PDA

View Full Version : FEI champion?

olympicfuture
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:02 PM
What would you do if you saw the horse of your life?! What if he was everything you dreamed of?... black, perfect height, drop dead gorgeous, and sweet and as kind as an old soul? What if he had the most elegant and floating gaits? And he has scored in the high 70's his whole career?... You buy him and score as high as the moon. You win every show and you know no one has a chance against you, because you know your horse is a star, and when you ride him, you light the star up. What do you do? How should you feel, because your a Jr/Yr kicking professionals butts.?

Bogey2
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:13 PM
I guess I would join COTH and act obnoxious???

ferry
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:21 PM
I guess I would join COTH and act obnoxious???

:winkgrin: :yes:

lol Seriously, the point of this is?

Pony Fixer
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:25 PM
Is this for real???

drsgerider1
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:29 PM
I would learn the difference between your and you're, and then life would be *perfect*!

StarDoozer
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'd get me on a team to Hong Kong. :-)

Best of luck!

Kelly G
Jun. 23, 2007, 07:30 PM
I'd wonder what my actual worth as a rider was, without that horse, 'cos it would feel like a pretty hollow victory if I wasn't up to par, too!!!
Kelly.:winkgrin:

STF
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:06 PM
:) I LOVE hearing from the super stars out there! Tell us about yourself!

Dalfan
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:10 PM
You buy him and score as high as the moon. You win every show and you know no one has a chance against you, because you know your horse is a star, and when you ride him, you light the star up.

Sounds like your typical daydream/fantasy of a young one.

Luvmyappy
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:12 PM
I would get off my high horse!

STF
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:13 PM
Do you live in Texas??

canyonoak
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:29 PM
<<What would you do if you saw the horse of your life?! What if he was everything you dreamed of?... black, perfect height, drop dead gorgeous, and ...>>

well, I know we should not feed the trolls, but to borrow a line from "When harry met Sally"--

I'LL HAVE WHATEVER SHE'S HAVING!!!

LOL

TXDressur
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:41 PM
I'd get me on a team to Hong Kong. :-)

Best of luck!

That too!!! :):yes:

I'd want to know, where'd you find this amazing animal, how many arms, legs, and eye teeth did you have to sell to get this fabulous creature?? :eek::D

Caroline Weber
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:45 PM
What would you do if you saw the horse of your life?! What do you do? How should you feel, because your a Jr/Yr kicking professionals butts.?

I'd develop some humility and a sense of reality.

Luvmyappy
Jun. 23, 2007, 08:49 PM
Didn't you post "Heard of Ramano?"
I haven't heard of him.
How 'bout some lovely photos?

Dalfan
Jun. 23, 2007, 10:02 PM
Luvmyappy wrote;

Didn't you post "Heard of Ramano?"

Oh my. You are right.

Has anyone heard of the outstanding 5 y/o Romano. He is a black Hanoverian by Rotspon with the bloodlines of Donnerhall, Absatz, Pik Bube, and all his dams, ect. are State premiun mares. He scores 9's all gates? Supposingly outstanding?

I think we should feel embarassment for you. Obvious, you need the attention since you wrote the above about this wonder horse, who no one seems to know. :eek:

We must have pics/vid to believe your claims.

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 23, 2007, 10:10 PM
:( Guys

Either this is a girl who cannot afford her dream horse so if daydreaming- how many of us havent- albeit not in a public forum

or she does have a lovely horse

I think its the former and frankly I am sort of sad for her, not being sort of mean about it, esp if it is a JR rider :no:

dalpal
Jun. 23, 2007, 10:35 PM
Just for argument's sake...if this IS actually nonfiction material.

To the OP.....

I know a fabulous young rider with a fabulous horse to boot. You know what makes her really special.....she doesn't have to go around telling everyone how great she is.....when she rides her horse, people see how great she is.

She is a super sweet kid and humble as well.

Those who talk a big game, usually have no game.....just FYI.;)

olympicfuture
Jun. 23, 2007, 11:23 PM
The Open Division Reserve Championship went to Christian Hartung riding Christiane Noelting’s 4 year old Hanoverian gelding, Romano, with 71.129 percent. Christian is working as Christiane’s assistant before returning to Germany for college. Romano, who has a “very level-headed attitude despite his young age,” according to Christine, sold after the show to a teenage girl who will continue showing him.
All I was saying is maybe dreams can come true if you believe in them and know you have a chance.

Eq3nStar
Jun. 23, 2007, 11:36 PM
What do you do? How should you feel, because your a Jr/Yr kicking professionals butts.?
You should feel REALLY fortunate and take advice from the other posters and try also to learn to be humble. There is ALWAYS another horse as nice or nicer and ALWAYS another rider who has more skill or tact or is just having a better day. You might need the help of some pro whose butt you are "kicking" and even the best of them might be hard pressed to help someone who comes across as a snotty nosed brat. :no:
Count your blessings and your sound horse while you can. ;)

olympicfuture
Jun. 23, 2007, 11:42 PM
I know all of that and BTY this is not a story about me... don't be so harsh! I know a gal like that, but she is not a snobby brat, she is so nice. I was just wondering what other people think. Because to me my horse is the most precious and valuable thing in my life! I could never do anything to hurt him.:) okay!

olympicfuture
Jun. 23, 2007, 11:47 PM
Omg... I know all of that and BTY this story is not about me.. don't be so harsh...its about a gal I know who is actually the kindest and sweetest girl ever. To me my horse is the most valuable and precious thing in my life. I couln't do anything to hurt him!:) okay!

GreekDressageQueen
Jun. 23, 2007, 11:53 PM
Do you live in Texas??

:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, the horse you described is "His Highness" and he is dead now. Too bad you won't be able to ride him through the Dairy Queen anymore. Something I do often because my horse does a perfect half-pass to and from the window.;)

Tell the tooth fairy to find another picture to put under your bed. :D

olympicfuture
Jun. 24, 2007, 12:25 AM
what are you saying? I don't understand?

dalpal
Jun. 24, 2007, 06:57 AM
:lol::lol::lol:

Seriously, the horse you described is "His Highness" and he is dead now. Too bad you won't be able to ride him through the Dairy Queen anymore. Something I do often because my horse does a perfect half-pass to and from the window.;)

Tell the tooth fairy to find another picture to put under your bed. :D

LOL.....would like fries with that shake. :lol:

Sounds to me like we have some kids playing virtual horse barn and someone has found a picture of His Highness to add to their virtual stable.

