The CP National Horse Show gets underway on Oct. 31, kicking off six days of top indoor competition, which includes the ASPCA Maclay Final on Nov. 4-5 and the $250,000 Longines FEI World Cup Jumping Lexington Grand Prix on Saturday evening, Nov. 4.
Open hunters compete on Tuesday, Oct. 31 and Wednesday, Nov. 1, with amateur-owner hunters starting on the afternoon of Nov. 1 and finishing on Nov. 2. Junior hunters show Nov. 2, 3 and 4. Junior/amateur-owner and under-25 grand prix jumpers show on Nov. 2 and 3 with big classics on Sunday, Nov. 5.
The ASPCA Maclay Final this year follows the new format that debuted last year, with the first round starting at 5:30 a.m. on Sat., Nov. 4 and then the flat phase scheduled for 1:00 p.m. on Sun., Nov. 5, with the second jumping round to immediately follow that. (We’ll have a What You Need To Know for the Maclay Final up on Fri., Nov. 3.)
Other useful links and information:
- All the Chronicle’s online coverage, with behind-the-scenes stories, lovely photos and more!
- You can find a complete schedule here: class schedule.
- The CP National Horse Show’s website.
- Links to orders of go and daily results.
- You can watch the live feed on EQSports.net. (You have to subscribe.)
- Don’t forget to follow the Chronicle on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @Chronofhorse
- We will have full analysis of the competition in the Nov. 27 issue of the magazine.