The U.S. Hunter Jumper Association will be hosting open discussion forums at winter circuits this spring to listen to ideas and share information about developments in the sport. The exact locations, times and dates of most of the forums are approximate. Check back here, at the hosting horse shows or with the USHJA to confirm
FTI Winter Equestrian Festival Wellington, Fla. Tues, Feb. 22 at 3:00p.m. at the Special Events Pavillion (directly cross from the bridge). Discussion to be led by Geoff Teall.
HITS Ocala Ocala, Fla. Tues., Mar. 1 at 4:00p.m. in the tent overlooking the HITS Ocala Grand Prix ring. Discussion led by Geoff Teall.
HITS Desert Circuit Thermal, Calif. Tues., Mar. 8 at 2:00p.m at the White and Company Hunter Hospitality Tent. Discussion led by Jenny Karazissis and Shelley Campf.
Gulf Coast Winter Classics Gulfport, Miss., Mar. 1 at 5:00p.m. at the Hunter Riders Lounge. Discussion led by Bob Bell.
Additional locations for forums may be announced.
Topics for discussion include:
- Young hunter sections
- A national championship event
- World Champion Hunter Rider programs
- USHJA National Hunter Classics
- High and low sections of junior, amateur-owner and large pony hunter sections
- Young rider hunter divisions.
Other developments for explanation and discussion:
- The USEF rule change proposal requiring mandatory use of ASTM helmets whenever mounted on a competition grounds.
- The new rule (effective 12/1/11) addressing the use of Banamine in addition to one other NSAID when administered by a licensed veterinarian to treat competition horses for colic and eye injuries, and being able to return to competition 24 hours after administration
- The pilot program offering first year green and green conformation hunter USEF Horse of the Year awards based exclusively on money won within that division, in addition to USEF Horse of the Year awards in those sections that includes all money won.