Cold Spring Farm
Jun. 24, 2007, 07:27 AM
The Open Division Reserve Championship went to Christian Hartung riding Christiane Noelting’s 4 year old Hanoverian gelding, Romano, with 71.129 percent. Christian is working as Christiane’s assistant before returning to Germany for college. Romano, who has a “very level-headed attitude despite his young age,” according to Christine, sold after the show to a teenage girl who will continue showing him.
All I was saying is maybe dreams can come true if you believe in them and know you have a chance.

After reading this post, at first I thought you were the rider of this horse (and you are going off to college in Germany) and were posting this in the stead of the teenage girl who acquired him.

THEN I realize.....YOU are the teenage girl who now owns Romano. Is this correct?

If so -- I wish you both a long and happy partnership and that you may learn much from such a wonderful creature, an animal and a simple soul who is not in this for the press or the admiration of many, and who has no goals or agenda's of his own, but does what he is asked simply to please his rider. I hope you both do well by one another!

Cooper
Jun. 24, 2007, 12:37 PM
Best of luck to you Natalia, he is a very nice horse.

merrygoround
Jun. 24, 2007, 12:49 PM
I'd be real careful about my attitude until I had trained another horse from start to finish at GP. Then I might begin to think I've learned something. Might!

:lol: :lol:

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 24, 2007, 01:26 PM
Natalia Bonavito is said to be the owner on USDF- I wonder what her story is- age, show background, she is a member of CDS. :)

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 24, 2007, 01:36 PM
Was bored so got some stats

Rider: Natalia Bonavito
Level showing Romano: Up to first 4
Scores: mid 60's to low 70's
Age of rider: around 14, lucky girl :)

Reiter
Jun. 24, 2007, 01:50 PM
You are very lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!
At your age I was riding other people's horses because I couldn't afford my own! Did it make me a better rider? Yes! Did it build character to have to work hard for everything I got? Yes! Would I have loved to switch with someone like you? In a heartbeat!!!!!

Cold Spring Farm
Jun. 24, 2007, 01:52 PM
Those of us now up into the multiples of 14 KNOW (through much experience!) that nothing teaches humility better than a horse! So -- you might have just the teacher you need. Natalia -- I expect that you will learn much.....and perhaps the greater lessons will be gained on the ground!

It is one thing to be excited and happy about your good fortune in acquiring such a wonderful horse....and quite another to talk about knowing that no one can touch you and you will be kicking some serious professional butt.....(I think the OP was something to that effect!) and that is actually quite unbecoming. That is not the type of talk or behavior that wins you friends or admirers.

Best of luck on your journey......

TXDressur
Jun. 24, 2007, 01:57 PM
Apparently all of you ignored Olympics' follow-up posts.

THE STORY IS NOT ABOUT HER, IT IS ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE.

WhatzUp
Jun. 24, 2007, 02:17 PM
What would you do if you saw the horse of your life?! What if he was everything you dreamed of?... black, perfect height, drop dead gorgeous, and sweet and as kind as an old soul? What if he had the most elegant and floating gaits? And he has scored in the high 70's his whole career?... You buy him and score as high as the moon. You win every show and you know no one has a chance against you, because you know your horse is a star, and when you ride him, you light the star up. What do you do? How should you feel, because your a Jr/Yr kicking professionals butts.?

Hello,

I googled this because I was curious ... I found that Romano was
reserve in the CDS Open Futurity class at the 2006 California
Dressage Championships. He scored a 71.129 ...

Does anyone here know what the "Open Futurity" class is ?

It is not an FEI class but I am wondering is it scored like the
FEI 5 and 6 year old classes or are they scored like First Level,
Second Level etc. ?

Yours in sport,

Lynn

CDS Open Futurity
1 Tanya Vik / Frederik / 71.532%
2 Christian Hartung / Romano / 71.129%
3 David Wightman / Wellcome S / 69.758%
4 Kathleen Raine / Mantika / 69.677%
5 Nick Wagman / Uforia / 68.952%
6 Karen Ball / Louvre / 68.306%
7 Carolyn Adams / Winterdance / 68.145%
8 Sundi Prechtl / Fortunata / 67.581%
9 Ludger Thole / Royal Prinz / 67.500%
Chemaine Hurtado / Windemere / 66.613%

STF
Jun. 24, 2007, 02:17 PM
Well they must be from Texas! *sigh*

WE have adopted a new saying...... you know the old movie/saying "All Dogs go to Heaven"

Well in Texas its "In Tx Riders are FEI quality"...... really, ask them!!!!
;)

Eq3nStar
Jun. 24, 2007, 04:19 PM
Apparently all of you ignored Olympics' follow-up posts.

THE STORY IS NOT ABOUT HER, IT IS ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE.

riiiiight
"Um, Doctor- my FRIEND says it huts when he pees..." ;)

STF
Jun. 24, 2007, 05:07 PM
Lynn -
Futurity classes are normally Training and 1st level classes.

Pony Fixer
Jun. 24, 2007, 08:21 PM
riiiiight
"Um, Doctor- my FRIEND says it huts when he pees..." ;)

Well I have to say I am confused about who is who, since half the posts are in first person and half in third person.

Bad form if this is Natalia (the braggin' part). But, since she's 14, I will give her a small amount of slack if she comes to her senses and clears this all up.

STF
Jun. 24, 2007, 08:54 PM
Bad form if this is Natalia (the braggin' part). But, since she's 14, I will give her a small amount of slack if she comes to her senses and clears this all up.

You mean age means more sense???? :lol:

Touchstone Farm
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:05 PM
Well, I'm always happy for the owner of a new horse, but...I'll be really impressed when the horse scores in the 70s "his whole career" when he's older than four! Honestly, in my book, scoring in the 70s at Training and First Level isn't an indication of an "olympicfuture." : - ) Just look at the USDF year-end awards for eons...70s seems to be the norm.

Pony Fixer
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:06 PM
Did that not come out right? I meant since she's 14, and therefore MAY be lacking in the sense category, she may not a)realize it's bad form to brag on oneself in such a manner, and b)may not realize that we can/can't figure out who she is.

Am I as clear as mud?

Maybe she should just get on here and clarify, regardless of age.

Pony Fixer
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
Oops, STF, I just got your joke. You'll have to excuse me, I'm not from Texas, and it shows! :lol:

But my SIL/BIL just moved there, so maybe that will make me smarter.

slc2
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:09 PM
A teenager doesn't need a dream horse to accomplish appropriate goals. Young people can learn what they need to learn and go a very, very long way without having a 'dream horse'.

A typical fantasy of an inexperienced person; that by having a specific horse, they will 'kick butt' and 'show everyone' and this horse will make them ah...well as famous as you can ever get in dressage and get the.....the admiration, respect, awe, the hangers on, groupies tagging along and hanging on their every word, or just the humiliation of the local training level divas who snubbed them - whatever they crave.

