The following horse-and-rider combinations have been awarded Land Rover Grants to compete on the U.S. Nations Cup team at the Boekelo CCI*** in the Netherlands, Oct. 11-14, 2012.
The United States will be represented by the following four riders (listed in alphabetical order):
- Jennie Brannigan (West Grove, Pa.) on Nina Gardner's Cambalda. Cambalda is a 10-year-old Thoroughbred cross gelding.
- Phillip Dutton (West Grove, Pa.) on Tom Tierney's Atlas. Atlas is an 8-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding.
- Jon Holling (Ocala, Fla.) on Constance Ann Holling's Downtown Harrison. Downtown Harrison is an 8-year-old Trakehner/Thoroughbred gelding.
- Clark Montgomery (Kennett Square, Pa.) on Holly Becker and Kathryn Kraft's Loughan Glen. Loughan Glen is a 9-year-old Irish Sport Horse gelding.
The following two combinations have been named as alternates (listed in alphabetical order):
- Buck Davidson (Ocala, Fla.) on Sherrie Martin's The Apprentice. The Apprentice is an 8-year-old Oldenburg gelding.
- Will Faudree (Hoffman, N.C.) on Jennifer Mosing's Pawlow. Pawlow is a 13-year-old Irish Thoroughbred gelding.
Each Nations Cup team member will receive a $15,000 Land Rover Grant to help offset expenses directly related to the event. Captain Mark Phillips will serve as chef d'equipe. A brief training camp is tentatively scheduled for the week of Oct. 5, prior to departure abroad.