The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association announced the addition of regional championships for the green hunters as part of the 2018 USHJA Green Hunter Incentive Program.
The regional championships are in addition to the annual national Platinum Performance/USHJA Green Hunter Incentive Championships held Aug. 14-16 at the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington. Horses that meet the eligibility requirements for the program may participate in one regional championship of the owner’s choice and the Platinum Performance/USHJA Green Hunter Incentive Championships.
The regional championships will be held at the following five competitions across the country:
- East Championship: Brandywine Valley Summer Series II, July 3-8 in Devon, Pennsylvania
- South Championship: NCHJA Annual Horse Show, June 27-July 1 in Raleigh, N.C.
- Central Championship: Harvest, Oct. 31-Nov. 4 in Katy, Texas
- Southwest Championship: International Jumping Festival, Sept. 19-23 in San Juan Capistrano, Calif.
- Northwest Championship: Oregon High Desert Classic 2, July 35-29 in Bend, Oregon
Each regional championship is two rounds, and the combined total score for both rounds will determine the winner. Prize money is awarded through 12th place, and each championship will offer a minimum of $10,000 in prize money spread across all the sections offered. Horses must be enrolled in the program to be eligible to participate.