It's not that easy. People buy lovely horses all the time. They don't win. In fact, in many cases, it is the start of a big mess. I just went to look at a 'dream horse' bought for a teenager. She had him for 3 months. She fell off when he scooted a little bit, he did that because he was only getting worked once a week or less and he's a young horse and you can't just ride them when you feel like it.

She just couldn't put in the effort required - YEARS of daily work, most of it with a trainer, being SCREAMED at, working one's tail off....to catch up to a horse like that, learn all the levels, none of which she had ever ridden, she had never even learned to sit a trot on an active athletic young horse....what a wakeup from that little old dream.

IT doesn't work unless it's a person who has what it takes - a kind of dogged persistence, the ability to work at something every single day with a kind of single-mindedness and direction and focus few adults, let alone teens, have, someone imperviousness to the slights and disappointments that make others fall apart, someone who can take a lesson every single day of the week and not go running around crying that the trainer is 'mean'.

Sad but true, most of those 'dream horses' don't work out. It just requires so much of a person and is so much pressure and so intense...someone who does things for these reasions (see first paragraph), instead of the desire to train well, to ride well - every day

olympicfuture
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:33 PM
Wow! Actually you guys got it all wrong. I was just wondering how other people thought of the conversation. I have heard of people who have bought their children horses $100,000 or more and it didn't work out. All I was saying is for some people what if there was a perfect horse and a perfect rider? What if their was a Jr/YR or AA rider kicking butt? I don't know where you got all the stuff about about Natalia on Romano, I had just heard of Romano who was up at Christiane Noelting's place a while ago. I saw him and loved him, but I already had a horse. So I'm so sorry I wasted everybody's time on something we all took in a different way. :):):)

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:36 PM
Olympicfuture- the reason those kids dont form a relationship/success with that $100,000 + horse is that all too often only competition/ribbons/awards matter to them. They dont take the time to bond.

Horses are not windup toys, they have a mind, a soul, a heart. Please, always, respect them and hold them as a creature of glory.

olympicfuture
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:42 PM
OH! Don't worry I do I love my horse so much and I wouldn't do anything to hurt him. Horses are such flawless creatures and deserve the world.:)

Nomoreusernames
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:48 PM
Young lady, you have wa-y-y-y too much time on your hands.

Equibrit
Jun. 24, 2007, 09:50 PM
Wake up and be late for work again!

olympicfuture
Jun. 25, 2007, 12:25 AM
I don't understand why everybody thinks I'm soooooooo young... even though it's nice to know I seem really young. huh?

STF
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:42 AM
I don't understand why everybody thinks I'm soooooooo young... even though it's nice to know I seem really young. huh?

Well....... how old are you?

danosaur
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:44 AM
umm... hun FYI, it's not a good thing if they think you're really young.

Denali
Jun. 25, 2007, 10:12 AM
If I had a horse like that...

I would gather all my grit and determination, because no matter how nice the horse... you can't make it without a fire in you to keep you working your @ss off.

AllWeatherGal
Jun. 25, 2007, 10:13 AM
Does anyone here know what the "Open Futurity" class is ?

It is not an FEI class but I am wondering is it scored like the
FEI 5 and 6 year old classes or are they scored like First Level,
Second Level etc. ?

Yours in sport,

Lynn

Open Futurity is a CDS class in which young horses are nominated for participation.
Horses may not have shown above 1st level.
If ridden by a pro (open) may not be older than 5 (as of the preceding Jan 1)
If ridden by an ammie, may not be older than 6.

The class is judged as a USEF "level" class and is somewhat on the order of 1st level.

It's reasonably prestigious and has a nice purse some years.

A woman with whom I am friendly has a super-lovely horse at Christiane Noelting's barn, which has more than its share of Very nice horses. Christian is on his way back to Deutchland to continue his education after this season.

You may remember our OP here as also starting a thread about Winterprinz a month or so ago. She seems to have a preference for blacks, but does have nice taste :)

Eq3nStar
Jun. 25, 2007, 12:02 PM

Because most of your posts read like some 12-year old free associating and switch between first and third person (or at least imply first person). And because reading all of the other posts from you in other threads it appears you are desperately seeking affirmation or at the very least attention which is decidedly UN-adult behavior. We all love drop dead gorgeous talented horses and riders and typically will "ohh and ah" about them on our own without being prompted to do so. :)

slc2
Jun. 25, 2007, 12:30 PM
For some reason, these youthful, or youthful sounding questions seem to raise some people's ire here. I'm not sure why. The same people would have a fit if someone reacted the same way to them, say, to their questions about more advanced work that they aren't familiar with and have never done...or to levels of riding they aren't familiar with, such as the world cup, olympics, national level, regional level, local recognized, etc.

Youthful questions, whether from young people or not, mean the person has a lack of information and experience. That's ALL they mean - they don't mean the person is stupid, or anything of the sort.

Young people and inexperienced dressage riders all lack certain fundamental concepts, and these all come out of a lack of experience.

What is the best Sire in Germany?

There is no best sire in Germany, or anywhere else. There are many leading sires with high dressage indexes (Successful offspring). Even among the top stallions, there is a lot of variation, and each type is not 'best' - each type has its strengths and weaknesses. A compact type may collect easily, yet not have a lot of scope. A long, scopey type may have fabulous extended gaits but less of a piaffe and passage - and BOTH types have won internationally, because the tests test MANY skills of the horse, not just one. A horse with a weak piaffe can STILL get great scores on that area of the test because the transitions count so much in the score, for example.

In truth, for about 99% of people riding dressage, whether they win or lose won't have anything to do with the balance or talent of the horse, but solely to their ability to ride an accurate, obedient, flowing, rhythmic test. about 90 % of the tests ridden in the USA today are ridden at BELOW first level. And most people never go beyond that level. They don't need a 'dream horse' to succeed at what they're doing, and they never will.

For the people who will advance, it will be YEARS of riding decidely NOT dream horses - starting out on one would be the biggest mistake they could make. The first horse - maybe a quiet small horse they show training level on locally. The next horse - a second level 'schoolteacher' they learn lateral work on and ride at training and first level at shows, quiet and not too sensitive. The next horse, a schoolmaster if they can afford it, or a greenie they'll train, maybe, to second level. That's where most people stop. For the few who continue, perhaps now a 'schoolmaster' trained to 4th level, they'll lease or own for a year or two or three. NExt....and it goes on and on and on, with variations based on the pocket book and the time available and the person's nerves.

For the pro candidate, it may mean years of stall cleaning and the occasional ride on rough youngsters while apprenticing to a series of local, and hopefully, as time goes on, more and more advanced, professionals, if they earn a position with each one, each one giving a little more knowledge and responsibility, but paid for with many long days and many tears. The pro candidate often avoids buying a horse like the PLAGUE - as she has limited funds and knows very well, that she's in no position to handle a 'dream horse', and won't be for a long time.

