Pending the approval of the U.S. Equestrian Federation Executive Committee and the United States Olympic Committee’s Board of Directors, the USEF named the 2012 U.S. Olympic Eventing Team.
The 2012 US Olympic Eventing Team in alphabetical order:
- Will Coleman (Gordonsville, Va.) and Jim Wildasin’s Twizzel
- Tiana Coudray (Ojai, Calif.) and Jatial Inc.’s Ringwood Magister
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) and Jim and Arden Wildasin’s Mystery Whisper
- Boyd Martin (Cochranville, Pa.) and the Otis Barbotiere Syndicate’s Otis Barbotiere
- Karen O’Connor (Ocala, Fla.) and the Mr. Medicott Syndicate’s Mr. Medicott
Mystery Whisper, a 12-year-old Australian-bred warmblood (Richmeed Medallion—Socialite, Salute) gelding imported by the Wildasins last winter, won CIC***s at The Fork (N.C.), Jersey Fresh (N.J.) and Red Hills (Fla.) this spring with Dutton in the tack. He most recently placed 14th at the Barbury Castle CIC*** (England).
Martin and Otis Barbotiere placed third at this year’s Rolex Kentucky CCI**** before going on to place 23rd in the CIC*** at Barbury Castle. Otis is a 10-year-old Selle Francais (Quidam de Revel—Java Barbotiere, Veneur de Baugy) gelding.
Twizzel, a 16-year-old Westphalian (Argentinus—Lady Bedford, Sensitive) gelding, and Coleman were fifth at the Rolex Kentucky CCI**** in April and 34th at Barbury Castle in the CIC*** last weekend.
O’Connor rode Mr. Medicott to first in the Bromont CIC*** (Quebec) and fourth at Rolex Kentucky this spring. The gelding, a 13-year-old Irish Sport Horse (Cruising—Slieveluachra, Edmund Burke), was 33rd in the CIC*** at Barbury Castle.
Coudray and Ringwood Magister, an 11-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding (Master Imp—Cloonkeen View, Carrabawn View), were second in the Blenheim CCI*** (England) last fall and the highest-placed U.S. pair (fifth) in the Barbury Castle CIC*** last weekend. They won the Jersey Fresh CCI*** in 2010.
The following horse/rider combinations will be replacements for the team (in alphabetical order):
- Buck Davidson (Ocala, Fla.) and Carl and Cassandra Segal’s Ballynoe Castle RM
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) and Bruce Duchossois’ Mighty Nice
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) and Team Rebecca’s Fernhill Eagle
- Will Faudree (Hoffman, N.C.) and Jennifer Mosing’s Andromaque
- Will Faudree (Hoffman, N.C.) and Jennifer Mosing’s Pawlow
- Sinead Halpin (Oldwick, N.J.) and Carraig LLC’s Manoir de Carneville
- Boyd Martin (Cochranville, Pa.) and the Neville Bardos Syndicate’s Neville Bardos
- Boyd Martin (Cochranville, Pa.) and Henley House Stables’ Remington XXV
- Clark Montgomery (Kennett Square, Pa.) and Holly Becker and Kathryn Kraft’s Loughan Glen
- Allison Springer (Upperville, Va.) and Carole and William Springer’s Arthur