LEGENDS & TRADITIONS ISSUE
* Deconstructing The Derby
Throughout the evolution of show jumping, competitors have struggled to earn the honor of clearing the hardest courses in the world at Hamburg and Hickstead.
* The History Of The Jumping Derby In Photos
* Living Legend: Gail Greenough
She broke through the male-dominated tier of sport to prove a woman’s place is atop the podium at the World Show Jumping Championships.
* Beauty And Strength In The Side-Saddle
An exhibit at the National Sporting Library and Museum shows that even when women were expected to be the picture of refinement and femininity, they also maintained a connection to the horse.
* 2018 Opening Meets Photo Gallery
* USHJA Annual Meeting Highlights Horsemanship, Safety And New Ideas
Bringing horse showing into the 21st century while honoring tradition was a hot topic in Tampa.
* Bob Foster Was The Self-Taught Savant Of Horse Show Photography
But that’s only one of the many skills this Renaissance man has mastered in his 79 years.
* Weston Davis Was Made For Equine Surgery
You could be forgiven for thinking that the veterinarian attending your horse has brought a bodyguard along for the ride when Dr. Weston Davis gets out of the car.
January/February 2019 Untacked