mbj
Aug. 10, 2007, 07:56 AM
Thanks for keeping us updated. You must be exhausted! Jingling for rest for you and health for your boys!

Bensmom
Aug. 10, 2007, 09:12 AM
Thanks for taking the time to update us! Buzz says to tell Taco that there is such a thing as taking stuff Too Far. ;) It is one thing to keep mom busy with odd problems when everything else is calm, but . . . :eek:

Sending positive thoughts from Florida :)

libby (who is wondering where annika will find the energy *to* ride) and The Little Monster (who is still on vacation, mysteriously injuring some body part every time he should be ready to go back to work)