The pro candidate recognizes a very important concept too, usually, which is, she wouldn't know a dream horse if it came up and bit her on the ***, and she better save her money til she has more experience and more skill.

Fantasy of getting the best horse?

The 'best horse' for most people, for most of their riding, is decidely NOT the best horse in the world. That's for a long, long way off, probably never, for 90 % of people, even for many ambitious people, they will never even be able to ride 'the best horse'. He may have such huge, gigantic gaits that the person can't even have a supple enough back to follow him, or further, to even influence him correctly, despite years of exercise, rolling on inflated balls, doing yoga, or whatever other 'program' is the vogue these days. He may be far too energetic and fiery to suit the amateur who rides one horse a day, and may be solely the province of a professional with nerves like steel, who LIKES to fly rockets.

SillyHorse
Jun. 25, 2007, 12:45 PM
If they read this thread, the Majikal Gypsie Vanner people will finally understand that it's not breed prejudice when we have little patience for outlandish claims of accomplishment. We're equal opportunity skeptics. :yes:

ShowMeTheGlory
Jun. 25, 2007, 01:00 PM
damn, you people are rough.:no:

slc2
Jun. 25, 2007, 01:09 PM
if the kid was 5 yrs old, i'd say, 'well, i think don schufro is a very pretty horse, which one is YOUR favorite, honey, do you like white ones better or brown ones?'

once they get to be teenagers, yiou can, in fact, talk to them at least somewhat like you would adults. they are, neurologically speaking, a little further along.

Policy of Truth
Jun. 25, 2007, 01:28 PM
Wow! Actually you guys got it all wrong.

You may want to consider why so many people "got it all wrong". Could it be the way you began your adventure on COTH? Your posts come accross as somewhat bizzarre. I'm not sure what you're hoping to find/accomplish by the ones I've read. The most sensible post by far was asking about top stallions, but even that seemed odd...you asked it on the Dressage Forum instead of the SHB Forum, and you didn't clarrify regarding best in what?

I'm not trying to be snarky, but did you honestly think the way you began here was a good way?

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 25, 2007, 01:33 PM
Perhaps she could have introduced herself briefly, then proceeded to write comments before imbarking (horrible spelling I know) on writing what apparently is becoming a semi-controversial thread.

I just want to speak for all junior riders that most of us (and perhaps the OP as well, when not showing herself in this light) are very modest riders, many with only average horses. We are dedicated to our sport, and have to contend with school and a part time job. Not all of us are competing at the top levels. We are the kids mucking out stalls, working at Arbys, saving birthday money, all for our chosen sport.

Thank you

Brady'smom
Jun. 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
You didn't provide any specifics, just a 'what about' with remarks that are designed to provoke curiousity if not a snort of disgust from most on this board -- who is this wonderhorse and wunderkind, and kicking butt where??? Then you throw in a few gushy comments along the lines of, 'oh gee horses are SOOOO absolutely flawless and wonderful and wouldn't it be heaven if we all had pink butterfly wings and cotton candy breeches with chocolate knee patches?...." Horses are NOT flawless, neither are people.

Sorry, but when you don't provide specifics and basically tease the people who for the most part on this board serious riders/trainers/horsefolk, you are asking for questions and inciting suspicion.

When you left out details, specifics, names, experience, and opened with a post such as you did, I too thought it sounded like the breezy in-print dreams of a young teenage girl.

Speedy
Jun. 25, 2007, 01:45 PM
I think it sounds pretty boring. If I knew going in that I would win, always, because everything was so flawless, well, I don't think I'd bother. There has to be some challenge in it for me. That's what I love about horses, actually - the fact that they have minds of their own, moods of their own, their own physical issues - lots of things that make each and every ride a challenge, often for completely different reasons.

Policy of Truth
Jun. 25, 2007, 02:09 PM
Perhaps she could have introduced herself briefly, then proceeded to write comments before imbarking (horrible spelling I know) on writing what apparently is becoming a semi-controversial thread.

I just want to speak for all junior riders that most of us (and perhaps the OP as well, when not showing herself in this light) are very modest riders, many with only average horses. We are dedicated to our sport, and have to contend with school and a part time job. Not all of us are competing at the top levels. We are the kids mucking out stalls, working at Arbys, saving birthday money, all for our chosen sport.

Thank you

I think most YR's are more like you...at least the ones I have met. Don't worry that we would put you all in the same category :)

twnkltoz
Jun. 25, 2007, 02:18 PM
When I was a youth, I was much like Farnfield_dressage, although I was riding saddle seat at the time. I had very average horses, trying to compete against girls with $$$$ horses in full-time training. When I did win, I was modest and very, very grateful! It meant so much to me. I wouldn't change a thing, although if someone handed me a $$$$ horse, I certainly wouldn't turn it down! I'd sure have motivation to learn and catch up with him, though.

I think the OP was just dreaming and inviting us to dream along with her, and hardly worth ripping her apart over it. It's so easy to misinterpret the poster's intentions. But then, I guess we're having the same argument as we did in the "ok" thread...some people think it's ok to rip someone apart for being ignorant or not stating themselves well, and other people don't.

Nomoreusernames
Jun. 25, 2007, 02:33 PM
With the multiple repetitive posts, it seems to me, more like attention seeking behavior coupled with boredom. (spoken thoughts of a veteran teacher)

europa
Jun. 25, 2007, 02:41 PM
And did you catch her well informed follow-up thread on the HJ forum.....what gives with this?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Why jumping? Whats so fun and why are we addicted?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you even a horse person asking questions like this......I smell a troll.

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:01 PM
Thank you for the kind remarks.

I do not smell a troll (one would think the smell would be quite strong :) ), However, I do feel like maybe we have a JR/YR here who has not been handed many good opportunities and is not yet able to make lemonade out of lemons.

I feel that even if one has an uuber fancy horse, one has to be able to have the determination and skill to ride that horse. And no horse will ever be perfect. If you get used to high scores, woe is the day when you make a mistake, and get a low/er score. The key is how your attitude reflects that score. Good sportsmanship is important, especially in a team sport like dressage. You and your horse should be a team.

I do have a very nice horse, a tb. However many times we score high, I know that my mom is to thank (for helping me fund this journey), my employer (Arbys) and my horse and trainer as well. I may have the determination but without those wonderful souls in my life, it would be much, much harder. I also know that when we get a low score, it is usually (and always lol) my fault, never anyone else's.

