They’re upon us, those six days of pony faces and pigtails. The USEF Pony Finals get underway on Aug. 8 with hunters, jumpers and equitation competitors on their mini steeds going head to head in Kentucky.
Here’s what you need to know to get you through Pony Finals:
When: Tuesday, Aug. 8, 9:30 a.m. – large pony model and under saddle, then small green model and under saddle
Wednesday, Aug. 9, 7:00 a.m. - small pony model and under saddle, then large pony over fences, then small green pony over fences
Thursday, Aug. 10, 7:00 a.m. – medium green pony model and under saddle, then large green model and under saddle, then small pony over fences
Thursday, Aug. 10, 7:15 p.m. – pony jumper individual phase 1
Friday, Aug. 11, 7:00 a.m. - medium pony model and under saddle, medium green pony over fences, then large green pony over fences
Friday, Aug. 11, 4:30 p.m. – pony jumper team championship/individual phase 2
Saturday, Aug. 12, 7:00 a.m. – medium pony over fences
Saturday, Aug. 12, 4:00 p.m. – pony jumper farewell class
Saturday, Aug. 12, 6:30 p.m. – pony jumper individual final
Sunday, Aug. 13, 7:00 a.m. - USEF Pony Medal Final
Where: The Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, Ky. The hunter competition takes place in the Walnut Ring, while the pony jumpers and the USEF Pony Medal Final go in the Alltech Arena.
How You Can Watch: USEFNetwork will be live-streaming all day every day at this link.
How You Can Follow Along: The Chronicle will be on-site with two reporters bringing you all the gorgeous photos, adorable interviews and behind-the-scenes stories. Make sure to follow along at www.coth.com and on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Chronofhorse
Useful links and information:
- All the Chronicle’s Pony Finals online coverage, with behind-the-scenes stories, lovely photos and more!
- The complete schedule of classes and social and educational activities
- Live streaming from USEFNetwork
- The USEF Pony Finals official website
- Links to daily results
- Don’t forget to follow the Chronicle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Chronofhorse
- We will have full analysis of the competition in the Sept. 4 issue of The Chronicle of the Horse magazine