It’s here, it’s here, it’s here! My long-awaited new trailer is here. It’s a 2+1 Jamco, and it is the MOST GORGEOUS THING EVER. (Except for Fender.)
Below is my first attempt at a video blog, but here are some of the things I love about this particular trailer.
- Jamcos are built like tanks. Actually, what they’re really built like is houses: They’re tongue-and-groove aluminum boards instead of aluminum sheets wrapped around a frame, and that makes them strong as all get-out without being heavy.
- There’s this cool metal piece that protects the hinges that attach the ramps to the trailer. It keeps poop/shavings/your horse’s feet/whatever out of the hinges. Fender helped me test this by immediately pooping upon being loaded into the trailer for the first time. Like the first ding in a new car, I guess. Ugh.
- Smooth interior. No nuts, bolts, rivets, grommets, or anything else sticking out of the sides or roof for a certain chestnut mare to bang her head into.
- FANS! There are UBER-awesome fans in this baby, a huge yay for those of us living through hot Southern summers.
- The lights on the exterior over the wheel wells are hooked up to my turn signal and brakes just like the back lights, which makes driving in traffic way easier.
- The butt and chest “bars” aren’t bars at all. They’re made of seat belt material, covered in squishy foam, so in case of catastrophe, I can cut them to get horses out.
There are lots more great little safety features, and it hauls a treat, even with Fender poo on the back ramp. (Sigh.) It’s off getting my logo put on it, but it should be back home soon. If you’re in the area, come on by and check it out!