The lesson learned? While some riders have huge amounts of money, fabulous horses and trainers, the final score and outcome of all of this, depends on them, and their attitude,

FD

cheekyhorse
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:03 PM
With the multiple repetitive posts, it seems to me, more like attention seeking behavior coupled with boredom. (spoken thoughts of a veteran teacher)

THis is what I think of this too. Typical of young teenaged girls......

twnkltoz
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:46 PM
FD, Arby's was my first 'real' job (after poop scooping)! I think I was 15 when I started there. That was many moons ago now! :)

twnkltoz
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:47 PM
I agree. I generally respond to this sort of behavior by ignoring it, which I did until 3 pages of nastiness went by.

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:49 PM
FD, Arby's was my first 'real' job (after poop scooping)! I think I was 15 when I started there. That was many moons ago now! :)

LOL, thats how old I am :) Gotta love it. Im not a fan of their food, which is good, otherwise Id be a blimp :eek: LOL

Ghazzu
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
Thank you for the kind remarks...

(Further thoughtful remarks from FD trimmed.)

You, my dear, are a perfect example of the difference between a rider and a horseman.

The latter sometimes seems to be an endangered species.

egontoast
Jun. 25, 2007, 03:53 PM
A teenager doesn't need a dream horse to accomplish appropriate goals. Young people can learn what they need to learn and go a very, very long way without having a 'dream horse'.

A typical fantasy of an inexperienced person; that by having a specific horse, they will 'kick butt' and 'show everyone' and this horse will make them ah...well as famous as you can ever get in dressage and get the.....the admiration, respect, awe, the hangers on, groupies tagging along and hanging on their every word, or just the humiliation of the local training level divas who snubbed them - whatever they crave.

It's not that easy. People buy lovely horses all the time. They don't win. In fact, in many cases, it is the start of a big mess. I just went to look at a 'dream horse' bought for a teenager. She had him for 3 months. She fell off when he scooted a little bit, he did that because he was only getting worked once a week or less and he's a young horse and you can't just ride them when you feel like it.

She just couldn't put in the effort required - YEARS of daily work, most of it with a trainer, being SCREAMED at, working one's tail off....to catch up to a horse like that, learn all the levels, none of which she had ever ridden, she had never even learned to sit a trot on an active athletic young horse....what a wakeup from that little old dream.

IT doesn't work unless it's a person who has what it takes - a kind of dogged persistence, the ability to work at something every single day with a kind of single-mindedness and direction and focus few adults, let alone teens, have, someone imperviousness to the slights and disappointments that make others fall apart, someone who can take a lesson every single day of the week and not go running around crying that the trainer is 'mean'.

Sad but true, most of those 'dream horses' don't work out. It just requires so much of a person and is so much pressure and so intense...someone who does things for these reasions (see first paragraph), instead of the desire to train well, to ride well - every day

:no: AW, try to be more supportive of a young person's dreams and love for dressage. I mean, what would Chrissy say?

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
(Further thoughtful remarks from FD trimmed.)

You, my dear, are a perfect example of the difference between a rider and a horseman.

The latter sometimes seems to be an endangered species.

I do not know whether to blush madly or hug you :lol:

and on a serious note, what a shame it is:no:

I think we need to institute more horsemenlike programs in parts of the country. I recently saw a young rider compete her horse in a Friday show, a saturday/sunday show, AND a monday show all in one week. The horse was noticably "off" and in an unpleasent mood-I dont blame him one bit. I often wonder how the situation would differ if there was a pony club section around here.......

olympicfuture
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:04 PM
I am sorry for my post. ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU ALL TOOK IT ON THE WRONG WAY:mad:!!! I just wanted to know what other people would think of the situation... would you be jealous?... impressed?... or couldn't believe it? And about my post with Romano...it was only a question, I was wondering who he was because I heard about him and how great he was. I JUST WANT TO GET EVERYTHING STRAIGHT I'M NOT NATALIE :mad: AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS UP WITH ALL OF YOU AND THIS WEBSITE... omg:mad:

olympicfuture
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:08 PM
OH, and with the jumping issue I posted, well guess what.. I know all of you thought you knew everything about me but... NO!!!!:mad::mad: I jump too. I love horses and I ride! Got a problem with that??????!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

hitchinmygetalong
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:12 PM
For some reason, these youthful, or youthful sounding questions seem to raise some people's ire here. I'm not sure why.

Still wondering?

olympicfuture
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:18 PM
I so agree. What is the PROBLEM? They are just questions... who cares if they sound like a 12 y/o. People here are so caught up acting like I sound like a little nosed brat they don't realize who they sound like... maybe people with NO lives or NO sense of humor! I was wrong about this website. I thought it was a place where you could talk about anything to do with horses whether it sounds like fantasy or not!:D

Equibrit
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:24 PM
Maybe you'd enjoy this website more; http://www.mockery.org/notmensa/

Nomoreusernames
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:26 PM
Oh boy...we seem to have an issue here. Now we need to help. How can we help you?

slc2
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:27 PM
And does you reacting exactly like the same sort of brat make what they are doing any better?

Calm down.

Now. Did you read anything anyone else said, or just paint us all with the same brush and decide we're all evil because a few people took you the wrong way?

Let me tell you something about human nature. Most people - they never really grow up. At 20, 30, 40, 50, they're still acting like they're in cliques in junior high, and the new kid is well....the new kid. But if you've had to go to a new school any time in your life, or break into a new group of kids, you know how to do it...kinda take it easy at first, introduce yourself, be laid back, friendly to others but not coming on too strong or saying too much at first. It works.

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 25, 2007, 09:40 PM
OlympicFuture-

I think you seem like a person who was perhaps taken in with misgivings, and perhaps is nowhere near how people have viewed you. However, you responded above in an inappropriate way. If people accuse you of acting childish, handle the matter in a mature way. Ignore the naysayers, and work to improve your image.

All the very best
FD

Policy of Truth
Jun. 25, 2007, 10:51 PM
I am sorry for my post. ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU ALL TOOK IT ON THE WRONG WAY:mad:!!! I just wanted to know what other people would think of the situation... would you be jealous?... impressed?... or couldn't believe it? And about my post with Romano...it was only a question, I was wondering who he was because I heard about him and how great he was. I JUST WANT TO GET EVERYTHING STRAIGHT I'M NOT NATALIE :mad: AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT IS UP WITH ALL OF YOU AND THIS WEBSITE... omg:mad:

Hon, when you type something for the world to see, you have to take responsibility for what you write. Blaming the readers for not understanding what you may have meant to say is not helping. Making mistakes is not wrong...but placing the blame on others for your mistakes, well...is wrong, not to mention immature.

If you want to play on a website that is ok with your style/behaviors, there are plenty out there; this one is more for serious riders/trainers/breeders/owners. That's not to say you can't have fun, but maybe step back and observe the style and the expectations of the posters here.

