On March 28, the U.S. Equestrian Federation announced the riders and horses who will represent the United States on the 2012 Show Jumping European Young Rider and Junior Rider Tour.
The team will compete at the CSIOYJ in Bonheiden, Belgium, on May 17-20, the CSIOYJ Reims, France, on May 31-June 3, and the CSIOYJ Hagen in Germany on June 13-17.
The young riders include:
- Annie Cook, 18, Woodside, Calif., on Banba, an 11-year-old Irish Sport Horse mare, and Landkorn 5, a 12-year-old Mecklenburger gelding, both owned by Signe Ostby
- Navona Gallegos, 20, Santa Fe, N.M., on No Fear, an 11-year-old Hanoverian gelding, and Vatricia, a 10-year-old Dutch Warmblood mare, both owned by Bar X Ranch LLC
- Jennifer Goddard, 20, Fort Salonga, N.Y., on Unique, an 11-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding, and Winner, a 9-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding, both owned by Stateside Farm LLC
- Alise Oken, 20, Charlotte, N.C., on Hi Hopes Farm LLC's Canecko Z, a 12-year-old Zangersheide gelding, and Kaid Du Ry, a 14-year-old Selle Francais gelding, both owned by Hi Hopes Farm LLC
- Lydia Ulrich, 17, Rochester, N.Y., on Santos Utopia, a 13-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding owned by Beth Congel and Up The Creek Farm
Junior riders include:
- Chloe Reid, 16, Washington, D.C., on King Of Hearts, a 9-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding, Quebon, a 12-year-old Oldenburg gelding, and Toulon, a 12-year-old Dutch Warmblood gelding, all owned by Chloe D Reid LLC
- Sydney Shulman, 17, Greenwich, Conn., on Back Country Farm's Fit 3, a 17-year-old Hanoverian gelding, and Gun du Desfi, an 18-year-old Selle Francais gelding, and John Madden Sales Inc's Little Lady D'Elle, a 13 year-old Selle Francais mare