The Jumpers are back for a third year at Great Meadow, and everyone is already excited for the season opener this Friday, May 24th! The Friday-night series under the lights has something for everyone – Tailgating, VIP Boxes, dancing under the stars, and top-notch horses and riders going for speed over big jumps.
Organized and run by the High Performance Equestrian Foundation, Twilight Jumpers offers two invitational show jumping classes each night: a $500 Children’s/Adult Amateur Classic and a $5,000 Mini Prix, the evening’s feature class.
Here are the details you need to know:
· Dates: May 24, June 28, July 19 and August 30. (Rain dates are Sundays of the same weekend, May 26, June 30, July 21 and September 1)
· Location: Great Meadow’s Outdoor Stadium, 5089 Old Tavern Road, The Plains, VA 20198
· Times: Gates open at 6:30pm. Children’s/Adult Classic begins at 7PM, Mini Prix begins at 8:30PM. (In the event of a Rain Date postponement, check the website for times)
· Tickets: General admission tickets are $30/carload and may be purchased at the gate. For Tailgate Spaces or Ringside Boxes, call Elizabeth Billings at 540-454-6673.
· Food vendor: We are excited to announce that Fields of Athenry will be our food vendor this year! No time to put together a tailgate spread? Come hungry and support a local farm to table provider of pasture raised, hormone and antibiotic free meats and organic produce!
· NEW THIS YEAR: Proceeds benefit the Piedmont Environmental Council, a 501(c)(3) that promotes and protects the Virginia Piedmont's rural economy, natural resources, history and beauty.
Whether you want to sponsor, tailgate, reserve a ringside box for 6, or just picnic on the grass, it’s a great way to support a worthy non-profit organization and partake in the long-standing tradition of show jumping in Virginia horse country!
For more information, contact Alden Moylan at 703-431-4068 (general information), Rob Banner at 540-729-1335 (sponsorship/general information) or Elizabeth Billings 540-454-6673 (tickets, tailgate and box reservations). Be sure to find the event page on Facebook.