The following pony-and-driver combinations have been named by the U.S. Equestrian Federation for the 2013 FEI Pony World Driving Championships in Pau, France, Oct. 31-Nov. 3.
- Paul Maye (Fairfield, Va.) will drive Harmony Sporthorsesâ€™ Markus.â€¨ Markus is a 2001 American Sport Pony stallion.
- Tracey Morgan (Beallsville, Md.) will drive her own Fuego 88.â€¨ Fuego 88 is 2001 German Riding Pony gelding.
- Jennifer Matheson (Aiken, S.C.) will drive Katrina Becker’s Bax 3, Cees and Danyloo. â€¨Bax 3 is a 2002 German Riding Pony gelding, â€¨Cees is a 2002 Welsh Pony gelding and â€¨Danyloo is a 1997 German Sport Pony stallion.
- Wendy O’Brien (Aiken, S.C.) will drive her own Braakmoor Clowny Clark, Braakmoor Conan and Olivin Diavoloâ€¨Braakmoor. Clowny Clark is a 1998 Welsh Pony gelding, â€¨Braakmoor Conan is a 1999 Welsh gelding and â€¨Olivin Diavolo is a 2001 Welsh Cob gelding.
- Lisa Stroud (West Grove, Pa.) will drive her own Kilkerin Edward, Cong Donal, Mosby, Sir Patrick, Mystic and With Flair.â€¨ Kilkerin Edward is 1997 Connemara Pony gelding,â€¨ Cong Donal is a 1996 Connemara gelding,â€¨ Mosby is a 1996 Quarter Horse cross gelding,â€¨ Sir Patrick is 1999 Connemara Pony gelding,â€¨ Mystic is a 2000 New Forest Pony gelding and â€¨With Flair is a 1999 Welsh Pony gelding.
- Katie Whaley (Paris, Ky.) will drive Mia Allo’s Ronja 436, Duke 76, Galileo, Thibo, Timing and Timesquare W E. Ronja 436 is a 1994 mare of unknown breeding, Duke 76 is a 1992 Wurttemberg gelding, Galileo is a 2004 German Sport Pony gelding, Thibo is a 2001 Welsh Pony gelding, Timing is a 2003 Welsh Pony gelding and Timesquare W E is 2005 Hanoverian gelding.
Ed Young will serve as chef dâ€™equipe.