Liz
Jun. 25, 2007, 10:56 PM
I really feel sorry for the girl who owns this horse...to have his name and hers attached to these absurd posts.

Olympicfuture - why not identify yourself so this poor girl and her horse don't get identified and drug through the mud with you.

wishes4horses
Jun. 26, 2007, 12:44 AM
Maybe you'd enjoy this website more; http://www.mockery.org/notmensa/

I HAVE FOUND MY HOME! Thank you, Equibrit. :sadsmile:

mbm
Jun. 26, 2007, 01:18 AM
gawd.why cant folks just be nice for once? why do some of you see trolls everywhere you look?

to the OP - dont take it personally - so many folks here dont understand asking questions.... they must think they know it all - because people that ask a lot of questions are generally labeled "young" or "a troll"

and as for your original questions..... that person would indeed be a lucky girl and a good rider to boot!

:)

egontoast
Jun. 26, 2007, 05:01 AM
Yes be nice, people, channel Chrissy!:):):):):):)

NewAlternative
Jun. 26, 2007, 06:13 AM
Who's Chrissy? (sorry! confused!)

STF
Jun. 26, 2007, 09:30 AM
OH, and with the jumping issue I posted, well guess what.. I know all of you thought you knew everything about me but... NO!!!!:mad::mad: I jump too. I love horses and I ride! Got a problem with that??????!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad:

This is WHY people know your so young.
;)

Dalfan
Jun. 26, 2007, 10:02 AM
I thought it was a place where you could talk about anything to do with horses whether it sounds like fantasy or not!

Try the UDDB board. Much more tolerant and nice over there. :)

Eq3nStar
Jun. 26, 2007, 12:19 PM
I am sorry for my post. ITS NOT MY FAULT YOU ALL TOOK IT ON THE WRONG WAY:mad:!!!

So let me get this straight. If I go to school and the teacher stands up in front of the class and tells us all something and then we get tested on it and we ALL FAIL, somehow it's OUR fault that WE didn't understand what the teacher said?
Communication it a two-way street. If your message isn't being received or if it's misconstrued then it's YOUR responsibility to correct it. Not have a tantrum that just lends more credence to the belief- whether mistaken or not- that you're at best an attention seeking kid and at worst a troll. If you're really intent on playing on this BB and would like to have mature discussions and perhaps learn something then it woudl be a good idea to start over.

GreekDressageQueen
Jun. 26, 2007, 09:59 PM
Communication it a two-way street. If your message isn't being received or if it's misconstrued then it's YOUR responsibility to correct it.

:yes::yes::yes:

Are we having fun yet? This thread made me laugh so hard my Dilly bar fell off the stick. Now I have to go get another one.

Eq3nStar
Jun. 26, 2007, 11:40 PM
OOH- Dilly bar! I want one now! Shame on you! :lol:

horselips
Jun. 27, 2007, 12:19 AM
This sounds exactly like a girl I gave a a couple of riding lessons to about 6 or 7 years ago. I felt sorry for the girl, who was horse-crazy, and after she and her mom kept coming around, I put her on my old school-master. Yeah, I know: Gullible.
She was 11, and a total beginner.

To make a very long story short, her family, who scammed a bunch of people in this county, disappeared from the state. Her mother stole a nice cc saddle and a bunch of other tack from our barn. Also countless video tapes, and horse books. They made off with about $3,000 various stuff and bounced checks, unpaid bills. LOTS of people and the authorities looking for them.

About a year after their vanishing act, the then 13-year-old girl, started posting on the UDBB. Posting kind of to taunt me I guess ("neener-neener! we got your stuff!"), and would post absurd things like how she had an 18hh 3yo who was trained to 3rd level and could jump 4 feet. And that her family had a 40-stall boarding barn and all kinds of hallucinations. Her family knew nothing about caring for horses; the girl could barely halter a horse. She'd post magazine scan pictures of high level show horses and say they were hers. Real pathetic. :(

Anyways, she'd go on UDBB and post questions just like this. When I realized who it was, I'd call her on it; she'd stamp her little cyber-foot and have a tantrum (like the display above), denying it was she. But she was a horrible speller (because her family moved around a lot she never went to school), and she was too dumb of a kid to realize her spelling and other little clues gave her away.

This girl sounds just like her. Identical types of posts, responses, tantrums, etc.
Except the spelling has improved. I'd hope so. She'd be about 17 by now.

I have heard her mother and brother both died of a drug overdose.

Hope this isn't her. She has got to have plenty more issues now than she did then.

reidsporthorses.nz
Jun. 27, 2007, 12:30 AM
aw, geez 'lips- i remember all that on the UDBB ..... hmmmm...

see u at x
Jun. 27, 2007, 12:57 AM
This sounds exactly like a girl I gave a a couple of riding lessons to about 6 or 7 years ago. I felt sorry for the girl, who was horse-crazy, and after she and her mom kept coming around, I put her on my old school-master. Yeah, I know: Gullible.
She was 11, and a total beginner.

To make a very long story short, her family, who scammed a bunch of people in this county, disappeared from the state. Her mother stole a nice cc saddle and a bunch of other tack from our barn. Also countless video tapes, and horse books. They made off with about $3,000 various stuff and bounced checks, unpaid bills. LOTS of people and the authorities looking for them.

About a year after their vanishing act, the then 13-year-old girl, started posting on the UDBB. Posting kind of to taunt me I guess ("neener-neener! we got your stuff!"), and would post absurd things like how she had an 18hh 3yo who was trained to 3rd level and could jump 4 feet. And that her family had a 40-stall boarding barn and all kinds of hallucinations. Her family knew nothing about caring for horses; the girl could barely halter a horse. She'd post magazine scan pictures of high level show horses and say they were hers. Real pathetic. :(

Anyways, she'd go on UDBB and post questions just like this. When I realized who it was, I'd call her on it; she'd stamp her little cyber-foot and have a tantrum (like the display above), denying it was she. But she was a horrible speller (because her family moved around a lot she never went to school), and she was too dumb of a kid to realize her spelling and other little clues gave her away.

This girl sounds just like her. Identical types of posts, responses, tantrums, etc.
Except the spelling has improved. I'd hope so. She'd be about 17 by now.

I understand her mother and brother both died of a drug overdose.

Hope this isn't her. She has got to have plenty more issues now than she did then.

That is so sad...with a family like hers, it sounds as though that kid never even stood a chance. :no:

Abberlaze
Jun. 27, 2007, 10:46 AM
To the OP: A PM is on its way...

