Equestrian Sports New Zealand named their eventing line-up for the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games in France on June 26.
The team is as follows:
- Andrew Nicholson on Nereo (owned by Libby Sellar) or Avebury (owned by Rosemary and Mark Barlow)
- Sir Mark Todd on Leonidas (owned by Peter Cattrell and Di Brunsden)
- Tim Price on Wesko (owned by Christina Knudsen, Peter Vela, Lucy Sangster and Kate Watchman)
- Jock Paget* on Clifton Promise (owned by Frances Stead and Russell Hall) *subject to availability pending FEI suspension
Equestrian Sports New Zealand has also named the following individuals:
- Caroline Powell on Onwards and Upwards (owned by Cameron and Mary Crawford)
- Lucy Jackson on Willy Do (owned by Mark, Gillian and Charlotte Greenlees)
- Jonelle Price on Classic Moet (owned by Trisha Rickards)
- Tim Price on Ringwood Sky Boy (owned by Robert Taylor, Selwood.com and Price)
- Megan Heath on St Daniel
ESNZ high performance eventing coach Erik Duvander said the team combinations are all well proven, but he cautioned it was still all about putting it together on the day.
“Everyone has worked very hard to reach the high targets we have set as a team, and that includes the riders, the trainers, all of the support team and the selectors,” said Duvander, who is also the eventing chef d’equipe for the World Games. “We have an incredible amount of energy in this team, and we have super talented horses.”