The Rolex Central Park Horse got underway with the Arabian U.S. Open and on Thursday, Sept. 21, the jumpers start jumping. The 2017 version of the Rolex Central Park Horse Show has an exciting new addition to the schedule—the U.S. Open $50,000 Arena Eventing on the evening of Saturday, Sept. 23.
Where: In the heart of New York City’s Central Park. The ring is set up at the Wollman Rink.
When: Sept. 20 – 24
The highlights are:
Thursday, Sept. 21 – $40,000 U.S. Open FEI Speed 8:00 p.m.; $50,000 Puissance 9:00 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 22 – $25,000 U.S. Open U-25 Grand Prix 6:30 p.m.; $216,000 U.S. Open Grand Prix 8:00 p.m.
Saturday, Sept. 23 – Pony, junior/amateur-owner and professional hunter classes; $50,000 Duchossois Cup 4 p.m.; $50,000 U.S. Open Arena Eventing 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, Sept. 24 – Central Park Family Day 3:00 p.m.
Who: Top show jumpers like McLain Ward, Georgina Bloomberg, current world No. 1 Kent Farrington, Andy Kocher, Jimmy Torano, Lucy Deslauriers and more are scheduled to compete.
Eventers in New York City for the debut of arena eventing in Central Park include British superstars William Fox-Pitt and Oliver Townend as well as U.S. headliners Phillip Dutton, Boyd Martin, Doug Payne, Buck Davidson, Jennie Brannigan and more. See the full entry list.
How To Watch: There will be live streams on Thursday and Friday: see COTH TV for more.
Other useful links and information:
- All the Chronicle’s online coverage, with behind-the-scenes stories, lovely photos and more!
- You can find a complete schedule here: class schedule.
- The Rolex Central Park Horse Show website.
- Link to orders of go and daily results.
- You can watch the live feed on COTH TV.
- Don’t forget to follow the Chronicle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Chronofhorse
- We will have full analysis of the competition in the Oct. 9 issue of the magazine.