CANTER, Mid-Atlantic’s popular online auction fundraiser is back and bigger than ever: Bidding starts August 14 and ends August 21. Proceeds from the event go directly to the care and training of ex-racehorses that have been donated to CMA. Graduates of the CMA re-training program – evaluated for soundness, suitability and athleticism - have found successful careers in eventing, foxhunting, show jumping, dressage and more.
As in prior CANTER Mid-Atlantic online auctions, bidders will find some amazing items including merchandise from Weatherbeeta, Five Star Tack, Cavalor Feed and services they may not have otherwise had the opportunity to purchase:
- Lessons with U.S. Olympic Team Event Riders (all U.S. based riders)
- Lesson with former U.S. Olympic Team Dressage Rider and FEI “O” Judge, Linda Zang
- Lessons with Grand Prix Jumper and Hunter Riders/Trainers
- Consultation with Blackburn Architects
- Private Rolex Stadium Show Jumping Course Walk
- Veterinary Services
- Photography & videography
- Sagamore Racing Hoodie & Cap
- Shamrock Farm Tour
- Subscription to Chronicle of the Horse
There are many more items, even for those without a horse – haircuts and facials, homemade soaps, homemade brownies, artwork, jewelry and much more.
“We are overjoyed at the support we have received for the work we do to transition ex-racehorses into new careers. Thoroughbred racehorses are amazing animals and it’s through donations and fundraisers such as our online auction that give us the critical funds we need to keep the program going,” said Allie Conrad executive director, CANTER Mid-Atlantic. “We truly appreciate the many offers that have come in this year to help support our work. Because of that support this year’s auction is shaping up to be one of the best!”
Please visit: http://www.canterusa.org/midatlantic.
To find an ex-race horse, volunteer, or to make a donation, visit www.canterusa.org.