I think we need to institute more horsemenlike programs in parts of the country. I recently saw a young rider compete her horse in a Friday show, a saturday/sunday show, AND a monday show all in one week. The horse was noticably "off" and in an unpleasent mood-I dont blame him one bit. I often wonder how the situation would differ if there was a pony club section around here.......

I just have to say how much I LOVE being in pony club. I joined this fall after floating around a few show barns because I'm not that competative, but I do want to learn to be the best partner to my horse that I can be. It's wonderful! I signed up for my first rally...and first of all, there are safety checks before every phase to make sure that we have the right tack etc. There's also a turnout check at the beginning of the rally so that they can grade us on how clean our turnout is. And not just wehther we sprayed Show Sheen all over the horse to make him shiny, but for dandruff and other signs showing daily care. :yes::cool::D:):yes:

...I'm going to ignore most of the other posters. Her OP doesn't bother me, but I do see how it seems out of place in a forum such as this. I PMed her with a suggestion for another horse forum where I think her fantasies may fit in better.

Auventera Two
Jun. 27, 2007, 11:31 AM
I think olympicfuture is Theo - trolling about.......

slc2
Jun. 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
his spelling mistakes are different than that poster's

Farnfield_Dressage
Jun. 27, 2007, 11:49 AM
Lol re: Theo....

all this controversy from 1 post

evermore
Jun. 27, 2007, 11:59 AM
Wow, olympicfuture has a lot of anger. I'm thinking she might be a girl (22 yo) that I knew from coastal NC that keeps her poor pony at Magnolia. If not, it's sad there's more than one out there.

Perhaps MySpace is a better web site for her ;)

Anselcat
Jun. 27, 2007, 12:43 PM
...wouldn't it be heaven if we all had pink butterfly wings and cotton candy breeches with chocolate knee patches?...."

Still :lol: at the image this brought up (it includes a magickal GV, of course!)

Brady'smom
Jun. 27, 2007, 01:21 PM

Let's get to the core of this debacle --

olympicfuture, what would YOU do?? How would YOU feel??

This sort of information will help us figure out where you hope to go, and see if we can aid you in getting there. Seriously.

This is not to OP -- Anselcat, you made ME laugh - of COURSE I had an image of an MGV in mind, but what would you think of an MLP?? (my little p*ny - pink,purple, green, you pick!)

Brady'smom
Jun. 27, 2007, 01:38 PM
One more thing, olympic - if I recall, as a greenie here at COTH I made between 20-30 posts before I was even acknowledged by another poster let alone replied to on a genuine question. It may have been just the luck of the draw, but I tend to think that many here take our horsemanship very seriously. We like to get to know people before answering them, to see if they are being frank and earnest (no pun meant on the cartoon, I'm showing my age....) and deserve our time to reply because they are truly seekers on the road to equestrian wisdom. It takes time and sensible posts before you establish yourself and your reputation - once you have that, you can make the odd flakey/humourous/off-the-wall posts, but not too many.

Harumph...(tugs lapels of jacket while looking down nose in a most serious and gruff manner while those around on BB break into loud chorus of 'Tradition' from Fiddler On The Roof) ;););)

workinprogress
Jun. 27, 2007, 02:21 PM
My horse was once a tall dark and handsome 5 year old dream horse with lovely gaits, bought for a 15 year old girl who wanted to learn dressage. Three years later, when I bought him, he was a frightened, disillusioned boy with completely shattered confidence. After bouncing from sale barn to sale barn, someone saw his potential and convinced the owner to sell at a reasonable price to an AA who would take the time to bring him around. After 3 1/2 years of consistant, constant work with a good trainer, we are now bonded in a way I never knew was possible, we showed sucessfully - not setting the world on fire by any stretch of the imagination - training and first, and are now planning to go to our first schooling show at second level next month. Sorry to be long winded, but the point is, the three years before I had him left scars that will never truly heal. So, while I am grateful to have him in my life (I would have never been able to afford a horse of his caliber otherwise), I don't wish that misfortune on any horse.

Auventera Two
Jun. 28, 2007, 12:07 PM
This sounds exactly like a girl I gave a a couple of riding lessons to about 6 or 7 years ago....<clip>

Wow, your story sounds so similar to a girl who posted for awhile on the HGS forum. She posted pictures of a black Saddlebred mare and claimed it was a purebred Arabian imported "from Arabia." And she talked about how her family shipped thousands of pound of pure Arabian sand from Arabia and covered their pastures in it so the horse would feel right at home.

Well, she got outed because the photos she posted had the photographer's signature on it, and someobdy contacted the photographer who verified that it was a black Saddlebred show mare.

dalpal
Jun. 28, 2007, 03:26 PM
Wow, your story sounds so similar to a girl who posted for awhile on the HGS forum. She posted pictures of a black Saddlebred mare and claimed it was a purebred Arabian imported "from Arabia." And she talked about how her family shipped thousands of pound of pure Arabian sand from Arabia and covered their pastures in it so the horse would feel right at home.

Well, she got outed because the photos she posted had the photographer's signature on it, and someobdy contacted the photographer who verified that it was a black Saddlebred show mare.

ROTFLMAO......Oops :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anselcat
Jun. 28, 2007, 04:36 PM
And she talked about how her family shipped thousands of pound of pure Arabian sand from Arabia and covered their pastures in it so the horse would feel right at home.

I covered my pasture in tons and tons of freshly minted quarters, so my QH would feel right at home. Did he ever say thank you? NO he did NOT.

SillyHorse
Jun. 28, 2007, 04:39 PM
Anselcat! :lol::lol::lol::lol::yes::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Mozart
Jun. 28, 2007, 04:47 PM
That sort of begs the question, what should I put in my pasture to make my Holsteiner feel more comfortable??

SillyHorse
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
Hint: Moooooooooo!

Sandy M
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:03 PM
That sort of begs the question, what should I put in my pasture to make my Holsteiner feel more comfortable??

Oh come ON...so obvious... the appropriate kind of dairy cattle. ROFLOLPIMP!!!!

Should I put out... apples, for my App(le)oosas?? Or perhaps, buffalo, to make him feel at home (on the other hand, he is a great-grand-nephew of Seabiscuit, so.....now what?)

twnkltoz
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:06 PM
I can't afford sand from Arabia. Can I dig some up at the river or something, or will she know the difference? I don't want some chick on the internet's horse to be loved more than mine.

class
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:19 PM
i couldn't afford all that sand for my arab either twnkltoz, so what i do is just wear my robe and turban when i go out to get him so he thinks he is still in arabia.

GansMyMan
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:30 PM
class, we have the same method. I put on my pink floppy hat with the extra large sprig of greenery and frilly dress, so my horse feels just like he's back to the races. When he gets too rambunctious I spit some of my mint julep in his general direction.

