The Washington International Horse Show takes place from Oct. 24-29 in the Verizon Center in downtown Washington, D.C.
Jumper highlights include the $130,000 Longines FEI World Cup President’s Cup Grand Prix, the $25,000 puissance class, and the $35,000 Gambler’s Choice costume class. Crowds go wild for the U.S. Pony Racing Shetland pony steeplechase (on Thurs., Oct. 26 and Sat., Oct. 28 during the evening session).
Open, amateur, junior and pony hunters all compete, as well as the finals for the children’s and adult amateur hunter and jumper WIHS series. In addition, equitation titles are handed out in the Washington International Equitation Classic in horse and pony editions.
Other useful links and information:
- All the Chronicle’s online coverage, with behind-the-scenes stories, lovely photos and more!
- The complete schedule of classes and exhibitions
- Live streaming
- The Washington International Horse Show official website
- Links to orders of go and daily results
- Don’t forget to follow the Chronicle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Chronofhorse
- We will have full analysis of the competition in the Nov. 13 issue of the magazine