The U.S. Dressage Festival of Champions has been named as the home for all 14 USEF Dressage National Championships in 2018. Hosted at the Lamplight Equestrian Center in Wayne, Illinois, from Aug. 21 through 26, the Markel/USEF Young and Developing Horse Dressage National Championships as well as the USEF Young Adult ‘Brentina Cup’ Dressage National Championship will be hosted in conjunction with the other dressage divisions.
The U.S. Dressage Festival of Champions will host the following championships and divisions:
- USEF Grand Prix Dressage National Championship
- USEF Intermediaire I Dressage National Championship
- USEF Young Adult ‘Brentina Cup’ Dressage National Championships
- USEF Young Rider Dressage National Championship
- USEF Junior Dressage National Championship
- USEF Pony Rider Dressage National Championship
- USEF Children Dressage National Championship
- Markel/USEF Young and Developing Horse Dressage National Championships for 4-, 5-, and 6-year-olds, as well as Developing Grand Prix and Developing Prix St. Georges
- USEF Dressage Seat Medal Finals for the 13 & under, and 14-18 divisions
Previous years have seen the championships held at two separate locations, but 2018 will be the first time that all 14 USEF Dressage National Championships are held under the same roof, at the same event, under the banner of the 2018 U.S. Dressage Festival of Champions.
“Previously, our USEF Dressage National Championships have felt splintered by having two different events, in different locations,” said Hallye Griffin, managing director of dressage. “Holding the full spectrum of the championships in one location, over a weeklong period, will give us the opportunity to showcase the talented athlete/horse combinations across the full spectrum of the divisions. We hope that this will also prove to be an exciting event for spectators, sponsors, vendors and supporters as we look to grow the event into something very special, while continuing to highlight our dressage competition pathways and programs in an effort to deliver continued sustainable success in our sport.”