AllWeatherGal
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:31 PM
i couldn't afford all that sand for my arab either twnkltoz, so what i do is just wear my robe and turban when i go out to get him so he thinks he is still in arabia.

Oh ... the IMAGE!!!!!

I know what your costume is for this Halloween!

GreekDressageQueen
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:41 PM
ROTFLMAO......Oops :eek::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: OMG - this is funny! If I covered my pasture in clover for my Irish horse he would probably founder or colic. I would have to find the magic Fairies that live in Ireland to come and sprinkle magic dust on his hooves. His hoofs would turn pink and sparkly and he would start to do piaffe and passage with pure joy over his pink feet! Can we wake up now? :winkgrin:

Jupes
Jun. 28, 2007, 05:53 PM
I covered my pasture in tons and tons of freshly minted quarters, so my QH would feel right at home. Did he ever say thank you? NO he did NOT.

I mostly lurk, but that was just too damn funny, Anselcat!!

Policy of Truth
Jun. 28, 2007, 06:17 PM

Well, if you had used DIMES, he might have been a bit more appreciative...sheesh!

:winkgrin:

Rhiannonjk
Jun. 28, 2007, 10:52 PM
Maybe the quarters need to be ground up for a more suitable footing?

melodiousaphony
Jun. 28, 2007, 11:36 PM
I'd hope to hell I was a good enough rider to enable him to perform up to his potential. You could give me a GP horse, but I can tell you this, I'm not a GP rider.

And then I would dream of being good enough to take a horse from start to that level myself, and not just hope to master my aids well enough to ride such a made horse but to make such a horse.

Until then, I'm grinding quarters ;) Though without any quarters left, I guess I'll never get my laundry done.

PiaffeDreams
Jun. 29, 2007, 12:07 AM

Hablo en espanol para mis caballos de pura raza espanola.... pero no comprende mas? :no: por que necesito vaca y matador tambien :winkgrin:

Luvmyappy
Jun. 29, 2007, 12:40 AM
Where did Olympicfuture go?
Hello?

Bats79
Jun. 29, 2007, 06:55 AM
:yes::yes::yes:

Are we having fun yet? This thread made me laugh so hard my Dilly bar fell off the stick. Now I have to go get another one.

Please PLEASE explain. I MUST know what this is. :)

Kate66
Jun. 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
....You buy him and score as high as the moon. You win every show and you know no one has a chance against you, because you know your horse is a star, and when you ride him, you light the star up. What do you do? How should you feel, because your a Jr/Yr kicking professionals butts.?

I would:
1. feel very lucky
2. thank my incredibly rich parents for indulging me
3. realise that I had bought a horse that could win the ribbons and hand't brought the horse there myself
4. feel a little embarrassed knowing that all those professionals riding their horses that they had most likely brought up through the ranks and had sweated buckets to train, were looking at me knowing that my parents had spent a ludicrous amount of money to buy me my ribbons

Having said all of that, I would love riding the horse, but I would aspire to getting a horse to the same level myself without it starting out there when I got it.

evermore
Jun. 29, 2007, 09:52 AM
A Dilly bar is an ice cream bar on a stick. Does sound like an odd thing with that name, huh?

eggbutt
Jun. 29, 2007, 10:31 AM
Reading this thread has livened up a hot, boring Friday morning at work! Thanks for all the posts! Keep it up! :lol::yes::lol::yes::lol::yes:

Loff, loff, loff the references to "my little pony"! Thanks for the memories!!:yes::yes::yes:

Auventera Two
Jun. 29, 2007, 11:22 AM

*snort* Tea went all over the screen with that! :lol::lol::lol:

Auventera Two
Jun. 29, 2007, 11:31 AM
Please PLEASE explain. I MUST know what this is. :)

You don't know what a DILLY BAR is???

Oh honey.

It's a bar made out of dillies. Duh! :rolleyes:

*laugh*

WBLover
Jun. 29, 2007, 03:52 PM
Loff, loff, loff the references to "my little pony"! Thanks for the memories!!:yes::yes::yes:

Memories, schmemories--I've got a 5 year old daughter and she's got about 20 of them, and 5 different adventure sets to play with them in!! Her room looks like MLP's threw up all over it!! I'm just waiting for the day that daddy says we can finally buy her a REAL pony so we can get rid of them!!!

Carol O
Jun. 30, 2007, 04:25 PM
Okay, I admit I just skimmed the first few entries and then went tot the last page to respond, so maybe this has all been said already.... Anyway, enjoy every day, because one day may come when your horse pulls a tendon or ligament and requires months off, and then is just coming back when does it again.... I hope this doesn't happen, but please, enjoy every moment for what it is, because this too will pass.

Bats79
Jul. 1, 2007, 12:48 AM
Dily bars sound like they would be a hit in Oz. Except for them falling off the stick when you laugh. Could end up in sticky places. :)

Surviving the Dramas
Jul. 2, 2007, 02:43 AM
Having personally just bought a very successful GP schoolmaster, I personally feel humbled every day to have him, and amazed at what I still have to learn.

He tries his heart out (even when I make a muck up) and enjoys his work. For that, I get off him every time I ride with a smile on my face, and he gets 'much loves.' (a loose term involving a lot of patting and often a little treat!!) I know that I am riding him on 'borrowed time' as he is older in years (15) and can only hope to achieve half of what he has been able to do in his life time.

Perhaps if your horse was so great you should aim for the World Champs :lol: There is always something better in dressage, always a higher score to chase, always a more adventurous freestyles to attempt etc etc. So, unless you are scoring 100% (in which case, Anky V-G eat your heart out!) you've still got something to improve on

bumknees
Jul. 6, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hey olympic if you are still around could you at least send my saddle plate to me you can pm me for my address.
As I had to purchas a new saddle I could use it back.
course you can throw another fit.
thanks Lip's for pointing out this thread...
hope you are getting good use out of the saddle.

horselips
Jul. 6, 2007, 02:53 PM
I guess I win the prize :uhoh:

Guess who I got a nasty, ranting, foot-stomping p/m from?

By the sound of it, still living in that Magic Castle In The Sky. (Her GED score is in the 98%, so she is now going to go to one of the best colleges in the whole wide world.)

<Backing carefully away from this thread, now>

I wonder what username she'll reincarnate as this time.

'LipsLookingAroundWarilyForHerFavoriteStalker

Dalfan
Jul. 6, 2007, 06:08 PM
Guess who I got a nasty, ranting, foot-stomping p/m from?

I have no idea, but I'd like to know what you are talking about. Do you know Olympic? Can you clue the rest of us in?

Erin
Jul. 6, 2007, 06:09 PM
Howzabout people keep their personal issues and disputes PERSONAL and off the boards, hmm??